Shooting at Denver theater during new Batman movie.

I cannot get this event off my mind. It is bothering me a lot more than previous events and I don't know why. I have anger that I don't know where to direct and I feel horrible for those involved.

One of the members on Glocktalk is a cop in Denver. He said the scene was absolutely horrible and chaotic and he experienced Texas post hurricane Katrina.

Your feeling of disgust and anger only gets worse as you get older. I was a bit more carefree in my younger years but I seem to get more upset every passing day with what I see, read or hear about.

Dolomite

I cannot get this event off my mind. ...

Your feeling of disgust and anger only gets worse as you get older....

I think what gets me the most is that this guy wasn't even a "gun guy" at all; no screwed up mall Rambo, or PTSD addled ex GI or something.. Bought all of the stuff in last 6 months just to do this deed, or something like it.

And expresses just a totally murderous psychosis, without even one whit of far fetched logical retribution on a perceived foe, like employer, government, whatever. Seemingly no political, ideological, or religious motive, however twisted.

It just seems that psychological explanations don't always cut it -- though I'm not in the least religious, I don't necessarily disbelieve in possession by the rage of pure evil. I suspect as our society becomes ever more illogical, crowded, alienating and confusing, we perhaps foment that evil to a greater extent?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I would not be surprised if this is someone like Anders Behring Breivik. Who just wanted to do this out of his own twisted ideology. A copycat, maybe, even.

Don't think so. That was point of my post above.

Breivik, however twisted, had a "logical" reason for his rampage: nationalism, immigration, racism; and targeted victims within those contexts. It's detestable, but almost sane compared to whatever Holmes' "reason" for shooting up a bunch of random folks at a Batman movie while playing The Joker turns out to be.

- OS

I heard a expert on the radio explaining why no civilian should own a AR rifle. He ask "why do you need it"? He goes on " you can't hunt with it because any thing that you hit is gone....there is nothing left". I'm starting to see why you guys take exception with anti gun people.

I heard a expert on the radio explaining why no civilian should own a AR rifle. He ask "why do you need it"? He goes on " you can't hunt with it because any thing that you hit is gone....there is nothing left". I'm starting to see why you guys take exception with anti gun people.

I've heard so much stupidity today, it's worse than ever.

A NYPD "expert" said that hi cap mags are federally illegal, Chief Oates says "didn't know if the AR was full auto or semi-auto" (even though he knew it was bought at Gander Mountain), saying he was assured by experts that even if only semi-auto, could have shot 50-60 rounds in a minute with a drum mag (even I can double that), ,and everybody just amazed that a person could buy a bunch of ammo over the internet in "such a short period of time",. etc etc etc.

Gag me with a backhoe.

There were 90 traffic fatalities today. Like every day. Perspective.

- OS

• Like 3
Guest ThePunisher

I wonder how merciless the murder rate would be if people could not own guns legally anymore for self defense? This is definely an opportunity for the Libs, but it also should be a uniting time to support Romney. No matter what his record was in Mass., Romney and a conservative Congress are not going to assault the 2nd A. If Obummer gets 4 more years, you can bet the farm he will go all out assault on 2nd A. Those of you thinking of voting 3rd party, you are wasting your vote and ensuring re-election of the commie.

Liberals hate guns, big cars and trucks, truth, freedom and liberty. And anything that makes life easier and comfortable for the middle class.

Edited by ThePunisher

- OS

1% of violent crime is commited with a gun 75% of those are lethal.. they like to focus on the second part.

It's like saying they have found salmonella at every Walmart on the floor in a 75% concentration...

But only on 1% of the total floor.

42576c49-3d24-ba52.jpg

I've heard so much stupidity today, it's worse than ever.

A NYPD "expert" said that hi cap mags are federally illegal, Chief Oates says "didn't know if the AR was full auto or semi-auto" (even though he knew it was bought at Gander Mountain), saying he was assured by experts that even if only semi-auto, could have shot 50-60 rounds in a minute with a drum mag (even I can double that), ,and everybody just amazed that a person could buy a bunch of ammo over the internet in "such a short period of time",. etc etc etc.

Gag me with a backhoe.

- OS

I had a coworker tell me how crazy that he thought it was that a person could purchase ammo on the Internet. I didn't tell him that I had a large brown box arrive from Midway USA today.

• Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

I had a coworker tell me how crazy that he thought it was that a person could purchase ammo on the Internet. I didn't tell him that I had a large brown box arrive from Midway USA today.

My response to that coworker would be, "do you ever shop on the Internet for cheaper prices"?. "Why go to gun shops to pay more for ammo when you can buy cheaper on the Internet"?

Edited by ThePunisher

Interesting how stuff like this happens right around when any major gun legislation is in the works...cough cough the UN ATT. Sorry, alot of this doesn't make sense. Anyone who would do this would most likely be willing to take their own life or fight to the death, not get apprehended in the parking lot. Booby trap the apartment, gas canisters, ect. This thing stinks to high heaven of a staged attack. Soften up the public during a time when a few senators are on the fence about going with Obama on the ATT to get them on his side. 9/11 and suddently no one care's one bit about the treasonous patriot act because it wll keep us all safe. Now this right before the ATT vote. Just wait for the next couple weeks as the media deamonizes guns every single day...blah blah blah until they can get the ATT vote pushed through, then we are all screwed and we'll look back on this and wonder what happened. Sorry liberals you can't support any of what you preach with an ounce of evidence that less guns = more safety...quite the opposite.

How many people died in Chicago yesterday?

How many people died from car accidents yesterday?

How many people died of heart disease yesterday?

Bet the numbers in perspective will suprise you.

• Like 1

I'm honestly more afraid of what mass murderers would resort to without guns. If the reports are true about the explosives in his room, a back pack bomb would of been much more devastating. Id rather be shot at then blown up, done both at least being shot at you can shoot back.

Guest seawolf138

he was assured by experts that even if only semi-auto, could have shot 50-60 rounds in a minute with a drum mag (even I can double that)

I don't know anything about "bumpfire," but this video would seem to imply that kind of fire rate is easily achievable. That being said, I imagine accuracy would be a concern

Edit, forgot to post video LOL

Edited by seawolf138

I don't know anything about "bumpfire," but this video would seem to imply that kind of fire rate is easily achievable. That being said, I imagine accuracy would be a concern

[media=]

[/media]

Edit, forgot to post video LOL

I think what he was saying was that anyone can get a higher rate of fire on semi; just highlighting the ignorance of the talking heads.

I just watched a news report of talking heads where an "expert" said that AR15s were banned under the Brady Bill, and that this couldn't have happened it the legislation hadn't expired. Funny, I have a "Brady Bill" AR and an AK that were both purchased in the 90s with the bill in effect. It takes mags just fine, just doesn't look as mean. Once again, total ignorance.

Guest TankerHC

I can understand his point completely. My AR with 5.56 Nuclear tipped rounds makes everything disappear when I hit it. So, being as they are so dangerous, he shouldnt be allowed to own one.