Man shoots self in face at Coal Creek Armory

definitely too bad to hear about the guy

any impact to CCA. . .will they be temporarily closed for any reason?

just curious, i was planning on going there within the next couple of days?

Go down 40 to Kingston and Frontier. Nicer range and better air filtration.

Practice for IDPA this weekend?

Give me a holler/pm maybe. I have a membership at Frontier and can take a guest for NC.

I stopped by at about 4:30 today. Parking lot was empty, save for the ServPro truck. A guy standing outside said they were closed but would be back open tomorrow. I figured they had a sewage leak or something, and didn't ask questions. Sorry to hear about what actually happened.

The bullet holes in the concrete wall behind the shooting lanes always made me nervous about the indoor range.

I stopped by at about 4:30 today. Parking lot was empty, save for the ServPro truck. A guy standing outside said they were closed but would be back open tomorrow. I figured they had a sewage leak or something, and didn't ask questions. Sorry to hear about what actually happened.

The bullet holes in the concrete wall behind the shooting lanes always made me nervous about the indoor range.

Hope they do a better job of cleanup than the last time.

Guest bulluck533

Man thats stinks. I don't think you can but i hope the family doesn't sue for the either the inexperienced shooters mistake or attempted suicide.

• Moderators

So it wasnt an accident?

I don't know, I don't even live anywhere near CCA, but I doubt this was accidental. When someone goes into a gun range and rents a handgun and shoots themselves in the face, it usually isn't accidental. They shoot themselves in the leg, foot various other extremities, yeah, I'll buy it being an accident. Not when it is a headshot.

I don't know, I don't even live anywhere near CCA, but I doubt this was accidental. When someone goes into a gun range and rents a handgun and shoots themselves in the face, it usually isn't accidental. They shoot themselves in the leg, foot various other extremities, yeah, I'll buy it being an accident. Not when it is a headshot.

Agreed. Short of it being a hang fire and a very inexperienced shooter who might be dumb enough to look down the barrel 'to see whats going on.' I dont really see how it could have been an accident.

I always think about this when visiting a range. I don't want to be anywhere near when someone decides to commit suicide. The other thing at a range is that I wonder if the others there have been trained in the safe handling of guns. I don't want to see anyone else die and I certainly don't want to be the one to die or be injured because someone else can't safely handle a gun!

That’s too bad. I wonder if CC has video cameras?

They do, that's where we were going while in Knoxville. I think they have multiple cameras on the range. A lot of idiots in there... Last time we were there one of the guys was giving a lesson to other newbies on how his special model glock "never required cleaning" and he has his "special bullets that penetrate clothing and explode when they touch flesh"