M&P Shield Owners-Holsters?

Guest Tim1077

Guest Tim1077

I'm picking up my 9mm M&P Shield today, and was wondering if any of you shield owners have found a holster you like? Dislike? I may try to go IWB for the first time in my life so I'm mainly looking for IWB options. Thanks in advance guys!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tim1077

Thanks, Tercel. I believe I pulled up that brochure on the S&W website and looked over it. I guess I am asking two questions but wasn't very clear. I have zero first hand experience with IWB holsters, but after losing 40lbs, I have a little extra room in my waistband to hide things. I've seen people rave about the crossbreed holsters. Would those be considered the gold standard as far as IWB goes?

Guest rebeldrummer

Thanks, Tercel. I believe I pulled up that brochure on the S&W website and looked over it. I guess I am asking two questions but wasn't very clear. I have zero first hand experience with IWB holsters, but after losing 40lbs, I have a little extra room in my waistband to hide things. I've seen people rave about the crossbreed holsters. Would those be considered the gold standard as far as IWB goes?

Crossbreed the gold standard...NO in my opinion?

i have not used a lot of different IWB but of what I have, the CB has NOT been my favorite.

I actually have one now that I am looking to discard and get a new one (for my M&P compact)

not saying that they are garbage, but I just do not prefer them.

I have the super tuck deluxe, horsehide (which is supposed to be the best) and well it does the job

it just is not my favorite. I do not like how loose the gun actually sits in the kydex.

also my hardware (the clips and screws) have come loose a few times

i know people will say use loctite, however I do not want to as some of my pant/belt combo differ

and i like to have to option to change how deep it rides and the cant.

Galco King Tuk is great

Desantis make a few good ones.

also, do a google search for M&P IWB HOLSTER and just look around.

The Raven Concealment looks nice. Simple and slim. A good match for the gun.

It comes down to two things, personal preference and budget.

Good luck.

Let us know what you go with.

I myself am looking for a new IWB for my shield

I just bought the one in this thread for OWB carry for my Shield. Rides high and tight and a shirt covers it.

I have both the Crossbreed Supertuck and the D.M. Bullard Dual Carry for my M&P Compact. My personal preference is leather so I think the Bullard is far superior to the Supertuck, but it’s whatever you like. But unfortunately neither of these is a secure holster.

http://www.tngunowne...shield-holster/

Guest No Ammo

I have Crossbreed supertucks for my Glocks, 1911's & XD, love them, if Kylex is to loose, you can heat it with hair dryer

to snug it up

Guest MEDICTH

Try Comptac holsters. I have been using them for years and love them. By far the most comfortable iwb holster I have used. Their owb holsters are great too.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I recently bought a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB. It is a really well made leather lined kydex holster. I received it in about 2 weeks. I also have a prototype kydex holster made for me by Old Faithful that I like. It is all kydex with a metal clip. Hopefully they will market it soon.

Guest rebeldrummer

I recently bought a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB. It is a really well made leather lined kydex holster. I received it in about 2 weeks. I also have a prototype kydex holster made for me by Old Faithful that I like. It is all kydex with a metal clip. Hopefully they will market it soon.

Dave...care to show pics of the Old Faithful if possible? I have been talking to Thomas, the owner, about some other designs as well. I would love to see what he came up w/ for you?

Actually the design they sent me had some good ideas and some bad. I modified it and made it a good holster. I talked with Thomas about all this and sent him 5 pictures of the holster as modified. He didn't agree with one of the modifications that I feel strongly about. Mine will stay modified. In fact I modified my Silent Thunder as well. I don't like the attachment clip mounted directly above the slide as it makes the overall holster too thick. I like to have the mounting screws just below the triggerguard. The profile at this point is thinner and allows the holster to be easier to conceal. Crossfire holsters is another good choice if he has one for the Shield by now. I have his holsters for my M&P 9c & 45fs. The guy who owns the company is an undercover Police Officer who uses his products daily.

Guest rebeldrummer

just ordered a Crossfire....slimline iwb.....digital green w/ olive drab back.

hope it looks as good in person as it does in my mind :)

i will review this in a separate post later on.

thanks for the heads up sir....

Guest rebeldrummer

N82tactical by far the most comfortable I have tried

i have seen these now that I think about it....but I thought they were another company (that I saw back in the day and were junk) so i passed them by...

from the web site, looks like next time i see them I MUST NEEDS stop by and try it out.

looks VERY comfy...

Guest No Ammo

My SSS SIDE SNAP SCABBARD by Galco

Works great for my Sheild, holds it snug, no slop,

The holster does have a tension screw, but I haven't had to make any adjustments,

Not the cheapest, It's high quality leather , very comfortable!

Funny thing is, I bought this for my Kimber Ultra II 1911 :rofl:

http://www.usgalco.c...D=2564&GunID=39

SSS_in_use.jpg

Edited by No Ammo

I recently colaborated with Randy at Crossfire holsters and he made me a modified Slimline holster that is a wrap around design using one piece of kydex. It is hands down better than my Garrett Industries Silent Thunder holster which costs twice as much. If you are looking for a reasonably priced well designed holster for your Shield, you don't really need to look any farther than Randy. He is an undercover police officer who carries concealed daily in his job. The holster business is a side thing with him. His lead times are short and if you have some ideas of your own as I did, he will work with you.