What's Your Opinion?

Guest 270win

I don't know of any law in Colo that prohibits carrying in a movie theater. Even if there was a sign against it, there is no law against carrying past a sign in Colo.

Wait, he carried past the sign and that is legal??? Now they may have trouble finding something to charge him with. Apparently the guns were legal too. Maybe they have an ordinence against shooting inside city limits that can be used? I must be missing something here, surely he won't go free due to a lack of laws, that would be terrible!

Guest Matt Pavo

We are in a society that has far too many members hating guns and glorifying alcohol and drugs. Any good police officer will tell you that drugs and alcohol are the cause or catalyst of the bulk of violent crime, yet so many liberal politicians (and some conservative ones) want freer drug laws and stricter gun laws. There is very little support to be found for the 2A and many other basic freedoms in K-12 schools and universities. Therefore, our high school and college graduates already have a bias toward a reduced freedom society, all in effort to create an environment where no one is offended and people can make all the bad decisions they want without the fear of consequence.

We are in a society that has far too many members hating guns and glorifying alcohol and drugs. Any good police officer will tell you that drugs and alcohol are the cause or catalyst of the bulk of violent crime, yet so many liberal politicians (and some conservative ones) want freer drug laws and stricter gun laws. There is very little support to be found for the 2A and many other basic freedoms in K-12 schools and universities. Therefore, our high school and college graduates already have a bias toward a reduced freedom society, all in effort to create an environment where no one is offended and people can make all the bad decisions they want without the fear of consequence.

Blaming crime on alcohol and drugs is no different than blaming guns. It places blame on things rather than the person who commits the crime.

What we need is more personal responsibility and real accountability.

• Like 2

Feinstein wants only the military and the police to have "assault" weapons so that they can put down the inevitable rebellion that they KNOW is coming.

I think you're giving her way more credit than she deserves. She's a dumbass California liberal. No thought or motive required.

For you conspiracy theorists, what group specifically do you think would conspire to kill 70 people, including small children, to help with the gun control effort?

:confused:

OBAMA AND THE BLACK PANTHERS...DUH! Seriously, I don't believe that it was a conspiracy. Just a whacked out terrorist thug with a entitlement mentality looking for attention.

THAT'S MY OPINION

Blaming crime on alcohol and drugs is no different than blaming guns. It places blame on things rather than the person who commits the crime.

What we need is more personal responsibility and real accountability.

I agree.

For you conspiracy theorists, what group specifically do you think would conspire to kill 70 people, including small children, to help with the gun control effort?

Perhaps the same ones who trafficked illegal weapons into Mexico for the same reason? :shrug:

I do not make any accusations that any politician had a hand in this tragedy. However, I am to the point that NOTHING any politician could possibly do would surprise me.

Edited by gregintenn

I am sick of hearing "no one needs an AR15" and "no one needs a 100 round clip" (I know it's a magazine but the idiots on tv seem not to). Since when are we only allowed to have what we NEED. No one needs a car that goes over 75. No one needs a house over 1,200 sq ft. Let's outlaw fast cars and big houses.

Glenn

I am sick of hearing "no one needs an AR15" and "no one needs a 100 round clip" (I know it's a magazine but the idiots on tv seem not to). Since when are we only allowed to have what we NEED. No one needs a car that goes over 75. No one needs a house over 1,200 sq ft. Let's outlaw fast cars and big houses.

Glenn

You left out Big Macs.

I'm still waking for this guy to "make a statement" through his attorney.

He didn't want to die. ie evidence his body armor.

He told police about his booby trapped apt.

I'm waiting for more.

Jeff

Per thoughts of a Knox PD CT expert, Chief David Rausche, (interviewed on radio, so summary on my reccolection) -

- This guy expected to die; just not fast. The body armor was to increase his odds in causing more casulties, and creating futher chaos.

- His apartment was to be a diversion, occupying police & EMS there, and allow him more time uninterupted at the theater.

- The timers on the stereo were to cause the neighbors to call the police, who would in theory break down the door, tripping explosions at the apartment. But, neighbors did not call until *after* his carnage at the theater.

- as a result, police were able to respond within 90 seconds of first 911 call, Catching him this early in the process, disrupting his plans (my thought...not to mention also having a firearm failure), thus he essentially "gave up", at his car, much earlier than intended, instead of later dying by police fire.

Edited by R_Bert
Guest bkelm18

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/23/us/texas-truck-wreck/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

14 dead in a car crash. I don't see people calling to ban trucks.

Democracy is always destroyed from within. It happened to Rome and will happen to us. As much as I despise the most recent 3 Star Wars movies, the Queen does have a poignent line in one. When the Emporer finally dissolves the republic and creates the Empire, the Senate erupts into cheers. The Queen, watching from the sidelines says, "So this is how liberty dies.... with thunderous applause."

It's only a matter of time, honestly. When we start passing laws based on what we need and don't need, we create the have's and the have-nots. The deeper the separation becomes, the more power that can be exherted over the people. That ball started rolling in this country a long time ago.

Guest 6.8 AR

Do you remember "Weather

Underground"? Am I being paranoid enough for

you? Do you understand that there is one of

them in the middle of our education system.

Okay Dave, I admit I'm paranoid, just for you.

Want some more examples of how politics has

encroached in the area of terrorism? There are

plenty to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was reading that somewhere up north, some 24 year old kid did not want to work on a particular day so he set fire to his workplace and cost hundreds of millions of dollars.

Long story short there is something wrong with the kids today in which consequences are not in their vocabulary

Was reading that somewhere up north, some 24 year old kid did not want to work on a particular day so he set fire to his workplace and cost hundreds of millions of dollars.

Long story short there is something wrong with the kids today in which consequences are not in their vocabulary

24 is not a kid. That is an adult.

I argue that today's kids are just like any other generation. Young thugs have caused destruction, death, and more across histroy, some by pranks gone wrong, some by meaness, etc.

Most people under 25 or so have a reduced sense of consequence. This is why the military of most countries for the past many centuries have used younger men for soldiers.

The brain isn't fully developed at that age to further Jonnin's point. Guess that would be why a lot of the Special Forces guys are older as well. Not that that is any excuse to burn down your place of work because you're being lazy that day.

24 is not a kid. That is an adult.

I argue that today's kids are just like any other generation. Young thugs have caused destruction, death, and more across histroy, some by pranks gone wrong, some by meaness, etc.

Most people under 25 or so have a reduced sense of consequence. This is why the military of most countries for the past many centuries have used younger men for soldiers.

I've thought about that myself. Thinking back to my military days as a young adult, I certainly wouldn't do allot of things now and take as many chances as I did then.

Call it life experience, maturity, wisdom, knowledge or age, I think back and wonder, "just what was I thinking"?

There is wisdom with age and reminds me (a 19 Y.O. E-3) of my first 3 day pass to Saigon, me and my 35 year old E-7 platoon Sargent.

Upon arrival to our destination in Saigon, our conversation went something like this:

Me: Sargent, let's run in there and buy a Saigon tea for one of those ladies.

Sargent: No little E-3 grasshopper, let us walk there and buy ALL the ladies a Saigon tea!

Me: But Sargent, my pay scale is only E-3!

Sargent: Well E-3 grasshopper, age and rank does have it's privileges. :rofl:

I'd argue that society has caused the extension of childhood into adulthood. Look at David Farragut and other's like him throughout history.

Heck there has been talk recently of extending high school. It may seem like a stretch, but it sure does help the unemployment numbers the longer the .gov can keep folks out of the workforce.

• Like 1