SA Range Officer Vs Remington R1 Enhanced

DannyP

Hey guys, looking for some 1911 input. I've never owned one before, been wanting to get one for a while. Anyways I was fondling both these guns at the shop today and man the fit and finish on both look great. Has anyone shot either of these or own them. Which do you think is nicer, the better shooter or has more features. Just looking for some help deciding between the two

Danny

Danny, I have a Range Officer and it very tight and very accurate. I had a R1 standard model and it was not as accurate and looser. The Range Officer has a forged frame and the R1 doesn't. I own 2 Philippine made American Classics with cast frames I feel are as good as the R1 enhanced for $300 less. I would go for the Range Officer , I feel its a better pistol and will hold more value . :) JMHO

• Like 1

Thanks, i was leaning more towards the RO, but the rear sights i don't feel go with the flow of the gun. Maybe i'm just over thinking it lol. It felt nice, and the fit and finish was nice, no gaps, everything tight and smooth.

Danny

the Range Officer is probably one of the best buys from a 1911.

You have to keep in mind it's intended purpose though, it's meant to be a very cheap entry into competitive shooting and with the accuracy they display for around 800, I think Springfield did a fantastic job on it for it's role.

XS also makes a replacement sight for the RO. I am probably going to order a set in the next couple of weeks.

Not conventional, but I kinda like them for fast target pickup and short range defensive scenarios.

Edited by quietguy