300 AAC Blackout

Caster's got you pegged.

+1

Apparently. Just ordered the rail and gas block, both DD. The 300 blk wants a carbine length gas system, so I'm sticking a lo pro inside a Middy rail. Now I gotta find a barrel wrench. Bravo is out of stock.

Apparently. Just ordered the rail and gas block, both DD. The 300 blk wants a carbine length gas system, so I'm sticking a lo pro inside a Middy rail. Now I gotta find a barrel wrench. Bravo is out of stock.

You're welcome to borrow mine.

No, I don't. I just use a plumbers strap wrench and a clean rag.

Has to interface with a torque wrench. It's actually for the barrel nut. I have a strap wrench too. That won't cut it. I'm hoping Smith is right, and they just include it.

I'm not sure why, but there is nothing more fun than shooting without muffs.

If you build the blackout, the can will come...

Yeah. MacGyver has been trying to tell me that for awhile. I shoot too many different guns to ever be muff free.

I am. Still have to chase down an upper receiver, BCG, charging handle, stock, and muzzle device. That could take all month :pleased:

I'm a weirdo [iMAGINE THAT!!!] I'm going to build mine on an A2 upper. I don't think I'm going to use an optic on mine. I have the upper receiver, a carbine free float tube and BCG. I just need the barrel/gas system and a front sight and I'm in business.

Last I checked the remington 115 gr stuff was pretty reasonable.There is always someone on 300blktalk.com that has brass for sell anneled or not.

PNW also makes range ammo (147gr) for a decent price. Last I looked, the Rem 115gr were $11.50-$12 and the PNW is $13.50-$14. Having shot both, I much prefer the PNW. I grouped better in my Blackout also Edited by Shorty

Oh, I'll reload. I probably won't form my own brass. Will most likely just buy the cheap remington ammo to get enough for load workup. The caliber likes H110 powder, and I have a couple of pounds of that. Also have a brick of primers. Just need a set of dies, some bullets, and I'm good to go.

BTW... I don't mind running them a little warm. The rifle will have a milspec M16 BCG.

Edited by mikegideon

Oh, I'll reload. I probably won't form my own brass. Will most likely just buy the cheap remington ammo to get enough for load workup. The caliber likes H110 powder, and I have a couple of pounds of that. Also have a brick of primers. Just need a set of dies, some bullets, and I'm good to go.

BTW... I don't mind running them a little warm. The rifle will have a milspec M16 BCG.

Castboolits is a great forum for lead nutz like me. The guys there are very trustworthy, I've done several deals over there and all have been great. Here's a deal for you Mike:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=146702&highlight=300+blackout