Ruger LC9

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are fine guns with a vague and long trigger. When you get the Galloway Precision trigger system upgrade you will wonder two things:

1) Why didn't Ruger do this in the first place?

2) Why would anyone else come up with a small single stack 9mm when the LC9 with a Galloway trigger system is here?

Having said that I think the S&W Shield is cool and Apex is supposed to be coming out with a action upgrade for the Shield also.

Guest pfries

The long pull never bothered me but I have smaller hands and learned to shoot pistols on wheel guns. You do your part the LCP does it, I do not find it uncomfortable to shoot although not a range toy, I did polish the feed ramp as I do on all my firearms, I removed the magazine disconnect and did a fluff and buff on the internals.

The following pic was with cor bon 115gr +p @ 7 yards approximately one second per shot (just let the gun fall back on target and proceeded with next controlled squeeze….) Ilike it for deeper concealment and a BUG. I had to let go of the first one I got (don't ask) and have since replaced it.

2011-12-23%252015.56.34.jpg

2011-11-25%252021.48.56.jpg

Edited by pfries

pfries,

The OP was talking LC9 not LCP. However, the LCPs are fine guns.

I think pfries just made a typo, pretty sure he's talking about the LC9.

Looks like an LC9 in his photo (from the sights and the safety, both would be absent on the LCP).

That trigger is long and heavy; I can empty my new sig (938, it finally came!) before I can fire the lc9 twice. My hands are just not strong enough to run a platform like this effectively, but I have seen it done and those who can do it make it look good. If you do not mind the trigger, the rest of the gun is sweet. Its a great size and shape. The couple I have been around seemed reliable 100%.

Guest etnsr9c

I have a lc9, it is a great gun. The trigger smooths out a lot with use(mine has 700 plus rounds through it, all with out any malfunctions). I really love everything about mine but the mag safety(I removed mine) and the grip could use more texture. All that said I dont carry it any more, I bought a m&p shield 9, I have been caring it since then. Just a personnel preference.

I had an LC9 and gave it to my adult son when I bought a Beretta Nano. Wish I'd kept it. It's a great little gun and more rounded off than the Beretta so easier to pocket carry. I also have a Boberg XR9s, which I like very much, but it's kinda squared off, too.

Great little gun! Yes, the trigger is long - but it's easy to get used to. I was surprised by the accuracy. Build quality is good, but the bluing on the barrel will wear quickly; if you don't like, you can just polish it ;-)

Have about 800 rounds through it, no major troubles. I appreciate the safety features, but some have opined that they are overkill. Very satisfied with purchase, overall.

Kraut, that's a beautiful Talo man. Niiice.

Edited by GeminII

Great little gun! Yes, the trigger is long - but it's easy to get used to. I was surprised by the accuracy. Build quality is good, but the bluing on the barrel will wear quickly; if you don't like, you can just polish it ;-)

Have about 800 rounds through it, no major troubles. I appreciate the safety features, but some have opined that they are overkill. Very satisfied with purchase, overall.

Kraut, that's a beautiful Talo man. Niiice.

Given that I have boobs.. I would prefer Girl. Lady or Woman.. :lol:

Oh my :unsure: ... Removing foot from mouth... Apologies! That is a SWEET LC9 good Lady Sour Kraut!

I was on the hunt for a Talo when I lost patience and grabbed a run o' the mill LaserMax model.

I have an LCP, and for what it is, I love it. I was so excited when I heard the announcement of the LC9. I saw one at the gun store, and laid it back in the case. Why the h3ll did they put a safety on it??!!?

An upsized version of the LCP that would chamber 9mm Luger would have been great. Why change anything else about it?

Guest Southern45shooter

I was in the market for a micro 9mm, looked at LC9. Went with Kahr CM9. For basically the same price, the Kahr is a better buy, IMO.

I would not be surprised to find that many of our male members are also sporting boobs, or more accurately moobs. While it would not be appropriate to call those endowed gentlemen "girl", "lady", or "woman", I am offering no further comment on the issue as I have no interest in angering fat guys or German women. I've heard that neither path ends well, and don't intend to find out.

Edited by StPatrick
Guest TNLC9

I purchased my LC9 January, 2012. After 2500 rounds the trigger smoothed out. Currently 4200 rounds through it.

Modifications:

Lasermax

XS Night sights

Hogue grip

20# recoil spring

Stainless steel guide rod

A bit snappy with factory recoil spring, but 20# spring tames recoil. It does not like soft primers. It is not really a range gun, but more of a SD weapon. Can be pocket carried IF you have deep pockets. Is comfortable IWB.

sent from my sending device

I carry my LC-9 all the time. This pistol has shot 115gr target loads, 147gr. JHPs and 124gr. +Ps and it has never failed. I can live with the trigger. There are lots of 9mm micro compacts out now and I cannot say the LC9 is the best but since it has been 100% reliable, I'm not looking to replace it.

I have researched the LC9, I really love the ergonomics, size and features. Check out Cabelas.com. Currently, their patrons have posted 34 owner reviews. The score is at 3.7 out of a possible 5 which is really quite low. Alot of people must have been expecting something else but it is what it is, long and vague trigger. As long as you know that going in and feel you've done your research, go for it and enjoy. (or not)

Guest Lester Weevils

It does not like soft primers.

Thanks TNLC9

I'm not quibbling, just trying to learn something. What kind of symptoms come from it not liking soft primers? Do they want to partial-back-out of cases when fired or whatever? Had heard of guns with weak hammer-strikes that do not like "hard primers" because they don't always go bang. Just wondering what goes wrong sometimes from soft primers?