Shooting at Denver theater during new Batman movie.

Guest Lester Weevils

Apologies if my rant offended anybody. These kind of things get the better of me, and I have been listening to the idiots at work go on about this all day.

Hi tswenka

I didn't see anything offensive about your rant. Am not saying you should have made it more offensive. Am not "minimizing your effort". It reads heartfelt and rational and gets the point across. Just that yours seemed to run on the mild side compared to some rants that pass thru these parts. :) Unless maybe it was dramatically more offensive before being edited.

Dunno if it is especially easy to personally offend when speaking "in abstract" of sheeple, moonbats or irresponsible people. Unless you name names, an average person won't take offense because he thinks you are talking about somebody else. Even the most cowardly dependent obsequious mindless toady of a bleating sheeple considers himself brilliant, educated, creative, independent, thrifty, strong-minded, immune to all brainwashing and a born leader capable of out-debating socrates. He knows he's not a sheeple and therefore not likely offended. Obviously you speak of other individuals who happen to be sheeple. Ferinstance I would never be offended because it couldn't be me you are speaking of! :)

Edited by Lester Weevils

...Ferinstance I would never be offended because it couldn't be me you are speaking of! :)

Big Bad John throws open the saloon door, screams, "All you lily-livered weak-kneed sons o' bitches clear out!"

Mad scramble ensues as 50 folks all vacate the premises. One old codger remains at one table with bottle of rye. Big Bad John approaches, says "Didn't you hear me, old man?"

Codger hands him the bottle, says, "Sure wuz a lot of them, eh?"

- OS

• Like 2

Your comment though did remind me of my friend's dad in nashville who was a detective who told us about the ol' phone book to the temple in the booking elevator trick.

My cousin was a St. Louis cop. Worked North City. It was pretty bad even when I was a young 'un. He had stories. They carried throw-downs in those days.

Guest Lester Weevils

Big Bad John throws open the saloon door, screams, "All you lily-livered weak-kneed sons o' bitches clear out!"

Mad scramble ensues as 50 folks all vacate the premises. One old codger remains at one table with bottle of rye. Big Bad John approaches, says "Didn't you hear me, old man?"

Codger hands him the bottle, says, "Sure wuz a lot of them, eh?"

- OS

Thanks OS that's funny. Hadn't heard that one.

Last week people are complaining about the police for being jack-booted thugs for confronting people who open carry in a restaurant, and this week people are complaining that the police didn't execute this guy and plant evidence to make an illegal shooting look justified. Nice.

And I won't even start on the conspiracy BS... This thread does not fail to deliver, that's for sure.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
Guest bkelm18

Last week people are complaining about the police for being jack-booted thugs for confronting people who open carry in a restaurant, and this week people are complaining that the police didn't execute this guy and plant evidence to make an illegal shooting look justified. Nice.

And I won't even start on the conspiracy BS... This thread does not fail to deliver, that's for sure.

So... you are comparing police harassment of lawful firearm carriers to the arrest of a terrorist? Yeah I can see how those are the same thing.

I'm honestly more afraid of what mass murderers would resort to without guns. If the reports are true about the explosives in his room, a back pack bomb would of been much more devastating. Id rather be shot at then blown up, done both at least being shot at you can shoot back.

I agree. I told a coworker the same thing. I would rather the attacker use guns rather than explosives.

I'm honestly more afraid of what mass murderers would resort to without guns. If the reports are true about the explosives in his room, a back pack bomb would of been much more devastating. Id rather be shot at then blown up, done both at least being shot at you can shoot back.

I agree. I told a coworker the same thing. I would rather the attacker use guns rather than explosives.

I thought I was the only one that had nutjob in-laws. Feels good to know I'm not alone.

Are there any other type of in-laws?

Of course they don't and they don't care about that. All they care about is creating the illusion that they are doing something to keep us "safe" so they can be re-elected.

There is nothing about not owning a gun that makes me feel safe.

So... you are comparing police harassment of lawful firearm carriers to the arrest of a terrorist? Yeah I can see how those are the same thing.

Yes I am. It's called ethics and the rule of law. Our legal system does not provide for the police to execute suspected criminals, and planting evidence is a crime. So it's ok for the police to ignore the law when you don't like the target, but think it's wrong when you do like the target of LEOs?

Until the guy is convicted in court, he's innocent. If he was no longer posing an immediate threat, deadly force is no longer authorized. Last time I checked, the Constitution protects all of us, even the worst of us. If you are willing to toss it aside for any single person, then it's not worth anything.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
  • Like 4
Guest ThePunisher

Yes I am. It's called ethics and the rule of law. Our legal system does not provide for the police to execute suspected criminals, and planting evidence is a crime. So it's ok for the police to ignore the law when you don't like the target, but think it's wrong when you do like the target of LEOs?

Until the guy is convicted in court, he's innocent. If he was no longer posing an immediate threat, deadly force is no longer authorized. Last time I checked, the Constitution protects all of us, even the worst of us. If you are willing to toss it aside for any single person, then it's not worth anything.

If Obummer gets re-elected, the Constitution is not going to protect any of us.

If Obummer gets re-elected, the Constitution is not going to protect any of us.

Probably the same thing if Romney wins. Maybe not at the same rate but still the same outcome. Hell, look at the Bush years and you can see a lot of infringements on our Constitutional rights during his presidency.

All they want is control. They control a substantial part of the population with government programs right now.

Dolomite

Guest ThePunisher

Probably the same thing if Romney wins. Maybe not at the same rate but still the same outcome. Hell, look at the Bush years and you can see a lot of infringements on our Constitutional rights during his presidency.

All they want is control. They control a substantial part of the population with government programs right now.

Dolomite

If this is the mindset of most people, then hell, it doesn't really matter about voting at all; our country has has already gone to hell, and no hope what so ever for us. I guess everybody might as well sit this one out, and forget about any other elections, because there won't be anymore.

Dolomite

I agree. I wish that people would stop thinking that any politician gives a crap about them or their rights.

• Like 3

If this is the mindset of most people, then hell, it doesn't really matter about voting at all; our country has has already gone to hell, and no hope what so ever for us. I guess everybody might as well sit this one out, and forget about any other elections, because there won't be anymore.

It has got to be very stressful being that intense ALL of the time.

Edited by LINKS2K

Just saying both sides have become so corrupt that it has become a choice of the lesser of two evils rather than who is the best for the job.

And neither would be my top choice.

Without a MAJOR upset in the way this country is run we ARE doomed for failure. And Romney, Obama, current congress or senate isn't going to change that.

Dolomite

Just saying both sides have become so corrupt that it has become a choice of the lesser of two evils rather than who is the best for the job.

And neither would be my top choice.

Without a MAJOR upset in the way this country is run we ARE doomed for failure. And Romney, Obama, current congress or senate isn't going to change that.

Dolomite

I know that it does not matter, but that's how I see things. Both choices suck and it's a shame to have to vote for one of them.

Edited by LINKS2K
Guest ThePunisher

It has got to be very stressful being that intense ALL of the time.

Not intense, but just passionate about my country. I still have hope for my great country, but if Obama gets 4 more years, i won't be so passionate anymore.

Intense is passionate, but I'm not stressed out. I just really love my country.

Edited by ThePunisher

Not intense, but just passionate about my country. I still have hope for my great country, but if Obama gets 4 more years, i won't be so passionate anymore.

Intense is passionate, but I'm not stressed out. I just really love my country.

Well said.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone