What are you carrying now?

Same blade I've carried for more than a year.

Kershaw Blur with the drop point smooth edge sandvik blade. For me, it's hard to beat for the size, price, quality and speed of opening.

I do want to add a nice fixed blade for edc. I've got an ESEE Izula but it's too damn hot right now to carry a necker for me.

Smith & Wesson Oasis is my daily beater. $20 or so at Tractor Supply Co. and it gets sharpened about twice a week. On the farm or in the woods I have a Bass Pro Shops Readhead fixed blade that I paid about the same for. In my boat I have a few Mora fixed blades stashed for quick grabs. I have fancy expensive knives but I like a cheap beater for daily carry as a knife, screwdriver, chisel, or whatever.

At work I carry a Boker Plus Rhino Stag. I love the thickness and the curved blade. It also has the leather sheath with a nice boot clip so I can carry it on the belt or clipped inside to a pocket. In my line of work I usually only have one hand and with the fixed blade it is just easier to work with.

2012-08-14012238.jpg

When not at work I rotate between my other Boker fixed blade knives. I have the Arbolito Stag Caper, The larger Arbolito Corzo Stag Caper, a Rambler,and the Bone handle Camper.

• Like 1
Guest ochretoe

If I have pants on I have a Leatherman in my pocket. For the last 5 years it has been the titanium Charge, but I have had one in my pocket since I started as a Ranger. While on duty I have a Kershaw Amphibian on my leg as a backup. I have carried an amphibian off and on for 30+ years. In the last few months my son and I have started wearing kneck knives also. I use it a lot more than I thought I would. I always have two knives and a gun on me. While patroling it's three knives and a gun or two. I aint skert, just prepared.

At work I carry a Boker Plus Rhino Stag. I love the thickness and the curved blade. It also has the leather sheath with a nice boot clip so I can carry it on the belt or clipped inside to a pocket. In my line of work I usually only have one hand and with the fixed blade it is just easier to work with.

2012-08-14012238.jpg

When not at work I rotate between my other Boker fixed blade knives. I have the Arbolito Stag Caper, The larger Arbolito Corzo Stag Caper, a Rambler,and the Bone handle Camper.

I really like this little knife! It's one of the ones I'm considering for my next fixed blade. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Moped

I don't need a knife to fight off Ninjas or Samuraii, what I need is a good tool. I use my EDC knife to open packages, open beer bottles and tighten screws. I used to carry my scout knife but that was given to #1 son when he joined scouts, I then carried a Victorinox "SWAK", the old red scaled one with a small tool box enclosed. I recently discovered the Original Issue SWAK and fell in love with it. I have both the Wegner Original Issue SWAK and a Victorinox Pioneer which is the same knife but without the key ring bail (a rivet is used instead).

I now EDC the Victorinox Pioneer. It is all I need in a knife and pretty compact to carry.

DC33C4C9CC9E4203B264B9FEC488FEB9-0000317266-0002973408-00640L-3E5882DC70B84182AEF4E203F5E961F6.jpg

Edited by wjh2657
  • Like 1

Smith and Wesson Black Ops. Just because I like the feel.

I have a S&W Extreme Ops I've been beating up for years, and now the blade collapses on it's own if too much pressure is applied. I hate that because it's the most perfect size and slim-ness to carry clipped in my pocket. I have a nicer Gerber and Benchmade, but they're just too bulky to have along w/ keys/cellphone/pocket litter.

I have a S&W Extreme Ops I've been beating up for years, and now the blade collapses on it's own if too much pressure is applied. I hate that because it's the most perfect size and slim-ness to carry clipped in my pocket. I have a nicer Gerber and Benchmade, but they're just too bulky to have along w/ keys/cellphone/pocket litter.

Anyway to fix it or just break down and get a new one?

Anyway to fix it or just break down and get a new one?

I took it apart previously and reset the release button. One side of it had been just worn from the metal to metal rubbing from continuous use. I still use it, but my confidence is lowered as I am concern it'll collapse and take a finger off it I'm too rough with it. I don't use it for much else but cutting straps and opening boxes so it hasn't been a huge concern, just a disappointment. Won't be getting into any knife fights with it, which is why I got the .45 as a back up. :D I've been in the market for something new but haven't seen anything I liked. Knives nowadays are so wizz-bang it's hard to find one that is the right size and has all the capability I need. After carrying the same knife for 4 years or so I'm attached and not ready to let go.

I never paid over $15 for a knife until I got my first Red Class Benchmade (Monochrome in satin stainless). Several Blue Class ones later, I realized I hate the AXIS lock and traded/sold 'em but still have that Monochrome.

Since I work in an office, I mostly carry a Kershaw Leek on weekdays for it's weight and slim profile. I'm becoming a big fan of Kershaw.