new here. permit issued.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pfries

When I followed upon mine a year and a half back I was informed (true or not) that the mailings went out once a week. If that is the case and you hit aproval at the wrong time it could be another day or so. I would give it a day or two and then call again.

Edited by pfries

welcome!

The system can glitch. Once when I got my driver's it was stuck to 3 more in a wad. Rather that even fool with trying to fix that via proper channels, I used the handy name and address and all on each one to mail them along to the owners myself, but some folks would have mailed them back which would have added 2 weeks turnaround to them.

Stuff happens, give it a little time and if you do not get it, tell them & get them to send another one.

Thanks all. Hopefully I won't make the call, but it seems like I will. Our mailman has lost our mail/put it in the wrong box before, and I fear it has happened again. I'm going to call Nashville this morning.

Edit: When I called I was told that it can take up to 3 weeks after it is issued to show up. Guess I just need to keep waiting. Seems kind of crappy considering all my friends got theirs within 14-18 days, but late is better than never.

Edited by dieewigeteufel

...all my friends got theirs within 14-18 days, but late is better than never.

Sounds like all your friends were very lucky. Mine took about 6 weeks, and that's the same as pretty much everyone I know.

I actually got my C&R FFL faster. Whodathunk Uncle Sam would be quicker at anything? :shrug:

Edited by CapnVideo

Thanks for the welcome. It sure is going to take some getting used to having that glock 22 on me.

It won't take long. I carry a Cougar 8000 steel frame, and with a full mag it clocks in somewhere north of 2 lbs. After I had carried it every day for about a week, I don't even notice it anymore.

Did you use an IWB holster or what?

Yes. I carry it in an Old Faithful (Crossbreed Supertuck clone) that I bought as a DIY kit. The kit was 29 bucks, you just have to mold the kydex yourself. My gun is hard to find holsters for, so I didn't have a lot of choice but to mold it myself. Whole project only took a couple hours, including making the kydex press from some scrap wood and foam I had laying around. The Glock I would think should be pretty easy to find holsters for though.

Hey, carry a Desert Eagle Mark XIX .50 AE or a S&W .500 if you like, as long as the size and weight don't encumber you or the weapon doesn't "profile" too badly on you, there really isn't anything "dumb" about whatever you carry. You have to justify your choice only to yourself. :cool: