"Glock Haters"

Guest No Ammo

I don't hate Glocks. I am a Glock owner and will buy more Glocks in the future. For all the reasons stated in the video, they are great pistols. However, Glocks don't win any beauty contests, and I believe some of the Glock fanboy crowd brings on some of the "hate". You know the comments I'm talking about..."why would you or did you buy that? You should have bought a Glock." There are many quality pistols made by companies other than Glock, and people do get annoyed by some of the Glock fanboy crowd that pooh-pooh anything other than Glock, so they become vocal like the Glock fanboys. I make fun of Glocks (all in jest) just to see whether I can bring out the fanboys in defense, but deep down I really like them. However, there are some pistols and revolvers that I love as works of art, and reliability and function, but they aren't Glocks. :2cents::stir::popcorn:

Some people want to have their firearms to look "pretty" or to give the impression that "it costs more because it looks that good". To each their own. Over the years I've had tons of different handguns and "tried" them all. My first handgun was a Kimber ProCarry II. Why....because I thought not only did it look good but I had to have a .45acp. Well, the Kimber didn't work out for me as well as others didn't. I've had Sigs, M&P's, Beretta's, Taurus', Rugers, Para's and even had a Springfield XD. They are all fine weapons and all were reliable. Some felt good while shooting and others didn't.

I was never interested in the block called 'Glock" untill my wife insisted she have a G19 for herself. After shooting it I realizied that the G19 was almost a perfect fit for me. The more I thought about it and researched, my thoughts and feelings changed over time as to what I would actually need a pistol for. I don't need a range queen nor do I care to have one that looks "nice" and not be able to enjoy it when playing in the mud.

Soooo.....it all came down to Glocks and the fact that they aren't pretty, they fit my hands well and are easy to shoot, clean and service. I have learned to use firearms Iike I would a tool. A wood worker practices with his wood working tools to improve his technique.....which is what I do with my Glocks. I could care less if a bit of mud or dirt get on or in my Glock. I don't care to shoot my Glock in the rain. I have tossed my Glock in a mud puddle, swirl it around and then shoot it to prove a point to others whom say Glocks are worthless....still I haven't seen anyone toss their 1911 or M&P or other handgun into a mud puddle to prove a point to me. I figured in the long run, IF there ever was a time I needed my weapon for a "war" or "zombie" senerio I wanted something I knew would not only be reliable but could hold out in the long run under harsh "uncleaned" conditions. Yes, many handguns can fit that bill but many aren't brave enough to do that with something that costs more than the usual Glock does......JMHO

Edited by kwe45919
  • Like 1

I'm a 1911 guy and I always have and always will love 1911s...I own several and always will. However, I carry a Glock and I own severl.

What convinced me was a two-day fighting pistol course when my very pretty and expensive Kimber choked BAD on me halfway thorugh the fist day. I switched to a backup, also a 1911, that took me through the rest of the course but I decided then and there that I was going to carry something that always went "bang" when you pulled the trigger.

Obviousely, I iknow taht Glocks can fail to function on a bad round or for other reasons...mechanical devices can and usually will fail sometime. But round for round, I believe the Glocks are the most reliable autoloaded out there and also aren't all that expensive.

Its not the looks for me at all. Most of my guns are fairly ugly, and the glock would not stand out among them.

I think I can boil it down to 3 or 4 issues with them. Which is not hate, just "not for me" stuff. They have excessive recoil for the size and caliber, across the board, due to light weight frame and heavy springs. The trigger has to be memorized to be used well (not only glocks, and a problem on any gun that has this issue). The grip angle is off from every other gun and feels wrong (unique to glock -- as if the designer threw out 3 centuries of handgun design to start from scratch). The thingy in the trigger is uncomfortable and annoying and useless (this is true of all guns that have the trigger "safety"). And, no fault of the gun, but the get-a-glock-one-size-fits-all crowd causes a lot of harm to new shooters.

They have just as many strong points. Inexpensive. Accurate. Reliable. Fairly easy to use point & shoot operation.

The looks never really entered into it. Anyone buying a plastic gun for looks needs their head examined anyway, wood & steel are for the beauty contests, plastic is for function.

Yeah, I'd have to pretty much agree with that. I've owned one Glock, carry one on duty. Got rid of the one I had,

They just don't fit me well, somewhat like a plow handle. They are reliable, which is their strong point, I guess,

combat accurate, reasonably inexpensive. Personally, I don't care so much what the thing looks like, neither

will the BG if it hits the fan.

Don't hate 'em, but not in love with 'em either,

And then there's dealing with people for whom Glock is the only answer ... (for the record, I like Glocks just fine, I just enjoy laughing at people who take it all a bit too seriously)

[media=]

[/media] Edited by BryanP
  • Like 2

Glock is what I call the wife's cooking. When I eat "Glock", shortly thereafter I have to rush and see RALPH about a BUICK.

If and / or when the Zombie apocalypse ever occurs, I'm going to invite all the Zombies I know over for a Glock party.

Seriously though, I'm a 1911 fan but my Glock 26 has its place. I always get 100 rounds out of my Kimbers during IDPA matches without fail, it's dependable. I can't imagine a real life scenario where I would need more than 100 rounds without the opportunity to clean it.

If I were to go to a fighting pistol class I'd consider taking my wife's Glock :rofl:

dont like them guys...I would avoid gun shops like that based on personality conflicts

And then there's dealing with people for whom Glock is the only answer ...

[media=]

He I am subscribed to and find his channel quit fun

Edited by SonnyCrockett
Guest Baron

The first handgun I bought is a G17. Its the best handgun I own. I am the most accurate with it, its the most dependable and it has the highest capacity.

However, it is far from my favorite. It excites me about as much as my push lawnmower (and I can't even remember what brand it is).

The first handgun I bought is a G17. Its the best handgun I own. I am the most accurate with it, its the most dependable and it has the highest capacity.

However, it is far from my favorite. It excites me about as much as my push lawnmower (and I can't even remember what brand it is).

Heh if capacity is one of the talking points, I surrender..... not too many other guns have 30+ round mags. A serious advantage, for sure.

Edited by Jonnin

I'm not a Glock Hater but I sold all of my Glocks. They don't feel right in my hand and I was less accurate with them than I was with the Sig. I've got nothing against them, they just didn't feel "right" to me. Frankly, I have far more trouble understanding this weird Glock worship. Like these guys who are trying to convince everyone that the Glock is the end all and be all of pistols.

Im a pretty big Glock fan when it comes to using a handgun for defense,there are other handguns I like as well HK,CZ,Sig and the like but I still end up finding the Glock to be my go to handgun. I thought it was rather funny my friend just went out last weekend and spent over 1k on a new Sig 226 MK25 and while we were running drills the magazine kept falling out,the slide would never stay back after the magazine was empty(With both factory and aftermarket mags),had a few light primer strikes, and then theres me with $600 Glock 34 not a single problem the whole time, the ironic thing is he sold his Glock to buy a more expensive Sig that doesnt work properly.

Attached a funny video below,Im sure some of you have already seen it.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by ~48_South~

I've shot Glocks. I've held even more Glocks than I have shot. I don't like them. Not because of the looks but, as others have said, simply because I don't like the way they feel. Further, I am no fan of striker fired pistols. I'm sure they are just as good, safe, etc. as anything else when handled properly - they just aren't what I prefer.

So, this isn't a case of, "If you'd just try one, you'd see..." I've test-driven them, kicked the tires, etc. Didn't like the Kool-aid, spat it out and poured the rest down the drain. I won't say that I wouldn't own a Glock - I'd happily accept one as a gift - but I will never buy one. If that makes me somebody's pet peeve or whatever then oh, well.

Of course, just to further kick the hornet's nest, I'm not all that enamored of 1911s, either.

• Like 1

A while back, when I lived in Cincinnati, I was visiting the owner/ friend of a public indoor shooting range/ gun shop. While we were talking the rep from Glock came in. He asked the owner to "How many rounds had the rental Glocks have through?" He told him that as far as he know, 35000-40000 rounds each. The rep asked to see them. He took each of them apart, took a tool out of his pocket, and popped some small parts out of the frame of each gun and pushed some new ones in. Then he told the owner that the guns would be good for another 35000/40000 round now. One of the other things that the rep said was "If you pull the trigger on a Glock and it doesn't fire it's because you forgot to load it.

Now, that being said, I shoot practical pistol competition. At the end of the day, if I shoot the Glock 34 or 35 that I have in a match my scores will be lower than if I shoot my M&P Pro or XDM 5.25. I'm not saying that the Glock isn't as good as one of the others. I just can't get used to that cotton pickin' Glock trigger.

Edited by Ray Z

I hear a lot of people say the don't like the trigger on a glock but I don't think that is the problem. The problem with glocks is that they are not a M&P... :stir::hiding: .

I am joking..... I really like glocks, a lot, my M&P is just a more comfortable fit in my hand. The similarities between the two is what led me to buy it.

I got no problem with Glocks. They are fantastic weapons. The only problem I have is with people you meet at the range, or dealers that drank the Glock-aid. They can be quite annoying. They seem not to understand that if Colt sucked they would not be in business for over 100 years, and if Beretta sucked they would not be in business after almost 500 years. People, in general, are narrow minded I think.

• Like 2

I am not a Glock hater hater. That's the majority of my pistols. The very first semi auto pistol I bought when I was 21 was a Taurus 24/7 in .45 ACP. I do not care much for .45. All I buy now is Glock. I don't look down on XD or 1911 guys though. And as far as looks, at first I didn't like how the Glock looked but I have grown fond of the look, function and dependability. As far as shooting, i can say without exageration that i have NEVER had a failure with any of mine. The only thing I have done was intentionally limp wrist my 26 and finally made it short cycle. I own/have owned the 17,20,22,23,26,27,32 and 34. I probably won't ever buy another pistol. Just me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2