Federal 100 round value packs

Guest Matt Pavo

I just bought a 250 Rem UMC value pack of 115gr 9mm for 59.97+ at the Jeff City WM.

I prefer the Fed Champ, my experience has been it shoots a little cleaner than the UMC.

About 70% of the time I can find Fed Champ at the S Chapman WM for 12.97 and the .380 for 18.97

Word to the wise, don't buy a .380 you like to shoot, it gets a little pricey...

After following this thread for awhile, I decided to check in my local WalMart (Turkey Creek) today.

They had a fair amount of high dollar DPX rounds, but virtually no target 9mm, .40 S&W, of 45 acp. They also had plenty of hunting rifle rounds...but no bulk .223 or 7.62x39.

Thankfully I reload, and plan to...make that need to...learn to cast.

I also plan to make it to the next Knoxville show and purchase more components from David.

Most of the online vendors I've checked are hit & miss. Especially in regards to components. There's plenty of steel cased ammo out there...for now anyway.

Here we go again... :2cents:

Smyrna Wally World has the 100rd valpaks I believe, as of Sunday. Not sure of caliber, as I was was just peeking in the case.

Here's why WalMart never seems to have ammo in stock- because ammunition is a "secured" freight, they only get one pallet of ammo every 3-4 weeks. I spoke to the sporting goods manager to see why they're always out, and that's what he said. Once it's gone for the month, they have to wait another few weeks to get another pallet. He also said that there isn't a specific date for this, unless he's pulling my leg just so I won't show up at midnight and wipe them clean.

Either way, I bought 1 box of the 9mm 115gr Fed 50rd and 2 boxes of Winchester PDX1 9mm 124gr (they were sold out of 147gr, which was my first choice) for ~$84, including $0.40 worth of Ammo Fees.

I actually work at a Walmart, I've been there for the last few years. There is a little truth to that apparently. Like you said, we do only get in ammo once every few weeks. I've also heard we are "limited" to how much we can buy and how often. Now if this is a company policy or something to do with the vendors, I don't know.

I actually work at a Walmart, I've been there for the last few years. There is a little truth to that apparently. Like you said, we do only get in ammo once every few weeks. I've also heard we are "limited" to how much we can buy and how often. Now if this is a company policy or something to do with the vendors, I don't know.

I recently quit from Wal-Mart to go back to school. At my store, we got ammo at least every 2 weeks. Sometimes weekly. It was generally 80% shotgun shells, 15% .22lr, then a mix of other calibers. But when we did get it, it would set in a buggy in front of the gun room in the back for a couple days in till someone put it up. Our gun room is packed with ammo, but I don't know how often they move it to the shelf.

It never makes it to our ammo room. It sits on a pallet until the morning shift comes and puts it in the case. Most of it is sold within a few days. And the only reason I like to buy it there is because I can use my 10% employee discount on it.

Edited by dieewigeteufel
Guest Skyline034

aee45a53-cb8e-028e.jpg

Walmart in Coolsprings/Franklin area...they just got a shipment in so get them while you can. The manager said they have been selling quickly.

Hundred Oaks Pharmacy in Nashville had 9mm for $19.97, didn't see any .40, a few boxes of .45 for 29.97, 223/556 for 34.97. I was also lucky enough to buy one of their two 420 round ammo cans of Federal 62gr green tip up to $164.

Talked to the guy at the Walmart in West Nashville, said he gets their shipment in every Tuesday, and it gets put out Wednesday in the am.

Smyrna Wally World has the 100rd valpaks I believe, as of Sunday. Not sure of caliber, as I was was just peeking in the case.

Here's why WalMart never seems to have ammo in stock- because ammunition is a "secured" freight, they only get one pallet of ammo every 3-4 weeks. I spoke to the sporting goods manager to see why they're always out, and that's what he said. Once it's gone for the month, they have to wait another few weeks to get another pallet. He also said that there isn't a specific date for this, unless he's pulling my leg just so I won't show up at midnight and wipe them clean.

Either way, I bought 1 box of the 9mm 115gr Fed 50rd and 2 boxes of Winchester PDX1 9mm 124gr (they were sold out of 147gr, which was my first choice) for ~$84, including $0.40 worth of Ammo Fees.

I worked at the Walmart in Algood,TN for 1 year in sporting goods, until this May. Never heard of "secured freight". I helped unload the trucks from time to time when they were short handed. The ammo came in just like everything else, pretty much thrown on the truck. The only things that actually came as pallets were items like dog food and displays, everything else was loose. Ammo came by the case and they have a box that came with multiple boxes of ammo which was packed by someone at the warehouse. Ours came from Hopkinsville, KY. That multiple box could have 2 boxes of 9mm WWB and random rifle rounds thrown in it, we never knew. Sometimes it would just be a single box inside that larger box.

The sporting goods manager, assaistant managers, and the store manager can put in an order for ammo. I don't know about the limits though. The managers would place the order usually by case quantity, just depended on what the system allowed. Our guns came from Sports South and the AR guns were orded by home office, they usually came from the manufacturer. I'm not sure if the ammo came from Sports South as well though. There was never a certain day we got ammo. The order was sent to the warehouse, it was then put on the truck and sent to the store. The truck gets unloaded starting about 5pm, they put everyting on a conveyer and sort it by department.

If there is a tag for the ammo, any employee with a gemini (scanner gun) can scan the tag and tell if it is on order and how many. The status of the order was: on order, at warehouse, in transit. In transit means it has left the warehouse and is on the way to the store. We only had the federal 9mm and 40sw 100 round packs when I was working. They only come 4 to a case and usually took a while to come in.

Some stores may be different than this but, this is how it was at the store I worked at.

I worked at the Walmart in Algood,TN for 1 year in sporting goods, until this May. Never heard of "secured freight". I helped unload the trucks from time to time when they were short handed. The ammo came in just like everything else, pretty much thrown on the truck. The only things that actually came as pallets were items like dog food and displays, everything else was loose. Ammo came by the case and they have a box that came with multiple boxes of ammo which was packed by someone at the warehouse. Ours came from Hopkinsville, KY. That multiple box could have 2 boxes of 9mm WWB and random rifle rounds thrown in it, we never knew. Sometimes it would just be a single box inside that larger box.

The sporting goods manager, assaistant managers, and the store manager can put in an order for ammo. I don't know about the limits though. The managers would place the order usually by case quantity, just depended on what the system allowed. Our guns came from Sports South and the AR guns were orded by home office, they usually came from the manufacturer. I'm not sure if the ammo came from Sports South as well though. There was never a certain day we got ammo. The order was sent to the warehouse, it was then put on the truck and sent to the store. The truck gets unloaded starting about 5pm, they put everyting on a conveyer and sort it by department.

If there is a tag for the ammo, any employee with a gemini (scanner gun) can scan the tag and tell if it is on order and how many. The status of the order was: on order, at warehouse, in transit. In transit means it has left the warehouse and is on the way to the store. We only had the federal 9mm and 40sw 100 round packs when I was working. They only come 4 to a case and usually took a while to come in.

Some stores may be different than this but, this is how it was at the store I worked at.

Secured freight is what sits in the back after the truck is unloaded. It has to be "checked in" item by item by the invoice papers before it can go to the floor. At least that's how it is at my store. These items usually include ammo, computers, tablets, cell phones, etc.

Guest MidTNGlock

I haven't been into firearms for very long but I have never seen these 100 round boxes at the Columbia Wal Mart. Most times they don't have any 9mm at all when I go in there. Does anyone know when they put ammo out on the shelf at this store?

They had quite a few 50 round boxes late last night for 12.97. I bought four since it's still a little cheaper than the Blazer brass I've been buying at Dunham's.

They did have a few 100 round boxes of WWB for $23.xx

$20 per hundred is a good deal now? Yikes.

You need to buy a mold and a press, mate.

Or at the very least a press!

I just started reloading but have been saving brass for a couple of years. I figure rds are costing about .12 ea. since I don't have to buy brass. Buy that mold Caster is talking about and it'll drop some more!

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought another 5.56 420rd can from the Walmart in 100 Oaks in Nashville. They have 3 more boxes of it in stock and some Federal 9mm 100round packs. The can is 55gr ammo instead of the 62gr like I previously bought, and it is just full of 20 round boxes instead of on stripper clips. The boxes are XM193f and the can ran $159.