What are you carrying now?

The title is self-explanatory. Let's see some knives (you are actually carrying).

If you don't mind, give a brief reason why you are carrying a particular knife.

I have switched recently on what I am carrying everyday. I got tired of carrying a very heavy knife, so I decided to carry one of my Sebenzas. To me, a Sebenza is one of, if not the finest production knife available. It is by no means tacticool, but it is an extremely well to endure hard use. It is also very elegant, so it wouldn't look out of place it while you are in a suit.

This is what I am carrying now, a Wilson Combat large Starbenza (the one on the bottom).

img2012010600632.jpg

Edited by mav

I'm carrying a Chris Reeve Startac Umnumzaan, probably the one above your Starbenza in the picture above. Absolutely love this knife.

Yep, you are carrying the exact knife above the Starbenza. It is a great knife. I have several Sebenzas so I don't carry the Startac all that much.

Well, I was carrying (before I took off my pants for the night.... What? TMI?) a Cold Steel Pro Lite. Been carrying it going on 8 or 10 years. Stays sharp, is very strong and tough and opens in a flash.

I've been thinking recently about switching to something else. I've had this one so long I'm attached to it. If I lost it, I may be upset. Maybe go to a smallish fixed blade. Not sure yet.

Guest 73challenger

This afternoon I haven't carried anything but my P238. However, I have been carrying my ZT 0350 or my mini grip. I like the beefiness of the ZT however sometimes I want something smaller.

GEDC0027.jpg

The one on the left is a Helle Odel, that I carry when I'm in the woods. The middle on knife is a Ontario Rat 1 Combo Edge. I will replace this one with a plain edge one of these days. I think it's one of the best deals on the market. I picked this up on EBAY for $27 shipped and new. It's built like a tank!!! The one on the right is a 1979 Camillus U.S. Knife. All stainless steel. Comes with a knife blade, a punch, screwdriver/bottle opener and a can opener. I carry the RAT 1 and the U.S. Knife daily. Every once in a while I will slip in a Kershaw Clash or an Opinel No. 9 in carbon steel or Svord Peasant just to change things up a bit.

Ive carried a "normal" pocket knife for years. I started with an old timer, then in my early teens swapped to a case Sodbuster. I got this Case Large trapper as a present last year and its been in my pocket daily ever since. I feel naked without a good razor sharp knife. The auto openers, spring loaded, tantoed pointed tactical fighting folders have their places, but for a work knife give mr an old school knife anyday

2012-08-02_22-17-52_477.jpg

I have an old CRKT Crawford/Kasper folder that's seen a lot of hard use and abuse that's in my pocket as I type this. They're inexpensive, durable, and very serviceable.

Very positive grip and fast into use.

Crawfordkasperfolder.jpg

I'm also wearing my Clinchpik...it's been a constant companion for a number of years now. It is strictly a self defense tool.

clinchpik.jpg

CPnotconcealed_edited.jpg

My knife at work (wearing scrubs) is a waved Griptillian. No belt, so no Clinchpik.

I like it's ease of opening and edge retention. Great grip and blade shape as well.

wavedgriptilian.jpg

My working in the garden knife is a carbon steel Mora. They are inexpensive, yet durable knives that take a great edge.

Moraknife-1.jpg

Edited by prag
  • Like 1