"Mark read" suggestion

Guest Boomhower

Guest Boomhower

Here's what gave me the idea. When you go to the "Forums Index" section, you can double click on the red and blue Tennessee bullet hole image to the left of each sub-forum and this will mark that sub-forum as read. Can we add this same feature to the little envelop to the left of each thread in sub-forums?

Here's my reasoning.....There are sub-forums that I do not not care to read, so I can do as I said earlier and double click the TN bullet hole on that particular sub-forum so that when I hit "new posts" I do not see anything from that sub-forum. Now, to apply this to individual threads, there are select threads inside other sub-forums that I have either read the beginning of, or the title topic just do not interest me, so it would be handy to be able to double click (or something) on the little envelope to the left so that the next time I pick "new posts" I still see other threads from a sub-forum, just not the ones that do not interest me.......yes I know that I can select the "mark forums read" at the bottom of each page, but there are some threads that I may visit once, and not re-visit for a day or two and just kinda let the posted reply's add up, or I may just have a few min. and would like to check a thread that I had commented in and this feature would help take away some of the "cludder" that I don't want to see because many times I do not remember what thread I posted in until I see the title again :tinfoil:.

Whatdaya think addy's?......What does TGO think? Would this help any of you out?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking this would be a good idea too. I've also thought it might be nice to have an option to ignore the thread completely. You can mark it read by just going in it, but as soon as someone else posts in it, it become unread again.

Guest Boomhower

Back on top.......Admins.....any thoughts on this?.....good, bad?

You can mark it read by just going in it, but as soon as someone else posts in it, it become unread again.

From all that I can tell, and I don't know bulletin board code lingo, that's what It does that now.

• Administrator
Here's what gave me the idea. When you go to the "Forums Index" section, you can double click on the red and blue Tennessee bullet hole image to the left of each sub-forum and this will mark that sub-forum as read. Can we add this same feature to the little envelop to the left of each thread in sub-forums?

I will check into this but the feature you're talking about on the Forum Index is built into the software. Anything beyond that would require an add-on.