Longer Bow Season

Guest 270win

Guest 270win

Is there any interest in a longer deer bow season in Tennessee? I would like to see bow season go to the end of at least January, preferably February. There is a long bow season in Arkansas that goes to the end of February and people there seem to like it. Bow season has always started there Oct 1st and this year it is even be moved up to Sept 15th. That is over five months of deer hunting opportunity.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bow season here begins end of September and runs to January. I haven't seen the exact dates yet. If you play it right, you can kill a little over 150 deer as it is. The only requirement is the wearing of orange any time a firearm season is going on.

I think based on "youth hunts", and waterfowl season and especially RABBIT season...you're not likely to see a longer deer season in Tennessee.

Dave

(931)802-2138

Posted from my Dell Desktop using the Keyboard.

I wouldn't mind an extra week or two in January for bow-only.

I'd also like to see the addition of a year-round atlatl season... but I won't hold my breath for that one.

http://www.tn.gov/tw...eerseasons.html

Sept. 22 - Jan. 6 this season. Glad to have some January time back on the clock again.

I agree. Alot of Rabbit and Quail hunters don't hunt until deer season is over. At least that's the case on Public land here. If bow season lasted until the end of "small game" season...a mighty heap of folks will get upset when birddogs and beagles "mess up your bow hunt"!

There's youth waterfowl hunts and Draw hunts up until the end of January on most public land. No hunting of ANYTHING is permitted is most places during those times. If you ask me my personal opinion...deer season is way too l ong now!

The appeal of hunting bow season for me was two fold 1) the thrill that can only be understood by someone who has actually bowhunted. And 2) Getting to hunt early in the season before the deeer are "gun shy." I have no desire to bow hunt in January after the deer have been chased around for 2 months by every moron in the state that owns a rifle. I'm with WD on this one, it's going to mess up the rabbit hunting anyway. The guys I always rabbit hunted with waited until deer season was over before we rabbit hunted so as not to disturb the deer hunters. Plus we all deer hunted the whole deer season anyway.