Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day

Volzfan

I finally found a Chik fil a I could actually get close to on my 3rd try by visiting the one in the mall that is never that busy (the mall, not Chik fil a).

I can never get into the new one in Clarksville. When they were first opening there were people camped out in tents on their lawn.

Went to the Cleveland C-F-A today with my kids, and it took nearly an hour to get through the drive thru. The line started in the Bi-Lo parking lot, down a side street, wrapped around the C-F-A building a full turn, then into the normal drive-tru line. The people line was impressive, too. Took some pics...

2012-08-01_11-42-59_518.jpg

The people line had grown by the time I got closer...

2012-08-01_12-17-43_239.jpg

Edited by Batman
Guest nysos

My girlfriends office all planned on having chickfila today for lunch, not sure if it happened or not. I may have to make a trip tonight to get a chicken sandwich, just need to figure out which one may not be busy. The one closest to my house is in turkey creek, so I am going to avoid even trying to go there.

Guest nysos

My wife and I had a very nice lunch at the Emory Rd store. Well worth the wait in line.

Now if all of the people there will just go vote !!

Funny, my girlfriends office is off emory so thats the one they would have had to go to.

The newer one in Bristol VA had a line of cars extending way down onto Lee Highway and wrapped around the building...and the neat thing was folks werent leaving the line (like they normally would), but were sticking with it. Purportedly, the mall location in Bristol had folks backed up across five store fronts at one point.

thanks for the heads up. I must eat there today. This politically correct society is killing us, what ever

happen to freedom of speech?

I don't agree with the owner's opinion on the role of government in gay marriage, but I'm appalled at the media attacks and the attitude that one is a bigot just because they have a religious objection to gay marriage. Chick-Fil-A is laughing all the way to the bank on this one.

• Like 1

I support his free speech, and if a private company wants to incorporate religious ideals in their philosophy, go ahead. You still can't get around the bigotry of the statement, and in our modern free society, they run the risk of alienating potential customers. I don't think it will hurt them as every Chick Fil A I see is completely packed at lunch time.

• Like 1
Guest Nikator

I find this topic ironic.

When someone says / does something that threatens gun owners rights nearly 100% of the response is "don't infringe on my ####ing rights."

When some bigot infringes on others rights ya'll celebrate and support it.

I don't support or deny others from what makes them happy, as long as its legal and don't infringe on my rights.

When someone says / does something that threatens gun owners rights nearly 100% of the response is "don't infringe on my ####ing rights."

I don't support or deny others from what makes them happy, as long as its legal and don't infringe on my rights.

Exactly.

• Like 1

I find your post ironic. Unlike gun owner's rights, the "right" to gay marriage shows up nowhere in the Bill of Rights. In fact, taking rights out of it all together, gay marriage is not even legal in Tennessee. Also not quite sure how his beliefs "infringe" on anyone else's rights. He doesn't refuse to serve gays, doesn't refuse to hire them, doesn't refuse them anything.

Apparently in the liberal gay community, anything short of boisterous support for their lifestyle is categorized as intolerance and bigotry.

• Like 4

I think the only difference though is that the 2nd Amendment is from the Bill of Rights, I see nothing about marriage in there. Frankly though I don't care one way from the other on the Chick-Fil-A issue to start. If they want to spend their money that way, that's their right. Edited by gjohnsoniv
  • Like 1
Guest Nikator

I find your post ironic. Unlike gun owner's rights, the "right" to gay marriage shows up nowhere in the Bill of Rights.

Never said it was in the bill of rights.

Look familiar?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Guest Lester Weevils

I think folks can say whatever they please. That is the first amendment. The owner is free to say he doesn't approve. People are free to take offense and say they don't approve of him disapproving. Or people are free to say "atta boy". Everybody can eat wherever they want for any reason, if'n they have the money.

My question would be whether the anti-protester thinks that the owner should be able to say whatever he pleases and people who take offense should shut up and give him their money regardless? Or is the anti-protester affirming that gay marriage is wrong?

Tis a free country and any reason or no reason is entirely adequate as it is each person's own business.

Now I wouldn't go eat a chicken sammich to vote against gay marriage or to affirm "christian principles". I don't give a hoot one way or t'other about either gay marriage or the christian view of gay marriage. I don't give a hoot one way or t'other what chickfila thinks about gay marriage or christianity. Other folks can do whatever they please, ain't my biz.

Maybe it would be worth eating a chicken sammich to protest speech boycotts. But such protest might imply that people should shut up and give the man their money even if he made em mad-- That any biz owner has a right to say whatever he pleases and people are still supposed to line up and pay their money anyway. That doesn't sound right and therefore doesn't sound like a reason to go eat a chicken sammich today. I don't mind others doing it.

If the owner says bad about my favorite nascar driver then maybe I'd decide to eat elsewhere. Or if he gives a bunch of money to Obama maybe I'd go eat somewhere that Obama won't get my money. Maybe silly reasons but it isn't anyone else's place to judge. Ain't my place to judge other folks reasons. Was trying to figger out the reason though it ain't a stop the presses issue. Eating a chicken sammich for Jesus is covered under our constitutional freedom of religion! :)

I used to think it was a little pricey and it is, but you know what? It's like trading with a local business or any other business that supports the ideals you hold dear. Sometimes the money means nothing. I know I've eaten there a lot more than I did a few years ago.

• Like 1