Gender icons not showing properly?

OK something weird is going on, Tungsten, when I post a new post there is a little girl icon beside my carry card icon under my avatar but then when I refresh it is gone. Do you have any idea what it is and why it is disappearing?

OK here is what I am talking about.

girl-icon.jpg

Edited by Guns&Dobes
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm how odd LOL, I just ask my daughter to look also, so you see it? I don't see her or a boy in anyone else's little box.

I always see the cards and I see the Military icon in some and the Police one in some etc, but I have NEVER seen the girl or a boy in any until I seen one in my own post last night and then after I refresh it disappears. hahahaha how very strange, I guess it is on my end but I have no idea why. Oh well, such is life, I might not lose too much sleep over it tonight :confused:

Edited by Guns&Dobes
  • Administrator
The girl icon isn't showing up on yours or on mine Diane. I've been wondering about that myself.

What web browser are you guys using? I see the icon perfectly on all of my computers using IE7 or Firefox.

I use IE 7, Natosha what is happening is that when we make a new post, once it posts then I can see the girl icon, then if I go out and come back in or hit refresh it disappears, so it shows only immediately after a new post. Try it and see if that is how it is working for you.

Of course I can live without the girl icon, but some things drive me crazy just because it has no reason not to work. Ya know? But it makes me wonder what else I am missing.

Edited by Guns&Dobes

I also have Vista if that might matter, but I really don't think that it does. Who knows, but yes I will clear out my cookies and cache but I doubt that will work, it is just a little bug somewhere that all of us caught :( maybe it was planted by a anti-gunny persson :D

I have Windows ME and I think I have the older IE 6 running. I don't see the girl at all whether the post is old or new. Are all the guys supposed to show a gender icon too? Because I don't see it in anyone's posts.....but if I get a private message from someone, then I see it. Weird :)

• Administrator
I'm going to be sitting out this month. Have to take the kids to a relatives (also a kid) birthday party.

On the plus side I think they are going to get a space walk. I love getting in those things. :D

<--Jealous :)

Guest Verbal Kint
FWIW I've not had any problems seeing them on three different machines.

XP w/ IE7

Vista w/ IE7

2000 w/ IE6

Doesn't show up for me either... XP, IE7, even with cache refreshed. The plot thickens. :tinfoil:

Guest dotsun
is there a transgender icon? Well just saying there might be a member out there.....

PS: I get the now you see them now you don't thing happpening too.

Do closet cross dressers count? No icons here either, xp + firefox 2.0 ownz ju. :D

Guest abailey362

this computer is on ME with IE6 and never noticed a gender icon...let's see if I get one on my post.

edit....nope...I get the HCP, military, LEO, and all others...just no gender icon