Netflix

So, my son told me about Netflix and begged me to get it. I couldn't believe for $7.99 a month I got all those movies and shows! They have a one month free trial now, so I signed up. It is worth the money! Best thing is: my son will pay for it!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

THey do have a lot of movies on that plan (streaming), but it is still limited. And from what I understand, to get the better movies, you need to sign up for the DVD deal....another $7.99 per month. The streaming plan is around 25% of what they actually have, which is still a lot considering they are readily available for streaming download. I got it this weekend and watched The Expendibles, but was disappointed when I started looking for some other movies, like the Bourne Identity movies, etc. My kids watched about 10 movies over the weekend, so we are ahead of the game. And you can cancel at anytime which helps.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I have the streaming only and use it on a daily basis thru Xbox360. As db99wj mentioned, the amount of content available on the streaming is kinda limited. I wish there was more there, however for what you pay its not bad.

Guest nysos

There are other services you can sign up for to augment the streaming, like hulu plus. Many of the titles you don't see on streaming is due to legalities and licensing. On occasion you will see a new release on netflix as soon as it hits DVD, others you may never see (like star wars). One thing that I love about netflix is they have a good selection of foreign films, if that sort of thing floats your boat.

We just bought a blue ray player that has wireless and we signed up for the free month and love it! my comp is hooked to the TV via HDMI cable but this makes streaming so easy even a cave mane could do it. The picture quality is even better than I thought it would be.

Guest db99wj

We go through the Wii in the den, Apple TV in my bedroom, computers are hooked up, my iphone and kids ipod touches are. If we could all watch at once, we would never talk to each other! I bought a Bluray player this weekend that has all of that capability but I have to buy a wireless adapter to put in the back of it for it to work. Damnit and all its fine print. I hate using the Wii mainly because I hate the remote.

Edited by db99wj

I alternate between Netflix and Amazon (I'm an Amazon Prime member and get many movies free because of that) using my PS3 as the go between...it's not unusual to find a movie on Amazon that isn't available on Netflix and vice-versa. In both cases, however, these services are how I watch most of my movies these days.

Of course, if something is "hot" and just out I do PPV through DirectTV :)

I love Netflix. Been using them for several years now. When they changed their rates for streaming we just stuck w/ Bluray. The only time we used the streaming feature was when we were on vacation and wanted to see a romance movie or something. It feels good to get something you're looking forward to in the mail. For the price it is a great deal; plus I'm just glad that they put an end to Blockbuster's reign over the movie rental industry.

Guest TankerHC

I have had Netflix since they launched including streaming and stayed with it even during and after the CEO's fiasco. I love it as does my wife. Thing about it is that although there are a lot of old movies on streaming, thats just it, there are tons of old movies I have never seen and most of them I have watched turned out to be good movies. Netflix Streaming along with Free Hulu you can watch just about any TV series thats ever been on the air. Well worth the money, IMHO.

I just got netflix and love it. I am using the Roku streaming player and am going to get 2 more for the other tvs, then I am going back to an outside antenae for the local channels. Then I am canceling dishtv and am going to spend $8.00 a month instead of $100.00. May also add Hulu for anther $8.00. May not get 100% of what I am getting now but with the $80-90 a month I am saving I think I can live with that.

Netflix is ok if you like older movies and tv shows you done seen.

I had it for a while and they never had a movie i hadnt seen or wanted to see. we are pretty big movie buffs so we never miss the good ones. netflix cant keep up.

I love NetFlix. I use the app on my Droid. I live out in the sticks but I am now in the edge of 4G (Verizon). I also have unlimited data still. I got grandfathered in when they started the data cap on all new users. Believe it or not, I used 81 gb a couple months ago watching all the seasons of LOST

Guest NashvegasMatt

So, my son told me about Netflix and begged me to get it. I couldn't believe for $7.99 a month I got all those movies and shows! They have a one month free trial now, so I signed up. It is worth the money! Best thing is: my son will pay for it!

heck ya... there are a billion documentaries on there.

I love NetFlix. I use the app on my Droid. I live out in the sticks but I am now in the edge of 4G (Verizon). I also have unlimited data still. I got grandfathered in when they started the data cap on all new users. Believe it or not, I used 81 gb a couple months ago watching all the seasons of LOST

Where are you seeing a data cap on new users. I just signed up this week and from everything I have read on the site it says unlimited.

Guest TankerHC

Crackel came built in to my SOny Bly-Ray. Problem with Crackel, is there is a commercial every 120 seconds. Or at the least, every 4 minutes. Its worse than Network TV.