Zimmerman on Hannity Tonight

I never watched Hannity before,I wonder how they find these reporters...

You've really been out of the loop. Hannity is about same stature as Rush, long time heavy conservative hitter, syndicated radio for 12 years, FOX for 6. Second only to OReilley in ratings.

- OS

Yes, because we all know that there's no politics involved in the legal process, right?

Sure, I don't doubt there is. Like I said, I'm no legal eagle. However, I figure that any judge would throw out a case if there isn't even evidence to support the charge. Can prosecutors just level charges on folks at random? I guess so. I guess a DA could just charge you with 1st degree murder on some random crime you have no connection to. However, when it goes before a judge the DA is gonna need more than "I just really, really think he did it."

But maybe you're right. Maybe the judge is allowing this to happen due to political pressure. That wouldn't be right. But we still have a jury that would ALL have to agree that Zimmerman committed a crime. I would venture to say that at least 50% of Seminole County residents (if not more) are tired of the media, Jesse and the NBPP making a spectacle out of their community and leveling accusations at Floridians in general. For every juror that some of you think has been misled by the media to believe Zimmerman is guilty, there is probably another that is beyond pissed that the media has raked him and the community across the coals. Hell, there was outrage from the community when the Police Chief tried to resign!

He will get a fair trial. If he is found guilty it is because he is guilty.

Edited by TMF 18B

They weren't going to prosecute until there was outrage from Sharpton. I can't imagine they have the courage to throw out the charges it out over a little thing like lack of evidence.

That simply isn’t true. The Police investigators asked for an arrest warrant from the beginning. The DA chose not to pursue that. A group of citizens got upset because he didn’t do his job; the Governor sat him on the sidelines and put someone else in. If the fact that the group of citizens was black, makes it a race issue for some people; so be it. I don’t see this being a race issue. I don’t know why the DA didn’t pursue an arrest warrant. I would be curious to know how many times the Police have asked for an arrest warrant in a homicide case and the DA refused.

When you kill someone there is no guarantee you aren’t going to stand trial. Zimmerman created the situation, escalated it to a chase, and Martin stood his ground.

I’ve seen it posited several times that Martin could have got away from Zimmerman. That is exactly what “No duty to retreat†is all about. Martin had no duty to flee what he perceived as an attacker, he had done nothing wrong. He can’t tell us what he felt, he can’t tell us if he saw Zimmerman’s gun and was fighting for his life. Martin was the victim. If a jury decides to their stamp of approval on Zimmerman killing Martin; so be it. As has been said many times, we don’t have a justice system; we have a legal system. Based on what I have seen and read justice would be a conviction. But that is simply my opinion and means nothing. If this goes to trial we all get to see what the jury sees. I will watch that with an open mind, but I still have an opinion, as does most everyone else.

• Like 2

Interesting to me how you know that. Have you uncovered new evidence?

"Z" got out of HIS TRUCK and pursued Martin. Martin "Stood his ground" and died for it! So many folks say "Z" was "standing his ground"...my question to you all is when did the "stand your ground" law, become a "pursue and confront" law?

"Z"man is in need of your dollars...he's panhandling again. All you folks that believe he is right...DON'T WAIT...DONATE!!!

I made my donation to the Martin Family to help bury their son!

Dave

That's what the media told you. Again, how do you know that he got out and pursued anyone?

My take away (granted I'm no Angela Lansbury) was that since he was clearly out of breath while on the phone with the operator while trying to stay in visual contact with Martin tells me that he was chasing unless he is just so fat and out of shape that he gets out of breath from just walking normally.

That's what the media told you. Again, how do you know that he got out and pursued anyone?

Because HE, "Z"man said so, and the 911 operator told him NOT TO....but he did it anyways!

Isn't that kinda sorta like a confession?

Because HE, "Z"man said so, and the 911 operator told him NOT TO....but he did it anyways!

At no time did Trayvon approach "Z"man's truck, yank him out by his head and start whoop'n his a**!!! Z-man left his truck in pursuit of TM. And got his a** whooped for it!

"Z" had to shoot then....because that Teen layed him out and Z-man knew he done bit off more than he could chew!

Edited by wd-40

I can tell that some of you guys are just a little too emotional about this based on your punctuation and syntax. That tells me that you have lost the ability to see this objectively. If I didn't know better, I'd think you actually want Zimmerman to get a life sentence at the very least.

• Like 1

This is incorrect. They asked if he was following, he said yes, 911 said "we don't need you to do that". That IS what they said. That is NOT the same as an order instructing you not to do so...but even if it was, you don't have to do what 911 tells you. If three armed robbers are rapiing your child in the next room, 911 will tell you NOT to go in there and stop them.

When they said "we don't need you to do that", he said "ok", and according to his story, stopped pursuing. He went AWAY from Trayvon to the front of the houses so he could give the police the stree address...which the final shooting location support. When he did so, HE says Trayvon came out from between the houses at HIM! Yes, these are his words, BUT the locations described, compared with his original call and the final location, all agree. If he chased Trayvon, the event would have happend in a different location.

That simply isn’t true. The Police investigators asked for an arrest warrant from the beginning. The DA chose not to pursue that. A group of citizens got upset because he didn’t do his job; the Governor sat him on the sidelines and put someone else in. If the fact that the group of citizens was black, makes it a race issue for some people; so be it. I don’t see this being a race issue. I don’t know why the DA didn’t pursue an arrest warrant. I would be curious to know how many times the Police have asked for an arrest warrant in a homicide case and the DA refused.

You are backing up what I said...they were not going to prosecute until Sharpton got involved. The group of citizens that got upset where not making progress until Sharpton got involved.

None of this has anything to do with race with me. As I said, I am open to new evidence, but from what we have seen so far, it looks like Trayvon jumped Zimmerman....and he had a right to if he felt threatened...just as "Z" had the right to defend himself.

As for Z being out of breath, it has been stated somewhere that it wan't him breathing heavily, but rather the wind as there was a storm going on. Maybe that was just his statement, or maybe he said it on the 911 tape, which I think he did.

At no time did Trayvon approach "Z"man's truck, yank him out by his head and start whoop'n his a**!!! Z-man left his truck in pursuit of TM. And got his a** whooped for it!

"Z" had to shoot then....because that Teen layed him out and Z-man knew he done bit off more than he could chew!

Ok, so to you, getting out of your truck in your gated community equals pursuit. I see why you are confused. Not flaming...I just understand the disconnect.

If he walks in a different direction than Trayvon...is it still pursuit? I don't think you have ever looked a map of the area.

This is incorrect. They asked if he was following, he said yes, 911 said "we don't need you to do that". That IS what they said. That is NOT the same as an order instructing you not to do so...but even if it was, you don't have to do what 911 tells you. If three armed robbers are rapiing your child in the next room, 911 will tell you NOT to go in there and stop them.

When they said "we don't need you to do that", he said "ok", and according to his story, stopped pursuing. He went AWAY from Trayvon to the front of the houses so he could give the police the stree address...which the final shooting location support. When he did so, HE says Trayvon came out from between the houses at HIM! Yes, these are his words, BUT the locations described, compared with his original call and the final location, all agree. If he chased Trayvon, the event would have happend in a different location.

You are backing up what I said...they were not going to prosecute until Sharpton got involved. The group of citizens that got upset where not making progress until Sharpton got involved.

None of this has anything to do with race with me. As I said, I am open to new evidence, but from what we have seen so far, it looks like Trayvon jumped Zimmerman....and he had a right to if he felt threatened...just as "Z" had the right to defend himself.

As for Z being out of breath, it has been stated somewhere that it wan't him breathing heavily, but rather the wind as there was a storm going on. Maybe that was just his statement, or maybe he said it on the 911 tape, which I think he did.

Yes you are right...they said"we don't need you to that (not to?) (maybe)...but he did right? Either way, he got his *** beat!

Ok, so to you, getting out of your truck in your gated community equals pursuit. I see why you are confused. Not flaming...I just understand the disconnect.

If he walks in a different direction than Trayvon...is it still pursuit? I don't think you have ever looked a map of the area.

No "disconnect" here my friend. If I get out of my truck, come after/toward/in your direction/looking for you...is that not pursuit?

"Pursuit"....

1. The following of another in an attempt to overtake and capture: chase, hot pursuit. Seeseek/avoid.
  2. An attempting to accomplish or attain: pursuing, quest, search. See seek/avoid.
  3. Activity pursued as a livelihood: art, business, calling, career, craft, employment, job, line, métier, occupation, profession, trade, vocation, work. Slang racket. Archaic employ. See action/inaction.
  4. A working at a profession or occupation: practice. See do/not do, work/play.

Well anyways....Z-man has a whole world of problems right now. I wish him the best! Glad it ain't me!

What does that have to do with anything? No one is disputing that...well, the media was for a while...but even they acknowledge it now.

He had to shoot. He bit off more than he could chew. That's just my opinion is all. Hindsight is 20/20 as we all know. Z-man made some decisions that I personally would not have made if I were in his shoes. He has to pay the price now (well, actually he's asking us to pay). The best thing Z-man can do right now is keep his mouth shut to the media/prosecutor.

Just my opinion is all...I think Z-man is guilty! That whole situation was in his hands!

Good honest debate is healthy....

Dave

Ok, again, we're disagreeing on the pursuit part. According to Z, and at least some circumstantial evidence, Trayvon continued in his direction, and Z went in another to get the address for 911 while he was on the phone with them. So if that is true, there was no pursuit. We won't know until the trial, and may not know even then since it will be one's word against another's, and the "another's" won't be heard. If he DID go after him, then that is a whole other ballgame.

Better to be jugded by 12 than carried by 6.

Guest Lester Weevils

He had to shoot. He bit off more than he could chew. That's just my opinion is all. Hindsight is 20/20 as we all know. Z-man made some decisions that I personally would not have made if I were in his shoes. He has to pay the price now (well, actually he's asking us to pay).

Thanks WD40

Not trying to prove any point-- Just trying to figger it out-- Though "game changer" info could come out and change everything-- I see it similar to your view. The initial part of the encounter was probably caused by Z's questionable judgement. Had Z stayed in the truck then in order to get shot, M would have had to walk up to the truck and snatch Z out.

Dunno enough to root for either a guilty or innocent verdict. Some folks armchair quarterback "from the beginning" seeing Z at fault for getting out of the truck. Others armchair quarterback "after the fight started" seeing Z innocent with a righteous self-defense shoot. Dunno law. As you say, Z most likely had to shoot to save his own life after the beat-down started. If the beat-down had been the only part of the story that night, "out of the blue", sounds like a justified shoot.

Assigning fault from the beginning of the episode-- If it was stupidity rather than malice that earned Z a beat-down-- What crime to charge? "Criminally stupid" ain't a law. Maybe murder 2 is the best one, dunno. Murder 2 seems kinda harsh for "criminally stupid". Wondered about reckless endangerment-- He should have known better? On the other hand Z didn't know better. Z even told Hannity that he would do it again the same. Ain't my place to judge but that sounds like a slow learner. Which yet again boils down to "criminally stupid"?

Where do we draw the line charging murder 2 for criminally stupid? For instance, if a fella withdraws $500 from an ATM, 2 in the morning on the worst street in the worst part of town. Definitely even more stupid than what Z did. If the ATM guy has to shoot a mugger-- Can we charge the ATM guy with murder 2 for being so stupid? If the ATM guy hadn't been so stupid then he wouldn't have had to shoot the mugger, and therefore it is murder 2? That doesn't sound right.

Edited by Lester Weevils

Thanks WD40

Not trying to prove any point-- Just trying to figger it out-- Though "game changer" info could come out and change everything-- I see it similar to your view. The initial part of the encounter was probably caused by Z's questionable judgement. Had Z stayed in the truck then in order to get shot, M would have had to walk up to the truck and snatch Z out.

Dunno enough to root for either a guilty or innocent verdict. Some folks armchair quarterback "from the beginning" seeing Z at fault for getting out of the truck. Others armchair quarterback "after the fight started" seeing Z innocent with a righteous self-defense shoot. Dunno law. As you say, Z most likely had to shoot to save his own life after the beat-down started. If the beat-down had been the only part of the story that night, "out of the blue", sounds like a justified shoot.

Assigning fault from the beginning of the episode-- If it was stupidity rather than malice that earned Z a beat-down-- What crime to charge? "Criminally stupid" ain't a law. Maybe murder 2 is the best one, dunno. Murder 2 seems kinda harsh for "criminally stupid". Wondered about reckless endangerment-- He should have known better? On the other hand Z didn't know better. Z even told Hannity that he would do it again the same. Ain't my place to judge but that sounds like a slow learner. Which yet again boils down to "criminally stupid"?

Where do we draw the line charging murder 2 for criminally stupid? For instance, if a fella withdraws $500 from an ATM, 2 in the morning on the worst street in the worst part of town. Probably even more stupid than what Z did. If the ATM guy has to shoot a mugger-- Can we charge the ATM guy with murder 2 for being so stupid? If the ATM guy hadn't been so stupid then he wouldn't have had to shoot the mugger, and therefore it is murder 2? That doesn't sound right.

I have to agree with you on murder 2 being harsh.They must know something we don't.

Dave

"Z" got out of HIS TRUCK and pursued Martin. Martin "Stood his ground" and died for it! So many folks say "Z" was "standing his ground"...my question to you all is when did the "stand your ground" law, become a "pursue and confront" law?

"Z"man is in need of your dollars...he's panhandling again. All you folks that believe he is right...DON'T WAIT...DONATE!!!

I made my donation to the Martin Family to help bury their son!

Dave

The Martin's have multiple lawyers and have copyrighted his name. They don't need your help.

Has new evidence come out that I missed? Didn't Zimmerman stop pursuing Martin and turn to walk back to his truck? Didn't Martin them pursue Zimmerman and jump him? As a neighborhood watch leader, Zimmerman was doing what he volunteered to do--watching strangers in his neighborhood, yet he's the bad guy? I'm confused more about who the real victim is. Martin could have left the scene and he'd be alive today.

Has new evidence come out that I missed? Didn't Zimmerman stop pursuing Martin and turn to walk back to his truck? Didn't Martin them pursue Zimmerman and jump him? As a neighborhood watch leader, Zimmerman was doing what he volunteered to do--watching strangers in his neighborhood, yet he's the bad guy? I'm confused more about who the real victim is. Martin could have left the scene and he'd be alive today.

And somehow Zimmerman couldn't?