How many Para LDA Owners out there?

I just picked up my first LDA Para-Ordinance at the last Goodman show. I am very impressed. I was just wondering how many other LDA owners are out there and what your experiences have been with the LDA. So far this one has out shot both my Springfields. There may be more LDA's in my future. :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steelharp

I've always wanted one, but I have always heard so much hit-n-miss about Para's quality that I just haven't wanted to invest that much cash in something that iffy. Keep us posted on how it works for you; I'd be curious to know.

I've had a Tac Four since they first came out. Haven't shot it much. At least not enough to know if there are problems or to get familiar with the trigger action vs. any other dbl action pistol or vs. a 1911. I like the concept but just haven't had the time. Counting the Tac Four, I have 3 para's and have had no problems with quality. The other two are double stack 1911 style that I've had for at least 10 years. I'm partial to the large grip on the double stack models.

I am going to part with one of my Springfields or maybe the Glock 27 and try to find a compact/lighter weight LDA. What is the Tac Four like? I have put about 200 rounds thru this 7.45 LDA. I tried shooting it just like I got it and only lubing a little. It was not feeding reliably and I was afraid I had made a mistake. I stripped it and cleaned it thoroughly, re-lubed and it has run flawlessly ever since, including some of the mags the Springers don't like.

If I can find a Para double stack I will talk to you about those mags. Are they 14 rounders? 13? 12?

As to Para's being made in Canada, I only buy used so really, I am not supporting Para. That being said, my Glocks are made in Austria, my Berettas made in Italy, my SA frames are made in Brazil, my Taurus is made in Brazil, my Browning rifles were made in Japan, my CZ was made in Czechoslovakia, shall I go on......:stunned:

I am going to part with one of my Springfields or maybe the Glock 27 and try to find a compact/lighter weight LDA. What is the Tac Four like? I have put about 200 rounds thru this 7.45 LDA. I tried shooting it just like I got it and only lubing a little. It was not feeding reliably and I was afraid I had made a mistake. I stripped it and cleaned it thoroughly, re-lubed and it has run flawlessly ever since, including some of the mags the Springers don't like.

The Tac Four is a double stack LDA version of the P13-45 only in SS. That was one of the attractions for me. It came with two 13 rounders and I bought 2 more with the coupon that came with it. That made six usable in the two pistols. This was just after the 10 round ban was lifted. Apparently Para still had a ton of the magazines left from prior to the ban. When I first got the Tac Four, it didn't lock back after the last round from the magazine. Contacted Para and was referred to their repair facility in Sevierville. They shipped me a bag full of new mag springs. No more trouble. As I said, I haven't had time to shoot it much lately but hope to now that it is warmer.