Nikon Scope question

I'm looking at buying a nikon M223 4-16X42 for a long range AR I'm building but I have a dilema. I HATE the BDC reticles because they never match up like they're supposed to and I will be shooting 69 and 77gr bullets which don't match that reticle and I don't like the turret that is dialed in for the 55 gr bullet out to 600 yards. So what I wondering is if any of you guys know if I can get the scope with the standard reticle and standard turret so I can just make my own adjustments. Also if anybody has a scope suggestion that is like the nikon let me know I'm just looking to get out to about 500-600 yards and want the exposed tactical turrets.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Nikon website, I'm thinking there is a computer program that you can run for your stuff and it makes a little card for the M223 so that the BDC reticle does match up with what you're using. It won't be even numbers like 100 yards, 200 yards, etc.

I went with a Leupold Mark AR scope. It has a standard reticule. It comes with a turret for 55 grain 3100fps. But you can call Leupold Custom Shop and they can make a turret for you specific load for not to much. They can also supply a blank and you can make your own.

Guest bman940

CM, Using NIkon's Spot On Ballistic Program really does increase your accuracy considerably. Enter your ammo,scope and cal and get exact distances for your specific shooting needs.

On the other and, if you are not a BDC fan, you can get a MONARCH 4-16 and then custom turrets using your specific load data. Simply dial the distance you are going to be shooting.

Drop me a note if I can answer any more question's for you.

Bart

Nikon Pro Staff

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/7.jpg

Guest bman940

Smith, Spot On can even help you with your Nikoplex reticle by giving you clicks for different distances compared to the ammo you are using.

Definitely something for everyone.