Shooting at Denver theater during new Batman movie.

Not intense, but just passionate about my country. I still have hope for my great country, but if Obama gets 4 more years, i won't be so passionate anymore.

Intense is passionate, but I'm not stressed out. I just really love my country.

Fair enough.

Guest ThePunisher

I know that it does not matter, but that's how I see things. Both choices suck and it's a shame to have to vote for one of them.

That's just the way the system is set up; not perfect but better than any other system. My choice didn't win either, but I'm not stupid to vote for a flat out self confirmed Marxist who is destroying America. Maybe in the end, the cumulative effects of dumbing down America has/will take its toll of crumbling America, but I believe America still has few good years left if everyone doesn't throw in the towel.

If this is the mindset of most people, then hell, it doesn't really matter about voting at all; our country has has already gone to hell, and no hope what so ever for us. I guess everybody might as well sit this one out, and forget about any other elections, because there won't be anymore.

We are left with two choices in any election. Just because I vote for one of them doesn't mean I believe he has our best interests at heart, nor should I be compelled to believe that. I'm picking a Douchebag over a Turd Sandwich. There is a great South Park episode that lays all this out very clearly. I don't like my choices, but I go with the lesser of two evils.

That doesn't mean that folks who think like me have the attitude like you're suggesting, of "sitting this one out". All elections are like this and anyone we put in the Oval Office is going to erode our rights. It started with the 2nd President and has occurred to varying degrees ever since. Just because I vote for Romney doesn't mean I have to accept that he is some kind of Messiah. He is just another career politician. You want a solution to put the two party corrupted system into check? Stop reelecting people. I hear all this whining about Paulbots and stuff, but as I see it they are people that are just tired of the two choices, and now are being lambasted simply for saying "enough". If I felt that enough of Americans could get together and reject their parties I'd be in the same boat, but alas, I have no faith that my fellow Americans can do that. They are too easily seduced by divisive issues and flock to party lines in order to hang on to what they got. Well folks, it's a compromise. We'll never get America back to the way it was 50 years ago. Accept it. The only way to get politicians back under our thumb is to stop reelecting them. It won't happen though so we all deserve exactly what we get. Varying degrees of government encroachment.

• Like 3

You want a solution to put the two party corrupted system into check? Stop reelecting people. I hear all this whining about Paulbots and stuff, but as I see it they are people that are just tired of the two choices, and now are being lambasted simply for saying "enough". If I felt that enough of Americans could get together and reject their parties I'd be in the same boat, but alas, I have no faith that my fellow Americans can do that. They are too easily seduced by divisive issues and flock to party lines in order to hang on to what they got. It won't happen though so we all deserve exactly what we get.

Yep. I welcome discomfort if it will change people's thinking and teach the politicians a lesson. I hate both parties equally.

• Like 1

Yep. I welcome discomfort if it will change people's thinking and teach the politicians a lesson. I hate both parties equally.

Exactly, me too. I think it's funny to see folks who are always suggesting using the 2A to "take back our government" when there is a much easier, less painful solution. I don't see how it is easier to accept an armed conflict over simply abandoning your party and not reelecting someone..... or, God forbid, having to elect a Democrat to oust a Republican that has gotten too comfy. The same attitude of capitulation to the two parties is what we have to blame for every right we lose or have slowly eroded. I'm committing myself to never reelect anyone until our country is back on track financially, because if we collapse the Constitution, gay marriage, abortion, green energy, 2A won't matter anymore. Romney gets 4 years to undivide our Congress. If he fails then I'll vote Democrat in 2016. We might have to go back in forth for a decade, but if we just didn't reelect anyone we'd see a dramatic change in who rises in the parties.

• Like 1

Got to go along with picking the lesser of two evils in this election or any election. All I really want out of this election is a conservative Supreme Court Justice. We have a better chance of that outcome, with the election of Romney, therefore I will vote for him. But IMO, the only thing I think either party cares about is themselves and retaining power for their party. What happens to this country is way down the list of importance for both of them. My feelings trickle on down to State and even local elections, now.

They would talk about gun banns soon as i get into guns and buy one.

I have been into guns for over 40 years and they have been talking about gun bans the whole time. I still have all the guns I can afford to buy and they are all legal. No one is going to take your gun; but stay vigilant.

• Like 1

So you dont think they will ever bann us from protecting ourself with guns?

Ever is a long time. We may someday have technology that would make guns obsolete. Ban us from having guns? Not in my lifetime. The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that you have the right to own a gun. It would require them to revisit that to change it; I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

You could see something like an assault weapons ban, or a high capacity magazine ban. Obama wants to ban all semi-auto’s; I don’t think could happen, but I think he will try in his second term.

Without an actually ruling on it the SCOTUS acknowledged that while you have a right to keep arms, it is a state right to decide when and where you will bear them. Many states are allowing more freedom to carry. As our economy continues to fail, the violent crime rate will continue to rise; many legislators recognize that and are acting accordingly.

But just so you know, we have way bigger problems than gun control. Your guns won’t be taken from you because if things continue the way they are going; you are going to need them and the government will want you to have them.

You could see something like an assault weapons ban, or a high capacity magazine ban. Obama wants to ban all semi-auto’s; I don’t think could happen, but I think he will try in his second term.

Obama may want to, but Romney already did.

Obama == Romey. They both suck.

Edited by sigmtnman
  • Like 3
Guest bkelm18

Obama may want to, but Romney already did.

Obama == Romey. They both suck.

Well we're gonna get one or the other. Just gotta brace ourselves.

I am truly sorry that this event happened. I feel for the people involved. I had an email in my inbox waiting on me this morning. First my reply to the email.

[copy and paste from my reply email]

Do you really believe that by taking guns away from citizens that it would solve this? If so, then you need a reality check. Do you really think that the thugs, gangstas, druggie thief home invasion type, murderers, criminals, bad boys and girls, and so on, will line up like law abiding citiens and turn in their guns? If you do, then you live in some kind of dream world. Do you think that having even stricter gun control laws will stop the mentioned from being able to get guns? I mean seriously think about it. THEY ARE CRIMINALS THAT BREAK THE LAWS FOR A LIVING!

Picture this. A United States free from guns. EXCEPT FOR THE CRIMINALS and the Police force.Now since the CRIMINALS have guns and are safe in the knowledge that ALL stores and homes are now unarmed what do you think will happen to the crime rate? What do you think will happen to the numbers of deadly home invasions? I'll give you three guesses and the first two do not count. CRIME WILL SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL. It has been show over and over and over again in other countries that the government decides to take away the law abiding citizens guns. They become victims on a much grander scale.

Sorry dude but I am totally against removing the 2nd. I live in an area where the police response is 20-30 minutes on a good day. I have druggie houses within easy walking distance. Druggies are going out of control kicking in peoples front doors and most of the time they are ARMED. Sorry dude, but I choose life for myself and my family. I will defend our home with deadly force if needed. I will not have my ability to do so removed from me. You do not use a butter knife in a gun fight, and that is what it sounds like you are trying to make me do.

I am truly sorry that events like what happened do happen. I feel for the families and cannot imagine what they must be going through. But events like that will really go out of control if you people get your way and strip LAW ABIDING CITIZENS of their RIGHT and ability to defend themselves.

RMY

[end copy and paste from my reply email]

Now for the email that prompted my reply.

[copy and paste of gotten email]

On 7/22/2012 7:16 AM, mort walco wrote:

Pleased sign this petition so we can attempt to prevent senseless murders and save many innocent lives. Enough BS about the 2nd Amendment. Assault weapons, Red Necks, Technonuts and irresponsible greedy gun and ammo manufacturers didn't exist when the amendment was passed.

The freedom, liberty and happiness of the victims, potential victims and their families is what we are talking about here. The irresponsible NRA thrives on the publicity some nut is given on nonstop reptitive unending socalled news on every TV station and newspaper for four days now. The IRA leadership, war mongers, gun manufacturers and sellers involved in events of gun violence should be charged as accessoriies after the fact to mass murder.

Mort Walco

----- Forwarded Message -----

"Dan Gross, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence"

To:

Sent:
Friday, July 20, 2012 5:40 PM

Subject:
Colorado Shooting: Take Action Now

If this email does not display correctly, click here to open it in your browser.

email-header.jpg

Dear Mr. Walco,

When I heard the news this morning, first I felt tremendous sadness for the victims’ families. But then I felt enormous anger. Anger because once again America’s horrendous gun laws have robbed Americans of our basic freedom – the right to live in safety.

It's time to tell our elected lawmakers – Expressions of sympathy are not enough: We demand action!;

Add your voice now!

Sign our petition to Congress!

Then forward it, forward it, forward it!

I urge all Brady Campaign members to sign this petition and send it to everyone they know to sign, too.

Easy availability of guns is now a national crisis that MUST be addressed.

When it is no longer safe to take our children to see a movie or send them to the store for a pack of Skittles, it is beyond time for America to stand up and demand Congress take action.

Please act today. Sign our petition then get out there and get more signatures. With one voice, we will be heard.

dan-gross-sig-image.jpgSincerely,

dan_gross_sig-first.gif

Dan Gross, President

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

[end copy and paste of gotten email]

Stupid people... ***sigh***

We have not been a gun owning family for all that long. But it was fear that finally opened our eyes. With all the druggies going nuts, and with the home invasions sky rocketing, and with the event of a deadly home invasion right up the road from us... both the wife and I decided that it was time to end our stance on no guns in the home. When we finally see the truth and the facts something like this comes along?

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
Remove live links to the Brady Campaign and remove personal information

They talk about gun bans every time there's a shooting. It's mostly hot air from the same folks every time.

Well, we knew that if Obama gets reelected he'll devise some kinda Brady Bill assault. This event will be the battle cry right here. Probably another bill to restrict those angry looking flash suppressors and prevent all those drive by bayonetings that were going on in the 80s. Wait, wasn't Brady shot with a revolver?

Reading on the Knoxville News Sentinel Website, that the rifle jammed and Holmes had to switch to another weapon. They didn't say which, but I bet it was the shotgun. I read in another account that a woman and her child escaped, when he stopped to reload. It makes sense that he switched to the shotgun. Of course, the "Evil Assault Rifle" with it's hi-cap drum magazine will be the real bug-a-boo! The drum was probably what caused the jam in the first place.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/jul/22/ap-source-rifle-in-colo-theater-shooting-jammed/

I have been into guns for over 40 years and they have been talking about gun bans the whole time. I still have all the guns I can afford to buy and they are all legal. No one is going to take your gun; but stay vigilant.

Not one of my big concerns either.

I would bet that if someone were to research? The perp (a grad student) was probably getting Fed student loans / grants. Most of those have allotments for living expenses, purchases therefore were probably goverment funded.

Just a twist

I heard last night that he had received a Government Research Grant.

Even with the Assault Weapons Ban, an incredibly stupid moment in our history, there was no confiscation. The most rabid gungrabbers don't realize that the government is never going to be able to take expensive property away from a huge chunk of the population, and they certainly can't afford to buy them.

If there is another ban, everything will be grandfathered in place. AR-15's, high cap mags, etc. are common as mud, and will be forever. If they want a gun free utopia, they're just gonna have to move. I suggest France.

guns are used in these types of crimes because it is the most readily available tool suited for the task.

Ban guns, remove every gun from the face of the earth then some other tool will be the best available tool for killing.

Banning guns is not going to stop or solve anything.

• Like 1

guns are used in these types of crimes because it is the most readily available tool suited for the task.

Ban guns, remove every gun from the face of the earth then some other tool will be the best available tool for killing.

Banning guns is not going to stop or solve anything.

This. Anything can be used as a weapon. This guy could have built a bomb and taken out the entire theater, he was definitely capable of it.