Dan Wesson 15-2

Geno

SERIAL NUMBERS CHART download

http://www.danwesson...serial-numbers/

BTW ALL of the pics I see from you folk look super nice ! The engraved one is interesting - looks like a 15-2 VH (vented, Heavy lug)

tswenka's second one looks like a 15-2 also but not the heavy lug

Monson Mass is good with collectors I hear. I think the other is the Palmer plant.

If that is the case then according to the "chart" :

Mod 15-2 167xxx = 1978

Mod 15-2 173xxx = 1978

Hopefully someone that knows more than me can correct me if I got it wrong and/or pass some additional info into this thread.

Edited by Geno

Here is my pistol pack to include a 15" barrel. I bought this at FT Hood in 1980. Unfortunately the actual pistol was stolen with the 2" barrel in 1986. I picked up another Monsoon,MA frame in 1989.

The 2" barrel sported on the pistol now came from CZ/Dan Wesson about two years ago.

p7280050.jpg

Guest tswenka

Lucky dog. Kinda pondering if I should try to score some new battles for mine. Olny ones I have found that I like are ewk eh's. Don't know if the finish would match up though. Gonna leave the pretty one alone.

Edited....damm phone autocorrect...that is supposed to say barrels.

Edited by tswenka
Guest tswenka

Thanks to everyone who has helped with the legwork on this gun genealogy???? project. haven't gotten anything acomplished with it, cus I got sidetracked with my black rifle and M&P. Still a top project though.

They are a addiction. I'm on the look out for a .22 DW and also the 10" and 12" factory barrels to complete my collection of all facory barrels made for the 15-2 Pistol pack I have. The .22 Dan Wessons are bringing crazy money right now.

Dan Wessons of that era are excellent revolvers. I've never seen a bad shootin one. I've got an 8 inch 22LR that shoots like a rifle. The fit and finish on 'em is as good as any smith or colt. They are an underappreciated, but great revolver.

leroy

Dan Wessons of that era are excellent revolvers. I've never seen a bad shootin one. I've got an 8 inch 22LR that shoots like a rifle. The fit and finish on 'em is as good as any smith or colt. They are an underappreciated, but great revolver.

leroy

I agree... And that is a nice Monson there Fox.