Researched the Left and the Right

Guest FIST

Over the last week I have spent my free time doing a little research. This was sparked partially due to excess free time and partially due to the discussions over Ron Paul supporters and Romney supporters from previous threads. I used web sites and radio programs offered by both sides. It started with the shooting in Aurora, that happened to be the day I was driving to Florida so I had 12 hours in the truck and XM radio.

The Left: I listened to channel 127 on XM to hear the views and opinions of the left. I do not remember specific show names or host with one exception, Allen Combs. I noticed quite a bit of foul language and belligerence at first, enough so I changed the station due to the fact my children were with me. There wasn't a lot of coverage of the shooting from their side while I was listening.

Impression from Radio

1. I found out that If a Chicken restaurant owner expresses his personal views on marriage he and his company are bigots. I called in to the Allen Combs show and asked if he did or did not feel that it was simply the owners use of free speech and not company policy. He agreed but ensured me that there has to be a slew of litigation against the company for discriminatory policies and with some digging I can find them.

2. Asked Allen Combs if he could tell me 3 things he disliked about Obama and 3 things he liked about Romney. I intended to ask him to give me 3 likes and dislikes on Ron Paul but he cut me off before I had the chance to ask it. His statement on the likes and dislikes of Obama and Romney was that he can't tell me how to vote and I need to research it myself. I didn't remember asking him to help me figure out who to vote for but, whatever.

3. I found out that if you are from the North and want a Job as a Truck Driver your SOL. Apparently you have to speak like a southerner and then can get a job driving. This was followed by the host and caller mocking southerners accents and how "stupid" we are.

4. The general impression I got of the right wing is they are always using the same old "tired" arguments and all people on that side are ignorant racist bigots.

5. The Right wing callers to Left wing radio programs seemed almost to good to be true. I would put money on it that it's staged to a certain extent for the effect the host is looking for. I could be wrong. Callers would say things like "Obama is a communist" etc, etc, and have no understanding of what communism is when asked. It seemed that none of them had any structure or facts to back their arguments and if they tried to explain they would be talked over and then hung up on.

Impression from Internet

1. Gun owners are all nuts and that an arsenal (4 firearms) is something best left to the government.

2. The right doesn't understand that the 2nd Amendment is out dated. The 1st Amendment on the other hand isn't (Not sure the Founding Fathers had the internet in mind).

3. Obama isn't doing enough fund raising and they are worried about it.

4. An HCP holder in the Aurora shooting would just have shot innocent people and the bullets wouldn't have penetrated the shooters armor. You need NVG's for a smoke filled room, and If we don't get all firearms off the streets we will never be safe.

The Right: Listened to NRA radio, Wilko Majority(I believe that's the name of it) and some Fox News talk. I don't believe it's necessary to go into how the right feels about any of the issues as I believe a large majority of the opinions expressed are covered in other threads. The biggest take away I have is the following,

1. People on AR15.Com can't spell or enunciate worth a #### and I felt stupider for reading some of their posts.

2. Every argument I heard seemed to be backed up with rational and intelligent discussion based off on facts pertinent to the situation.

3. There was a very good point on the UN weapons treaty basically stating they believe the U.S. asked for a 6 month extension simply to keep it from being a campaign issue for Obama.

Overall I found myself spending more time on the right wing radio stations. Partially because I identify with more of the views and partially because it wasn't emotionally charged banter filled with disgusting language and mockery of others. I guess the final verdict is, no matter how much I tried to engage and research the views of the left I will never understand their points of view. I am also a racist, bigoted idiot and am too stupid to know that my views on any issues are wrong and the only way to deal with me is to throw something shiny at me to get my attention and distract me from what they plant to do anyway. For the record I would considered myself an Independent as I'm not a fan the 2 party system.

I hear ya. I try so hard to open myself up to liberal ideals so I'm not just closed off to the way they think, but when applying logic most issues they support they don't make sense. On occasion they get something right, but even when they do the argument from their side is rife with name calling and dismissive attitude towards the opposition (gay issues is a perfect example). I wish, just once, I could have an intelligence debate with a die hard liberal where my logic isn't countered with emotion, but with better logic. I would abandon any of my beliefs or opinions in a heartbeat if there was superior logic to oppose those beliefs.

Nice job Fist! Very well done! To believe what the left would have you to believe is to enter "Fantasy Land". It simply wont pass the common sense test.

Keep up the good work.

leroy

Edited by leroy

Whether it is the internet or Talk Radio you have to be smart enough to figure out if what is being said is true. Some radio and internet shows want a serious discussion of the issues, and some want to present the most outlandish non-sense you have ever heard because the comments will be so entertaining and the quotes posted will get them hits.

I mean… we try to have a serious discussion and people will post Alex Jones videos. How can anyone take that seriously? Then we are berated for having our “heads in the sand†or being “sheepleâ€.

I’m not so sure anymore that it’s about the right, left, conservative, liberal, republican or democrats as much as it is about intelligence, believability and questioning what we see and hear.

• Like 1

what and the right would pass the common sense test. the actually got poor people believing the trickle down effect works. whatever, im also tired of the two party system.

Guest vca2004

I’m not so sure anymore that it’s about the right, left, conservative, liberal, republican or democrats as much as it is about intelligence, believability and questioning what we see and hear.

Amen! Idiots that can't spell worth a lick, get all emotional during discussions, and can't back up what nonsense they are spreading around because they just recite what they've heard on talk-radio exist on both sides to an equal extent. I don't like Obama and I don't like Romney. There are really no decent options. Healthcare costs in the US are completely out of control, the left wants to get rid of all guns (they know of), while the right accuses them of giving out free handouts to "bums" if education would be free for everybody. There is just no common ground and both sides are not willing to work with each other ONE BIT.

Where I am from, college and universities are pretty much FREE - even the best universities. However, only those with the highest GPA get accepted (not those that can afford it or a willing to get in debt over both ears). And yes, taxes pay for most school costs - for the better of society as a whole. I don't want to live around dumb*****.

People don't need guns, because there are no real "gangstas" and if there is a defective human, then he/she will likely not have a gun. Better background checks might be OK, but there are "other" ways to get a gun too. Nodoby to go to a store to buy guns and get a background check. You don't even need to get one from some low-life on the street corner. I've heard stories of guns being forgotten in the trunk of a car when the car was sold. And who says that the human defect from Colorado wouldn't have passed those tougher background checks anyways. Plus, it's not like the goverment goes from house to house in low areas and does a search for "gansta" guns.

So even though I am from a country where we don't have guns (unless you get a hunting license), we don't need them there - at all. Here your average citizen needs guns, that's the only way this is going to work. A$$holes will think twice about mugging somebody if chances are big that the guy they're trying to assault or the girl they are trying to rape is armed and is going to blow their head off.

Guest 6.8 AR

And if you understand how trickle down actually

works, you might agree, also. Misconceptions

too often enter mainstream without much thought.

Good assessment, FIST. It's always better to

do some independent research than to take

someone else's arguments as your own.

Keep digging!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest 6.8 AR

Another thing to ponder is if, as Obama is now

saying, "someone helped you get there" and

the economy started in the middle class, or

other such dribble, we wouldn't have what

you call much of an economy. The middle class

took a while to come into existence, like the

other classes. He just wants to tear them down.

That would look good to a communist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Lester Weevils

One thing to bear in mind-- Talk shows are low entertainment perhaps barely elevated (if at all) over Jerry Springer, Judge Judy or Live Wrestling. On the other hand, even if mere money-making farce, political talks shows matter because many people apparently take political talk shows serious as a heart attack and actually vote accordingly. You don't need "the right facts or ideas" to garner a crowd. You need entertainment value, whatever that turns out to be. If you can make the most entertaining propaganda then you get a bigger audience to subtly brainwash over the days, months and years. Making money along the way.

I like listening to Alex Jones with no expectation that Jones is factual, any more than I expect Colmes or O'Reilly factual. Jones is a hoot, good entertainment. Occasionally enjoy some of the right-wingers if in the mood, but I don't expect accuracy or objectivity.

Have tried to be entertained by left-wingers. Flashbacks of trying to stay awake thru sociology 101. A person of adequately sick sense of humor might enjoy Sharpton for the comedy. I love bad cheezy movies but some bad movies are just so irredeemably dull that one can't find anything funny. MSNBC might be good for one chuckle per annum. Watching a blank wall is better entertainment.

Guest Lester Weevils

Left-wingers think they are naturally smarter than right-wingers. Right-wingers think they are naturally smarter than left-wingers.

Both sides can be pompous. Each side accuses the other of lacking humor, imagination or creativity. Left-wingers think right wingers are mindless robots. Right-wingers think left wingers are mindless robots. Both left-wingers and right-wingers think libertarians are completely delusional mindless robots.

Each side ascribes bad cultural connotations and lax personal habits to the other. According to right-wingers, left-wingers are dirty lazy hippies with loose morals and no discipline or self-respect, most likely stoned on pot or worse. According to left-wingers, right-wingers are inbred immoral lazy and violent toothless rednecks, most likely stoned on booze, meth, or worse. Both sides, by their attitudes, show that they think it is OK to look down on entire classes of people.

I can't vouch for these graphs, but they are referemced here-- http://en.wikipedia...._(United_States) Notes indicate where the supporting data could theoretically be retrieved.

Fig_57_-_men_4-yr_college_degrees.JPG

Fig_58_women_with_4-yr_college_degs.JPG

Assuming veracity of the data, and that it is rather indisputable that even yokel institutions of higher learning are bastions of liberal brainwashing, it seems a testament to basic human orneryness that so many would have resisted the brainwashing to become republicans. Because the absolute difference has remained near-constant with rising numbers over time, the chart shows the ratio of college-educated R's vs D's diminishing over time.

The "demographics" section of the above article goes into more detail. Supposedly there is parity between D's and R's with advanced degrees however 9 out of 10 college perfessors are D. One might infer that among people with ambition, work ethic and ability to receive advanced degrees, people inclined to be D's better-enjoy a university environment, and "move in" after graduating, rather than "moving out" into the real world?

Though one must be bright and hard-working to attain high education, I reserve judgement whether "that is the only place you will find bright people." Many bright people do not enjoy school. The above demographics mean something about political orientation vs motivations, goals and tolerance for BS. But not airtight proof regarding the relative native intelligence of D's vs R's. Interesting nontheless because the demographics tend to invalidate left-winger's delusion that they are naturally smarter than right-wingers. But the data doesn't necessarily prove the reverse to be true either. In the immortal words of Han Solo, "Don't get cocky, kid!" :)

Edited by Lester Weevils

I listen to 8-10 hours of both left and right talk radio while at work (almost all on Sirius/XM), and I'm convinced that the right is overly concerned with social issues like gay marriage, abortion, religion, etc. I'm also convinced that instead of minding their own business, this will cause the Republican party to lose more and more elections over time, eventually making themselves the third-party.

I've always considered myself to be a Republican, but I've found myself drifting away, as of late. We, as a country have many problems, but the queers and baby-killers aren't even remotely close to the top of that list.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I'm not, nor ever claimed to be a Ron Pual supporter.

552699_10150989547458387_93095812_n.jpg

I just don't like the fact we vote for the less ####ty #### head. Is this truly our only options these days? Will a third party never be able to compete because they can't get votes? Is it better to not vote?

I'm for more competition, less sacrifice of values and beliefs, and voting for America. Can and will anyone deny that both parties select the most electable canidate as opposed to the best man for the job?

If a third party canidate gets more and more votes by the undecideds then the only outcome is for a new player in the political game. I can't think of too many other ways to get the Republicans and Democrats off special interests teets and back to doing something productive.

Abraham Lincoln was a 3rd Party candidate It will take enough people to get pissed about our current options to go that route I dont think we should have "D" or "R" Primarys I think we should have a national election with a smorgus board of candidates and no super pacs aloud just individuals campaining on legitimate contributions under the 2,500.00 limit, then we could vote based on each persons views and record instead of who one group likes more or can bring more cash to the party etc.

Who knows maybe a dem other than obama would win or an actual constitutionalist who refuses to play ball would have a chance. Maybe when everything emplodes we will start over fresh and folks will vote with common sense .But I have a fealing that when everything goes south there is already a plan in place to divide and conquer us. Sounds like im wearing a tin foil hat but things just seem a little to orchastrated to me ,but who knows I could be wrong.

Eitherway I do believe our voting system is broken / crippled we need more options and more to choose from there should be 1 national election and all the candidates should debate eachother every term including the potus , he shouldve had to debate cain, paul , bachmann,santorum , etc. now he gets to debate the one guy who at one point in time has agreed with nearly everything he has ever done seems to me Obama will have a cake walk during debates with a lot of "well at one time you supported that aswell Mr. Romney" comments .....Ohwell just my 0.2

Edited by plank white