FN FAL Parts Kit - Which one?

Guest Wildogre

Guest Wildogre

I have been saving for a FN FAL parts kit and now have enough to order one. My question is which one?

I have found two:

http://e-sarcoinc.co...kitmodeliv.aspx

http://www.entrepris...m/imbelKits.htm

Falfiles seems to favor the e-sarcoinc kit.

My goal is to build a shooter not a collectors example. I want something with an 18" barrel. This will be used for target, SHTF, or maybe 3 gun at sometime in the future.

I have considered M1As and AR10s they may be purchases in the future but not at this time.

Any recommendations or experience would be helpful. I am leaning towards the e-sarcoinc because of entreprises reputation and the e-sarcoinc has the Para rear site but could be convinced otherwise.

Also which Coonan receiver would you recommend and why?

Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The SARCO kit is an argy, the Entreprise kit is an Imbel... two slightly different rifles, if that matter to you. I know the Argy's have some unique stuff, but can't recall what exactly at the moment. Either will work fine for your goal of a shooter, but with that in mind, I'd choose the Imbel just because it's over $100 cheaper. Keep in mind that the Entreprise kit contains nothing actually made by them. It's a Brazilian rifle in pieces that they import and resell. The Falfiles crowd has a very bad taste in their mouths for Entreprise due to a royally f-ed up group buy a while back.

I have an Imbel kit and and older Entreprise type III upper receiver in a box waiting for me to find the time to put it together. Assembly does require some special tools. If you want an 18" barrel, you'll have to cut down the one in the kit and likely enlarge the gas port for proper function. 922(r ) compliance requires 7 US made parts, mine are upper (1), furniture (3), and trigger group (3).

I think Coonan is one of the only making uppers with the proper profile for an Argy. Others will work, they just won't be "correct". I got the type III upper because I don't like the carry handle. Lots of folks just stick a washer in the slot to take up the space. I think someone on falfiles makes an insert that fits flush. The difference between type I and II is cosmetic, IMO. They claim less weight, but it's not enough to matter. If you're building a para with an aluminum lower maybe, but on a standard rifle its one that weighs 9 lbs or 9 lbs 6 oz....

Edited by peejman

Entreprise is sometimes out of the things they show on website, you will not know until you try to order. You could go the ease route and buy a complete gun. The Franklin Gun shop had a nice DSA(early) fal with a 16 or 18" barrel last week for $1,100.