Zimmerman is now apparently a child molester.

What's illogical is you're reading my post and making

something out of it, when I was referring to a post

claiming there were sides based on political party

beliefs. Now, if you claim that to be illogical or

a lack of reason or something else, go for it.

I stated my opinion, you did yours. I guess we

disagree, don't we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly I misunderstood your post then. You know what your words mean better than anyone else. My apologies for jumping to conclusions.

I said earlier that I believed in innocent until proven guilty. However, that doesn’t mean that I think it actually happens.

I’m sure that you, as have I, have put cuffs on people, towed their cars, locked them up in jail, and that’s where they stayed until they went to trial because they couldn’t make bond. I’m sorry, but that’s not innocent until proven guilty. I believe the way it should be (and the way it will be someday) is that no one can be placed in jail unless they are taken before a judge and it is shown that you are a danger to someone. A person should be given a “Notice to Appear†on the street and let go, then if they don’t show up for court they are in another category and can be detained.

Jail is a dangerous place and innocent people are hurt all the time; I know I’ve seen it many times. A person has no business being there unless they have been convicted or unless they are a real threat to someone. Someone could make a very big name for themselves by hurting or killing Zimmerman in jail.

Well said Dave!

A person often times spends time in jail, looses everything they have to include their jobs. And many of them are innocent of the crime they were accused of commiting. They get hurt in jail, their names and images smeared with mud...all for what?

This happens to the homeless alot. Where's everyones right to a speedy trial?

Dave

One of the things I've noticed on this and actually, on most internet forums and just in life for that matter; is that people seem to have a difficult time differentiating between a a person thinking another person's opinion is wrong equating to thinking that there is something wrong with the other person personally or that the other person "can't" have their opinion.

I'm not sure what can or should be done about that or even if anything can be but I still find it disappointing even though I know I've fallen into that trap more often than I'd care to admit.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Perhaps in other areas such as LA where there is little control over the third world areas I guess. I mean, with the proper amount of hype and a motivational riot leadership I you can get a good riot going in those places any day of the week. In Florida where this is all going on I don't see anything happening. There are a lot of reasons for this, but the short answer is that the environment does not support it. Even the black community in Sanford isn't going to support a bunch of outsiders coming in and stirring up trouble, because in the end it will be their neighborhoods that bear the destruction.

Beyond the other side of this issue in regards to the race baiting and such and media slant, there is an equally disturbing undertone I've noticed which seems to invite the idea of such a breakdown as an opportunity for a cultural purging; an armed reaction to it. If folks knew what something like that actually looked like, smelled like.... sounded like, they wouldn't be wishing for it. They'd be praying that such an awful day would never come.

I agree with what you are saying. However look at what happened at the Jacksonville Wal-Mart. Just saying it can happen anywhere.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-07-17/story/saturday-night-flash-mob-takes-over-jacksonville-wal-mart

Well said Dave!

A person often times spends time in jail, looses everything they have to include their jobs. And many of them are innocent of the crime they were accused of commiting. They get hurt in jail, their names and images smeared with mud...all for what?

This happens to the homeless alot. Where's everyones right to a speedy trial?

Dave

And many of the innocent can't afford to fight the charge so they plead-out. We have a legal system; not a justice system. Edited by SWJewellTN

I agree with what you are saying. However look at what happened at the Jacksonville Wal-Mart. Just saying it can happen anywhere.

http://jacksonville....nville-wal-mart

Yeah, and that is a part of a larger problem that is unrelated to Zimmerman, however, could be exploited in the event that Zimmerman is found not guilty. The thought that it could happen in Central Florida though I think is more far fetched than most any other population center in the US, even though this is where it took place.

I still hold out the opinion that any widespread civil unrest will come of this. As much as so many on the left want to believe that this is the '60s, it ain't. The social injustice that was going on in the decades that preceded the civil rights movement is so far gone that there are few alive that can remember what it was like. I'm sure the black Americans that are still around who experienced those injustices look at some examples of modern day cries of inequality and think "you have no effing idea what you're talking about." And you know, I think deep down even the extreme lefties know that too. I think that the reason the Jesse Jacksons of the world flock to stuff like this is because they want to live the glory and romance of the history making events of the civil rights movement. Kinda like life imitating art or something. Deep down this isn't going to be something that sets people off into total destruction, at least not widespread. If a place like LA devolves into chaos for a week or two I don't think that is relevant to the rest of us.

Guest 6.8 AR

Clearly I misunderstood your post then. You know what your words mean better than anyone else. My apologies for jumping to conclusions.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything else, so please don't take me the wrong way. Words have meaning.

I meant, literally, what I said. Why would I wish to state something opposing what I also enjoy sharing?

That is, sometimes. Other times, it's best I keep my views to myself.

We can all, who think, have our own opinions of innocence or guilt concerning this and anything else,

but the presumption of innocence or the finding of guilt still gets left up to the jury. I personally don't care

if, at the end of the trial and Zimmerman is found not guilty(my opinion), the riots ensue. If they want to

play that way, I am sure they will suffer the consequences. If it grows into something much worse, I'll be

ready, willing and able to defend anything of mine and my neighbors. If that's the kind of justice a rioter

wants, don't let anyone stand in the way.

I'm really disgusted when I hear someone propose the idea that if he is found one way, this will happen.

Or, if he is found another way, something else will happen. Not at the person, the idea. I'm even more

disgusted every time I hear something from the media like this molestation crap. Irrelevant, politically

motivated and very dangerous. There are too many things happening in our country and I know where to

point my finger. You can figure it out easily enough, but you might be called a tinfoil conspirator because it

involves a little bit of history, a lot of politics of the wrong flavor and quite a number of evil people.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything else, so please don't take me the wrong way. Words have meaning.

I meant, literally, what I said. Why would I wish to state something opposing what I also enjoy sharing?

That is, sometimes. Other times, it's best I keep my views to myself.

I didn't take it as rude at all. I genuinely feel as if I miss interpreted what you said. If you say that's what you mean, I believe you and didn't take it the wrong way at all.