Modern Gun Belts?

Guest vca2004

Guest vca2004

Are there any modern womens gun belt available anywhere?

I don't want a belt that looks like a man's belt, don't want a tooled "cowboy" belt (just doesn't go with the way I dress), no hot pink belts or zebra-striped belts. I wear modern jeans with all the crazy embellishments on them and need something that will go with my normal clothing. I've searched and searched online but only came up with the kinds described above.

How good are those nylon gun belts? Are they as good as leather gun belts?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

If you're looking for an honest-to-goodness gun belt, the Ares Gear Ranger Belt is the best belt made. Period. For a woman, they've got a new "lite" version that I bet would fit the bill pretty well. They offer contrasting colors on the 1" webbing used for the buckle. I bet if you asked, Jake would be more than willing to sew in something more feminine if straight black won't do you.

http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=93&zenid=g1ht106j1edi0uhn8hajmvvq66

I'm serious about it being the best made belt today. I have no doubt they could bury me in mine, and were an archeologist to dig my corpse up in 10,000 years, he could dust it off and put it back into service.

If you're looking for an honest-to-goodness gun belt, the Ares Gear Ranger Belt is the best belt made. Period. For a woman, they've got a new "lite" version that I bet would fit the bill pretty well. They offer contrasting colors on the 1" webbing used for the buckle. I bet if you asked, Jake would be more than willing to sew in something more feminine if straight black won't do you.

http://www.aresgear....i0uhn8hajmvvq66

I'm serious about it being the best made belt today. I have no doubt they could bury me in mine, and were an archeologist to dig my corpse up in 10,000 years, he could dust it off and put it back into service.

I just ordered one of these. Just have to wait 4 to 5 weeks to get it!

Guest vca2004

Thank you all for your tips. It's still not really what I am looking for, but maybe a plain double wide, black belt with white stitching will do. If I could switch that buckle up... I've had a western belt for reining (rode horses growing up) that had snap buttons to exchange belt buckles.

Anybody know where I can find a gun belt like that?

Beltman's belts have "chicago" screws holding the buckle on. They're easy to remove.

The nylon belts work fine for some people. I think it depends on how tight your belt normally is. I don't like my belt real tight, so the extra stiffness of the double layer leather helps. Seems like it would be pretty easy to add embellishments to a plain leather gun belt so it suits your style.

Guest vca2004

Most of those in the links above don't look much different than a "real" gun belt to my (male fashion sensed) eye. At $65, a "real" gun belt isn't that much more expensive. I've been wearing the same Beltman belt daily for about 7 years (though I forgot to put it on this morning :eek: ). It hasn't lost any appreciable stiffness in that time. http://thebeltman.net/

Edited by peejman
Guest vca2004

Most of those in the links above don't look much different than a "real" gun belt to my (male fashion sensed) eye.

Exactly, they are not supposed to look like I am clearly wearing a (gun) belt that looks very weird on me. I do know that I have to make sure whatever belt I buy has to be doubled up leather and fairly stiff (at least for the clips I chose on the IWB holster I got). I understand that those regular gun belts look great for the guys, but not so much for the girls (at least not for me ;o)). Hey, we all have a slightly different "fashion" sense. Just trying to find the solution that's most comfortable for me. I'd venture to say most women would prefer to wear a good looking, feminine outfit AND carry concealed.

I hear the numbers for female carry have increased dramatically in recent years, there really is a market gap. No offense, those belts look great for guys!

I think it really depends on what you mean by a "gun belt." To a guy I guess any heavy leather belt can function as a gun belt, then again any belt can be a gun belt with a gun on it. You might be better off just starting by looking at a belt that matches what you wear and then try and find a much stronger, stiffer version of it.

• Admin Team

Someone like David Bullard would probably be happy to make a slimmer belt (maybe 1"), but add a kydex or nylon stiffener between the layers to make up for the lack of width. A double layer belt is pretty much a necessity in a leather belt if it's really going to do its job.

Guest vca2004

gjohnsoniv and MacGyver: You're right, whatever I'll find probably should be double layers and pretty stiff. A sandwich layer of kyex sounds interesting, too.

R1100R: Do they have a website by any chance?

I carry my pistol in a regular OWB holster my husband made me out of Ostrich leather. I use a belt that is elastic but really stiff .. kinda.. Got it at Kohl`s and is prolly not something you looking for. But it works for me. And its elastic and webbed..so I can make it as snug or lose as I see fit without having to put 400 holes in it.

I've had a K&D Custom Gunleather belt for several years that I wear every day and I love it. It's just plain black leather but I think it looks great and it's held up wonderfully, even with all the abuse I've put it through. Since it's put together with Chicago screws, you could easily change the buckle to whatever style you'd like. I think a 1.25" would look nice and work well with any kind of womens jeans. I realize you're probably looking for something a little more stylish, but black leather goes with anything! ;)