Gun Control? WIll it happen?

I've just been thinking a lot lately about the media reporting on so many shootings. I just want some opinions on how many people here think that it's only a matter of time before we lose the right to carry our guns (Permits revoked) and possibly the right to even own them. Does anyone else here think it will ever happen? I unfortunately think it will happen eventually.

I'm sure there are those who would like to try, but I feel like there are way too many firearms in private hands to even make a dent. If they ever did revoke my permit, I would carry anyway (it is my constitutional right!!). And if they ever asked for guns to be turned in, I simply wouldn't show up.

I'm sure there are those who would like to try, but I feel like there are way too many firearms in private hands to even make a dent. If they ever did revoke my permit, I would carry anyway (it is my constitutional right!!). And if they ever asked for guns to be turned in, I simply wouldn't show up.

Do you think that they would go door to door looking for your guns? I heard a few old timers talking and they seem to think bad times are coming. That's why I'm interested in opinions. I sure hope it doesn't get that far. This weekly shootings in the media sure aren't helping things though.

Guest nysos

Crime across the nation overall is down. We just hear about these things due to being in the information age. Some dog takes a poop in California that looks like Jesus and it is on the news across the nation in 5 minutes flat.

If those in office actually look at the numbers and hopefully use some logic, they won't have any reason to push for more gun control. Gun control has never shown statistically to reduce crime rate, but it has been proven that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens does NOT increase the crime rate of an area.

I don't know whats down the pipe, but as long as legislatures don't succumb to "public outcry" aka the mainstream media, I think we will be ok. Then again, we see the effect the media can have on the government and normal procedures - IE. George Zimmerman.

Crime across the nation overall is down. We just hear about these things due to being in the information age. Some dog takes a poop in California that looks like Jesus and it is on the news across the nation in 5 minutes flat.

If those in office actually look at the numbers and hopefully use some logic, they won't have any reason to push for more gun control. Gun control has never shown statistically to reduce crime rate, but it has been proven that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens does NOT increase the crime rate of an area.

I don't know whats down the pipe, but as long as legislatures don't succumb to "public outcry" aka the mainstream media, I think we will be ok. Then again, we see the effect the media can have on the government and normal procedures - IE. George Zimmerman.

I agree. My honest opinion is that in the next 4 years, we will have considerable less gun rights. Dwindle them down a little at a time until eventually we can't even leave the house with them.

well a sure fire way for gun the control debate to keep gaining speed is allow the media and the lefttards to keep advancing the narrative that guns are the problem. every time someone from the tennessean would come over here trying to play nice only to take a huge dump on us all when their words hit print everyone kept talking about how it could be worse. I was called out by being critical of the Tennessean on this board. The gun control narrative starts local. we need to change the narrative from restrictive ideals to individual responsibility which is the key to most every social and economic issue we are facing.

So the next time some writer from the TN comes over with their hand out, just know the hand is there to slap you because the tennessean or any other newspaper are not interested in reporting realities, they are there to advance their agenda. So hold the papers accountable by not buying their crap, don't even read their online garbage or post on their comments sections. they get just as much money to rile you all up by posting misguided articles only meant to draw you in like a bug to bug zapper.

Most people who do not like firearms have never shot one. I say the first thing you should do when engaging someone who is anti gun is ask if they have ever shot one. if not then offer them to meet you at the range and let them fire yours. teach them how to handle it, secure it and fire it. the idea that is running around in some people's head is that firearms are a volatile object and if you don't hold it right it will go off and start killing people without warning :)

i bet 75% of the time, you get someone to the range and ease them into firing something they will dig it and their attitude will change. when one person actually observes the reality of gun owners then they are then "armed" with knowledge for when they are in a discussion with other gun haters.

My wife did not understand the need for the guns in parking lots bill and was against it until she realized I could not even keep my firearm in my car at work and then she realized the issue. most people just do not understand and when you don't understand you are weary of the issue. Educate and use methods to educate.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I think that if gun confiscation were to be tried, there would be a mass civil disobedience event. Beyond that anything could or would happen. Sure the sheep among us that believe that it would be a great idea, will turn in there guns. However, there are far to many privately held firearms in this country for them ALL to be found.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

I think that if gun confiscation were to be tried, there would be a mass civil disobedience event. Beyond that anything could or would happen. Sure the sheep among us that believe that it would be a great idea, will turn in there guns. However, there are far to many privately held firearms in this country for them all to be found.

I could see it get ugly. I don't know though. Most people are sheep and would probably give in without a fight.

I would happily support enforcing the laws we currently have. It won't stop every bad situation from happening, but if we actually started enforcing gun laws that target criminals there would be a significant reduction. Every time I see a local story about a shooting involving some thug the charges are reduced or completely thrown out in exchange for plea deals that never put gun crimes on their records. Florida has the 10-20-Life law which references crimes committed with a firearm. First one you get 10 years, second is 20 and third is life. Instead we have bleeding heart liberal judges. A couple years ago in Clarksville a man shot three people and was charged with three counts of attempted murder. It was all reduced to one count of aggravated assault, even though two victims were wounded in the head and a third in the chest. He walks free amongst us today and will probably contribute to gun crime statistics in the near future, even though it is illegal for him to possess a firearm. This is why we have high gun crime.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Do you think that they would go door to door looking for your guns?

If they knock, I won't answer. If they insist, i will become a civil disobedient.

Agreed.gif

Overkill.gif

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214
Guest nysos

If it comes to them knocking and seizing guns, years from now. I will tell them I sold them all in the previous year in anticipation of the new law coming. That I wanted a return on the money I spent on them.

i think that this is the straw that will aver weigh everything.it wont be in my life time because i am older but this is the beginning of the end for gun owners rights as we know them now . the waty the spin has been put on this is terrible .i wish someone would put the police report on this out .this was no doubt a bad thing 12 killed and 50 something wounded if you read the paper or internet it was done with an ar but if you read the doctoers and hospital reports it was done with 7.5 shot from a shotgun but the news media doesnt talk about that just assualt rifles just my 2 cents worth as i have a friend that has seen the fbi report

i think that this is the straw that will aver weigh everything.it wont be in my life time because i am older but this is the beginning of the end for gun owners rights as we know them now . the waty the spin has been put on this is terrible .i wish someone would put the police report on this out .this was no doubt a bad thing 12 killed and 50 something wounded if you read the paper or internet it was done with an ar but if you read the doctoers and hospital reports it was done with 7.5 shot from a shotgun but the news media doesnt talk about that just assualt rifles just my 2 cents worth as i have a friend that has seen the fbi report

which is exactly why I am so critical of the media. hold the media accountable with twisting of the truth, set people straight with facts and stop letting people from the media come over here and take you all for granted

The media sucks and cannot be trusted.

Gun seizure will eventually be attempted. I'm unsure of ability to succeed. I know one thing. A euro-trash-Amerikan system of making nearly impossible to own a gun will happen AFTER I have moved on to the next life.

I've just been thinking a lot lately about the media reporting on so many shootings. I just want some opinions on how many people here think that it's only a matter of time before we lose the right to carry our guns (Permits revoked) and possibly the right to even own them. Does anyone else here think it will ever happen? I unfortunately think it will happen eventually.

We have a high chance of a ban on semi automatic rifles or low+ capacity magazines for handguns and semi-automatic rifles. Romney is 100% behind a ban on anything more potent than a revolver or a bolt action rifle. Obama is of course against guns as well. IF CONGRESS PRESENTS IT, YOUR NEXT PRESIDENT WILL SIGN IT. Congress is our only hope right now.

Looks like I became interested in firearms a little too late. I just got my permit a few days ago and now I'm already worried about it being taken away by politicians. Politicians that most likely can afford to pay for their security instead of Joe Blow that has to look out for himself.

I would say congress won't bring anything up if they want to be re-elected.

And neither will EITHER presidential candidate. We're hearing tired arguments from the same old folks. Meanwhile, gun sales in Colorado spiked thru the roof.

The AWB had a 10 year test run. It accomplished nothing. That's pretty common knowledge.

EDIT: The same old grabbers, safe in their commie states will propose the same old things. The bulk of the politicians don't live in commie states, and won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. They will never get the votes to pull anything off. Guns are popular.

Edited by mikegideon