Glock rusted!

Caster

Yes, and those who carry M&Ps, have even better morals. I use to carry a 1911 then I progressed through Glocks and on to M&Ps. Now I am on top of the mountain.

I also hear those who carry M&P's are better looking to and surrounded by all the young ladies. I carry a 1911 so I don't know about that.

Dolomite

I also hear those who carry M&P's are better looking to and surrounded by all the young ladies. I carry a 1911 so I don't know about that.

Dolomite

You have heard correctly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

If you decide to dispose of that glock please contact me I have the disposal container for it. It is aptly named S.A.F.E. some say it means safe action fires everytime. I will continually check the disposal process by removing it from the S.A.F.E. and inserting it into the monitor called "h.o.l.s.t.e.r." no one has figured out that acronym but it does work well. :)

I swap between carrying a 1911 and a glock wonder what that makes me.

I'm flabbergasted. Have a G19 that I bought when i turned 21. I actually bought 2 identicals (except serial numbers) so I had to fill out an extra ATF form, believe there was a 3 day waiting period back then. Anyways I'm 38 now and back then gunshows were cluttered with pallets of cheap corrosive 9mm. I've estimated over 5000 rounds of corrosive ammo passed through my G19. Even though I own a Crossbreed Supertuck I usually carry it just like always have. Chamber empty, 4'o'clock on my strongside hip. I'm a skinny narrow hipped whiteboy who sweats in the winter. One of the G19's was never cleaned during this "cheap Chinese ammo" period of my life. The other I cleaned religiously with Hoppes #9 every time as soon as I returned home. The cleaned Glock still hangs with me almost every night and is the only gun I'll have on me now when I work around the house. No rust anywhere. Ever. Kel-tec P32 rusted pretty much everywhere after one summer mow. Kahr CW9 rusted on mag release after one mow. I have seen Glocks with metal sights that had the rust spread from the sights to the slide. I'm very curious what kind of ammo was in the chamber and which gen Glock you have. I apologize if you've already stated that but I have a beer in one hand and my phone flat on the bartable in front of me. Took me 2 beers to type this;)

I think the amount a person sweats has a lot to do with it. My gun gets wiped down with oil and nothing more. And that isn't very often in all actuality. I have had a single grip screw get a little Rudy but that was because they wee new and didn't get oiled.

Dolomite

Yes, this is a case of quantity. It's not that I'm Mr. Acid Sweat. I LITERALLY take my shirt off every 30-45 minutes and wring a stream of sweat out of it. I use two tshirts a day. I hang one from the ceiling fan to dry while I wear the other. Often times though I don't have time to come in and change. Here lately I have to change my underwear and shorts I am LITERALLY as wet as I would be had I dove off in the creek. I drink in excess of 2.5 gallons of fluid a day.

Yeah, if I hadn't made it clear to everyone, I have taken my pistol from it's holster on occasion and seen sweat running down the slide.

THIS is the reason I wipe it off at night and break it down every week. I missed a week....never again!

I don't believe a few drops of sweat would have any affect on it at all.

Yes, this is a case of quantity. It's not that I'm Mr. Acid Sweat. I LITERALLY take my shirt off every 30-45 minutes and wring a stream of sweat out of it. I use two tshirts a day. I hang one from the ceiling fan to dry while I wear the other. Often times though I don't have time to come in and change. Here lately I have to change my underwear and shorts I am LITERALLY as wet as I would be had I dove off in the creek. I drink in excess of 2.5 gallons of fluid a day.

This is just another affirmation that I am as lazy as I think I am.

I am going to say that quantity of sweat would def do the trick. It's going to make me more vigilant in wiping down my carry guns after I notice sweat on them.

Also i will never buy a used holster from you caster lol.

Guest BungieCord

Caster, maybe you was jipped and it's really a Chinese knock-off. Look again at the roll marks and see if it says GLOCK ...or GROCK.

Is has been reported that the new duller finish glocks have had some rust problems.

They seemed to switch the finish on them back around the time the Gen4 came out and maybe before that.

Last I heard they were back to the older Shinier finish on the slides and the duller finish still on the barrels.

The duller finish has reported to wear better and last longer on the barrels. As the older shiny barrels had wear on them in ~250 rounds or so.

I have seen a dull finish barrel, but have yet to see a dull finish slide on a new Glock. Haven't really hard though.

Although some have claimed to have them and that is the ones that seemed to have the rust issues.

I seen one old G17 with just a hint of rust on it. But it was well worn and looked like it had been left

in a barn for years. It was in a Pawn and I just had to look at it to see if it was really rust. It was I was kind of shocked...hahaa

Edited by TnShooter83

Dolomite

You're probably bald too, aren't you. LOL I'm old but I'm not ancient and not opposed to new and better technology. While I like 1911s, I don't like the government size. I prefer the commander and officer size platforms for CC and the officer size just isn't as reliable. The M&P Compacts are very reliable. Pretty guns that don't always work are probably more dangerous to me than the BG and that's not a good thing.

Now back to the subject at hand. Glocks rusting. I met a Sherrifs Deputy who lives around Mobile and he showed me his G27. It had much of it's finish gone and he said he was going to get it cerrokoted. He said a lot of the officers down there do that due to the salty environment. He said the Glock finish just doesn't hold up down there. The M&P has a stainless slide with a melonite finish but it can still rust. Let's face it fellas, the last water proof gun you had was a water pistol.

If you decide to dispose of that glock please contact me I have the disposal container for it. It is aptly named S.A.F.E. some say it means safe action fires everytime. I will continually check the disposal process by removing it from the S.A.F.E. and inserting it into the monitor called "h.o.l.s.t.e.r." no one has figured out that acronym but it does work well. :)

I swap between carrying a 1911 and a glock wonder what that makes me.

A very confused puppy!

A Nazi wannabee. LOL

Umm no. This design is a lot older than nazi filth. Besides, nazi wannabe is redundant. The nazis were wannabes themselves. That's why so much archeological finds of the time were defaced in an effort to support the lie that aryans have always been the "superior" race.

This is a Chinese copy of a WWI era design.

What gen Glock is it? I believe I have the same job you do and my EDC is a 2nd gen 19. Haven't noticed any rust/corrosion on it. Haven't cleaned or even wiped it down in about 2 weeks. Could it be the NB slide that is allowing this happen?

Edited by Superman

Better is a definition left up to the individual. What is better to me my not be better to another. Kind of like morals. And we all know those who carry 1911's have good morals :)

Dolomite

and good intelligence.