Bob Corker on the 2nd Amendment

Guest LeipersForkFirearms

Guest LeipersForkFirearms

Got to talk to Mr. Corker today at the GOP picnic in nashville, Heres the video...brief statement on his 2nd amendment beliefs....enjoy!

When he voted to approve Timothy Geithner I emailed him to voice my disapproval of letting a tax cheat run the Treasury Dept. He wrote back that we should allow Prez Zero to have anyone he needs to get the economic system under control and said that Geithner was "most qualified." I wrote back, "With that standard, I believe Rod Blagojevich is qualified to be a Tennessee senator." He blocked my email from then on.

• Like 6
Guest Grout

I've met him at least a dozen times over the years,the company I used to work for did a lot of subcontract work for Bencor back in the 80s.He later sold Bencor and did some housing renovation,got a lot of work from him on that too.Every time I saw him he had that same cocky,"I'm better than you" attitude.

• Moderators
When he voted to approve Timothy Geithner I emailed him to voice my disapproval of letting a tax cheat run the Treasury Dept. He wrote back that we should allow Prez Zero to have anyone he needs to get the economic system under control and said that Geithner was "most qualified." I wrote back, "With that standard, I believe Rod Blagojevich is qualified to be a Tennessee senator." He blocked my email from then on.
you win 3.14 internets for that one, fine sir.

He's like all the rest of them.... and should be voted out! They'll say today what works best for them at the time, and say something different tomorrow for the same reason.

And just because Alexander is worse should not give anyone the idea we should keep this one.

• Like 1
Guest PapaB

Couldn't understand half of what he said on the video.

I think he said "I'm for the 2nd Amendment if I think you're for it". Then he continued on with "yakety shmakety blah blah blah. Thanks for your vote. Go away."

He, and all the rest, took an oath to defend the Constitution. Same thing for local pols and LE. He, and all the rest, need to defend it not change it because they might disagree. Check out www.oathkeepers.org If you're military or a vet it applies to you also. Don't remember a time limit when I took it in '65.

I took the oath in' 66. Best I remember, mine expires when I do. Also, took the LE oath in 2003.

Guest 6.8 AR

He's like all the rest of them.... and should be voted out! They'll say today what works best for them at the time, and say something different tomorrow for the same reason.

And just because Alexander is worse should not give anyone the idea we should keep this one.

But Alexander should be more of a priority. The problem with voting someone out is, who do you have to

replace them? We seem to dig our own holes deep without much planning for the needed improvement

down the road.

I emailed him about the UN treaty thing, got the following email response and attached document. Still don't trust him.

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office to share your concerns about the prospect of a conventional arms trade treaty. Your input is important to me and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

Please know that the right to own firearms for shooting, hunting, and self-protection is important to me as a Tennessean and as an American. I believe in safeguarding the rights of law-abiding American citizens. I will be a consistent voice for the Second A mendment, and I will fight attempts to weaken those rights that are granted in the Constitution.

As you may know, the U.N. passed a resolution stating intentions to begin negotiating an international agreement surrounding the import, export and transfer of conventional arms. These negotiations will conclude with the United Nations Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty in 2012.

At this time there is no treaty pending before the United States Senate as the negotiations are ongoing . That said, I will continue to closely monitor the negotiations over the next year, and I can assure you, I will not vote for a measure that infringes upon U.S. sovereignty or a person's right to keep and bear arms. For this reason, I along with several of my colleagues in the Senate, sent a letter to President Obama expressing strong support for the constitutional protections of civilian gun ownership, and stating intentions to oppose any treaty that is presented to the Senate which in any way restricts the rights of law-abiding citizens to manufacture, assemble, possess, transfer or purchase firearms and ammunition. In addition, you may be interested in the attached "Policy Points" document to learn more about the steps I have taken to protect our S econd A mendment rights.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me over the course of my term.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker

United States Senatoriqtrk.gif?crop=14347.7154175.6628150.7484526

Bob Corker’s Policy Points

Compiled by the Legislative Team of U.S. Senator Bob Corker

Protecting Your Right to Bear Arms

As a hunter and sportsman, Senator Bob Corker is a strong advocate for the Second Amendment. He believes the Constitution provides law abiding citizens the freedom to keep and bear arms.

• Support for an Individual Right.

Senator Corker supports the recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions striking down DC and Chicago gun laws and affirming that gun ownership is an individual right protected throughout our country.

• Support for Restoring the Second Amendment. Senator Corker was one of the original Cosponsors of S.1001, a bill to restore Second Amendment rights in the District of Columbia. At that time, the citizens of Washington DC were required to register all privately owned firearms and possession of a handgun within the Washington DC city limits was prohibited. This bill would have allowed the ownership of a firearm, including a handgun, in Washington DC.

• Prohibit funding for groups who infringe on the Second Amendment. Senator Corker voted for an amendment that would prohibit any funding to foreign organizations that infringe upon the Second Amendment rights of lawful American citizens.

• Support for Gun Manufacturers and Dealers. Senator Corker is a Cosponsor of the BATFE Reform and Firearms Modernization Act (S. 941) and the Firearms Fairness and Affordability Act (S.632). These two bills would ease several of the unnecessary and unfair burdens of complying with federal licensing and tax laws for firearm manufacturers and dealers.

• Support for Conceal and Carry Laws. Senator Corker voted for an amendment that supports state conceal and carry laws by allowing people to carry concealed weapons in National Parks and Refuges if state laws allow it.

• Support for National Shooting Sports Foundation. Senator Corker supported the nomination of a National Shooting Sports Foundation representative to be appointed to the Defense Trade Advisory Group to represent the interests of small arms manufacturers. This appointment will protect the interests of small arms manufactures within this group.

Revised: 1/1/2011

Are these recent responses you guys have gotten?

These negotiations will conclude with the United Nations Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty in 2012.

Is the tool not aware this conference is going on RIGHT NOW?

Are these recent responses you guys have gotten?

Is the tool not aware this conference is going on RIGHT NOW?

I got my letter early this week. Gun owners have deluged his office about this. Mine must have been in the first mass bundle.

Guest PapaB

But Alexander should be more of a priority. The problem with voting someone out is, who do you have to

replace them? We seem to dig our own holes deep without much planning for the needed improvement

down the road.

The longer someone is in office the harder it is to get them out and the chance only comes by every 6 years for Senators. Replace him and, if the next one isn't good, replace them in 6 years.

The weasel also has no problem spending taxpayers money. He was #9 in senators who spent the most on travel expenses.

Most of them become politicians because they are simply to lazy to work for a living.

I got my letter early this week. Gun owners have deluged his office about this. Mine must have been in the first mass bundle.

Ditto.

Like most things, I'm sure this was made up well in advance and just a form letter response. I need to do some research and figure out who's on the ballot this time around.