Shooting at Denver theater during new Batman movie.

RIP for the dead, prayers for the injured. Hate to point this out but anti gun laws or gunbusters could not have stopped this. We all know it. The guy kicked in the emergency exit to enter it sounds like. Had about 3 guns, bulletproof(resistance) vest. He/She was there by no accident. I am going to work, I know there is going to be horrible spin on this by the time I leave work. Will probably have someone telling us he/she was a good kid.

If there is something good at least the shooter is in custody. I was so afraid he turned the gun on himself.

Reports are that the shooter was throwing explosives into the crowd right before he opened fire. He had a gas mask, wore a bulletproof best and was prepared.

My hope is the shooter is not American. At least us gun owners can point a finger and say he isn't part of us. If not the antis are going to lump the shooter in with the rest of us.

Dolomite

This is horrible. I'm always armed in the movie theater but I don't know how much good it would have done in this situation. If smoke is everywhere I'm going to hit the floor and keep my eyes open for the shooter.

It's strange that the guy went down without a fight, why bother with a vest?

They're saying 1 shooter now.

My first thought was psycho kid. Second thought was Ramadan.

Tragic all around. Praying.

My first thought was how conveniently timed this is with the UN ATT.

This is the kinda thing we dont need right now ....

But it's exactly the thing the ant-gun nuts need. They'll be there dancing in the blood today.

I'm sorry to sound like I'm politicizing this tragedy. I'm sending prayers to the wounded and the families of the dead.

Will

Guest Revelator

Gun control supporters will certainly use this as a case to make tougher laws, but let's face it, this country sees about one double-digit fatality random shooting a year and the laws haven't gotten any tougher. Gun owners are winning the legislative battle. I don't expect this to be any different.

I don't like it when the shooter is taken into custody. Turns the whole thing into a circus and drags it out for years. This'll cost the state of Colorado millions of dollars.

Guest TnRebel

po-po said he was a resident of Col. for at least a year and the death total is 12 dead 10 at the movie and two at hosp

and they are calling the rifle as an assault stile semi-auto rifle .a shot gun and two hand guns .

Guest PapaB

Prayers for the families of the victims. This is another reminder that you never know when or where some whacko will go off. Stay vigilant wherever you go and whatever you do.

Wonder if that was military issue smoke or gas he had, I personally don't know anywhere to buy that. I hope he's not an ex-vet that snapped. Murdering innocent people who did you no wrong is evil enough but killing a baby has that bit of extra evil to it.

There's no doubt the anti's will exploit this to their political advantage, they don't care about the victims and their families, just their political agenda, they have no shame.

My prayers go out to the victims and their families. I can't begin to imagine the grief, fear, confusion, and anger they must be battling with right now.

While I wish nothing but ill for the spineless coward that committed this evil act, I'm glad he's alive, so he can answer questions and be made an example of. However, I do resent the fact that this will cost the taxpayers millions of dollars.

I'm not looking forward to the spin that media and the left will put on this, especially right before the election. This is NOT the kind of fuel that I want them to have right now.

makes me sick. I watched a cell phone video on Fox News from outside the theater. Its truely saddening to see those young poeple so terrified, running for their lives. most of the patrons were reported to be between 15-25. I always am armed, but like Eric said, im not sure you could have saved anyone with the manner of his planned and focused attack.