Leaving Tennessee

After living in Tennessee for the duration of my life, I will be moving to Alabama in the next few weeks. I received the job offer today and plan on accepting it in the morning. One of my daughters, 6 years old, lives in Madison with her mom and my goal has been to get as close to her as possible. The job is in Cullman, and we plan on living in the Hartselle area. My wife and other children are excited about moving. Lord willing we will be there until the kids have all graduated from high school. Other than the state income tax that Bama has I see no cons to this move.

Edited by brooksjr
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After living in Tennessee for the duration of my life, I will be moving to Alabama in the next few weeks. I received the job offer today and plan on accepting it in the morning. One of my daughters, 6 years old, lives in Madison with her mom and my goal has been to get as close to her as possible. The job is in Cullman, and we plan on living in the Hartselle area. My wife and other children are excited about moving. Lord willing we will be there until the kids have all graduated from high school. Other than the state income tax that Bama has I see no cons to this move.

You're heading to my neck of the woods! I'm sure you will like it there.

Dave

Weather can get nasty down there..I went thru 1 tornado and Hurricane Opal..But we also where on FT.MClellan at that time..

I liked it there actualy.. fishing was very VERY good.

GL :)

Ft McClellen was cool. Old home to MP and Army Chemical School many moons ago.

Edited by LINKS2K

Didn't you just move to Memphis a few months ago? I'm sure you will like Alabama. I've never really heard anything negative about it.

Good luck!

Been in the Memphis area for 11 months. The drive to see my daughter is just too much.

It's kind of funny really because prior to moving here I said I would never live near Memphis...My wife said she would never live near Cullman, Al because that's where she received her one and only speeding ticket. If nothing else I've learned to never say never.

Edited by brooksjr

Didn't you just move to Memphis a few months ago? I'm sure you will like Alabama. I've never really heard anything negative about it.

Good luck!

Obviously, you've never been associated with a Tennessee football fan if you have never had someone give you a list of Alabama's negatives. If you have a couple of weeks, I can cover chapter one with you.... :pleased:

Good luck with the move and the new job, Brooks!

Thanks for heading up the Christmas PIF for a couple of years.

Although this is Tennessee Gun Owners, I don't think too many will object if you drop in from time to time.

Good Luck!

Thanks. I didn't get to the PIF this past year because everything was so hectic with me trying to get situated out here. Now I get to go through that all again!!

Obviously, you've never been associated with a Tennessee football fan if you have never had someone give you a list of Alabama's negatives. If you have a couple of weeks, I can cover chapter one with you.... :pleased:

Good luck with the move and the new job, Brooks!

Being closer to Tuscaloosa is one of the pros of the move :cool:

Two Alabama fans are in Neyland Stadium watching the Alabama-Tennessee game...

One looks down and sees Smokey, the UT mascot on the sidelines, licking himself.

He nudges the other 'Bama fan, points, and says "I wish I could do that."

The other one says: "That dog would bite you!"

What does a tornado and a divorce in Alabama have in common?

Someone's losing a trailer.

Good luck and grats on the new job. Could be worse, you could be moving to Gainesville. :rofl:

It is full of Auburn and Tide fans...
Guest db99wj

Cullman is a pretty cool town. Go on a retreat there at St. Bernard Abby there every year. And now you can buy beerthere, even in the grocery stores! Up until this year, you were in a dry county!

Good luck in your new job. Alabama is OK. They talk funny and have weird ideas about barbecue but they are good people. I left Tennessee for the same reason, a job. I sure miss Nashville, Crossville and the Cumberland Plateau.

Alabama's a good place - I spent some time at Redstone in the last century. Best of luck!

My brother spent some time there, before getting hit by an international pickup on the way to work. He was on a Honda sabre. Truck ran a protected green left turn and broadsided him.