Shooting at Denver theater during new Batman movie.

"The number of casualties makes the incident the largest mass shooting in U.S. history."

http://gma.yahoo.com/colorado-batman-movie-shooting-suspect-phd-student-085940589--abc-news-topstories.html

When I read that I also thought of Virginia Tech and Columbine. Whether it is or not, it's still terrible. The ripples of this event will reach us all. New York already increased security. France cancelled the showing of Batman for the time being.

"The number of casualties makes the incident the largest mass shooting in U.S. history."

http://gma.yahoo.com...topstories.html

When I read that I also thought of Virginia Tech and Columbine. Whether it is or not, it's still terrible. The ripples of this event will reach us all. New York already increased security. France cancelled the showing of Batman for the time being.

:panic: :panic: :panic:

I read he told the police he was the Joker, now they just said he is being booked into a jail and he isnt coorperating with the police.

small coincidence his father arrived in Aurora and he has a lawyer now.

Guest Lester Weevils

Newt and Jesse Jackson are going to appear on CNN, to give their views on what politicians can/should do on gun control!

Those two should get together with O'Reilly, Maher and Obama for a panel discussion on what can be done on pompous know-it-all control.

Just heard Michael Savage railing about drum mags. "Why should anyone be allowed to have a drum mag" he said. And he calls himself a libertarian.

Glenn

Savage is an idiot. Always has been. Always will be. And he is no Libertarian. He's a talking head spewing ignorance.

Edited by Moped
  • Like 2

Ramjo, I too found it interesting he has all the "evil guns" categories covered. Ar15, 12 gauge, and Glock.

OS, Agree with the small relief he's not an HCP.

Sad situation, prayers for the injured and all families. As I've already said to family: It wasn't the guns, it wasn't the movies, it was the individual.

• Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

phil valentine 99.7wtn show talking about how the theater chain posting gun free zone invites criminals

Any public places that prohibite HCP'S are inviting criminals. Criminals will always have guns. The liberals don't want you to be able to defend yourself.

Edited by ThePunisher

If someone had tried to interfere, I believe the media would prefer to hear that it be some gangbanger with an illegally owned Jimenez .25 acp shot back (missing with all 6 rounds of course) than for an HCP-holder to have fired one/two well-placed shots, stopping the bad guy.

Edited by BigK

The media is driving me nuts. I have owned AR 15 and AK sporting rifles and shotguns and high powered rifles and have never went on a killing spree. Unless you count squirrel hunting. On Huckabee radio show he stated only 1% of violent crimes involve a firearm. You would think we were in Nam to hear the media tell it. Rant done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

This is all so predictable. Reaction from the 7:00 PM MST Presser:

OMG! He bought ammo on-line!

OMG! He bought magazines on-line!

OMG! He bought a 100rd drum magazine on-line!

Anyone want to wager on what the first new legislation that will be proposed from this will address?

Guest MTBryan

This is so upsetting on so many levels. For one, I am from Denver and had my kids in daycare near Columbine that dreadful day.

But what I can't get past here is that the police are patting themselves on the back for such a quick response. Yet all of the horror happened before anyone even called 911.

Meanwhile, the idiot politicians will turn this into a gun control issue, which we all know reduces our rights even more for self defense in these instances.

Short of having well armed police at every theater and place of gathering to protect us at all times, which will never happen, we law abiding folks are stuck with three choices:

1) Be part of the sheep crowd

2) Be a criminal by carrying where posted in spite of our good intentions

3) Stay away from businesses that support the helpless sheep goal

But as our rights are slowly eliminated, option 2 becomes the only choice.

Guest ThePunisher

Why does anyone still watch and read MSM when all they do is insult your intelligence, party affiliation and religion if you are not a liberal commie democrat sheeple. According to them its the Tea Party's fault, and all rifles are assualt rifles. The 9/11 terroists didn't knock down the Trade Center Towers with guns. Timothy McVeigh didn't kill all those innocent people with guns. For the MSM and Dumacrats, it's always the guns fault instead the psycho's fault. Guns don't kill, people kill. Have you ever thought of putting the hurt to the MSM by not ever watching and reading their propaganda. Have you ever thought of not voting for these liberal Dumacrats that want to outlaw guns, and eventually confiscate your guns.

Just saying.

Edited by ThePunisher

I cannot get this event off my mind. It is bothering me a lot more than previous events and I don't know why. I have anger that I don't know where to direct and I feel horrible for those involved.

One of the members on Glocktalk is a cop in Denver. He said the scene was absolutely horrible and chaotic and he experienced Texas post hurricane Katrina.