Check out this holster...pretty neat!

Guest rebeldrummer

Guest rebeldrummer

Buy bigger pants and carry in a good quality holster. You only get what you pay for. I'm always bewildered at folks who pay $500 -$800 for a carry weapon and then won't spend the money on a complete carry system, which includes a holster and a belt.

Don't be fooled by this stuff.

i actually have bought bigger pants....and I dont have the money to buy and try to be honest. I am shooting in the dark when I do finally buy one since I have never tried most of them.

Currently I am looking at http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/ what are your thoughts?? i can get a holster and a belt there for less than $100

Edited by rebeldrummer
Guest rebeldrummer

From what I have seen.. 50 bucks or less is usualy junk.. then again..Gordon makes my holsters for me and they are really nice..

They had an idea for a woman holster.. to put in inside the bra right in the middle of the breasts..that was a bad idea..

Sometimes stuff look good on paper..

yea i saw the one he had for his 1911....pretty sweet.

the Galco King Tuk was $50 when it first came out and was GREAT!! and still is....

also, you can get Crossbreed "seconds" for less than $50 and they are ok

i agree about the bra idea...not good at all ! ha ha ha ha....

Obviously we all like to think we are smart and observant enough to know something is wrong when we're at the range. In the heat of the moment [no not the Asia song!] I'm not sure anyone is that observant. SO, consider this. It doesn't matter how well built that thing is, Murphy decides to lay down his law at the same time, your life is in jeopardy. You draw and fire and guess what? That thingy broke off and is now......a bore obstruction. Bad day for you.

I think the holster is a poor design as well, but for what it's worth, I have seen videos of them shooting pistols with the rod still in the barrel to prove it will not cause damage or malfunction. This holster has been discussed here before, and I am not interested in digging up the old thread. However, any holster maker who has to shoot a gun with part of his holster stuck in the barrel seems to be admitting that there is a huge potential for a problem.

Guest rebeldrummer

I think the holster is a poor design as well, but for what it's worth, I have seen videos of them shooting pistols with the rod still in the barrel to prove it will not cause damage or malfunction. This holster has been discussed here before, and I am not interested in digging up the old thread. However, any holster maker who has to shoot a gun with part of his holster stuck in the barrel seems to be admitting that there is a huge potential for a problem.

this is the conclusion i came to as well....and also the main reason I cancelled my order.

they had already shipped it (within in 12 hour, not bad there!)

they said to return asap for full refund.

Guest vca2004

OK, here is a good quality, thin holster for you:

http://theisholsters.com/holsters.php

Kydex/leather hybrid, my friend, for a measely $55 (the cowhide one). It's custom made to fit your pistol, has very good retention, trigger guard is covered on both sides, and since I've got one as well I can say the quality and service from that guy are great, too.

Sticking a rod up your barrel that is even smaller than your caliber size makes no sense. I'm not sure what is supposed to be holding the pistol snugly in place and keeps it from just falling off the rod in that case? Why not just save the money for the holster alltogether and just stuff the gun in your waistband :screwy: ?

Seriously though, I've only ever heard good things about the leather/kydex combo holsters and as far as I know Tommy Theis is one of the makers with the lowest prices for the same item. He also gives you the option of returning the holster if you don't like it.

Guest rebeldrummer

check out crossbreed if you don't mind waiting. for smaller guns you should try the mini-tuck.

for minimalist designs they sell clips that attach to most guns slides.

i dont care for CB...currently have one. I like the Galco King Tuk over them actually

Try a Crossfire Holster. It is made of Kydex and only costs $40. There are 2 basic designs. The original design uses two pieces of kydex and you can pick different colors of kydex for the front and the back piece if you choose. The newest model is made from one piece of kydex and is even smaller than the original design. Randy is an undercover police officer in Florida and carries every day while on duty. Many of his fellow officers also carry his holsters. The newest holster is called the Slimline Tactical. I bounced some ideas off Randy and this design is the result. I carry my 40 Shield in it and love it. I also have a Garret Industries Silent Thunder for the Shield. It cost more than twice the price and I don't find it as comfortable to carry as the Slimline Tactical. The Silent Thunder now resides in a drawer.

Guest rebeldrummer

Try a Crossfire Holster. It is made of Kydex and only costs $40. There are 2 basic designs. The original design uses two pieces of kydex and you can pick different colors of kydex for the front and the back piece if you choose. The newest model is made from one piece of kydex and is even smaller than the original design. Randy is an undercover police officer in Florida and carries every day while on duty. Many of his fellow officers also carry his holsters. The newest holster is called the Slimline Tactical. I bounced some ideas off Randy and this design is the result. I carry my 40 Shield in it and love it. I also have a Garret Industries Silent Thunder for the Shield. It cost more than twice the price and I don't find it as comfortable to carry as the Slimline Tactical. The Silent Thunder now resides in a drawer.

you mean this holster!....QUALITY!!!

holster1.jpg

holster2.jpg

holster3-1.jpg

Guest wgwalker

They had a table set up at the Nashville Gun Show pushing these hard. Even let me "try" it with my carry gun. Didn't like it at all for all the reasons mentioned above. Felt very cheap and really did not like the fact of how unprotected it was.

• 3 weeks later...

My carry preference is appendix for my Glock 19. I've carried in that manner for 8 or 9 years in a Leather Arsenal holster I modified. It's served me well, but it's almost too well worn.

I contacted Randy and discussed the issue with him. He suggested the Slimline Tactical. I ordered one from him Tuesday the 11th. I received it today, Saturday the 15th.

Randy communicated with me every step of the way. He even included an extra set of belt loops that would allow a different carry height.

I am impressed with the holster. It's rides comfortably and securely and the height is perfect for me, allowing a sure fighting grip. It's comfortable while seated, something I've heard numerous folks express concern over. No worries here.

I've only worked about 50 presentations dry fire so far...but I've only had it a few hours. I'm looking forward to giving it a workout at the range about midweek...my weekend.

I found it to be a great price and Randy to be someone I plan on doing business with again in the future.

Thanks for the head's up Dave and Rebel. :up:

• 4 weeks later...
I put this on the same level as the CCW badges. No, actually, a notch lower.
I don't remember where I was the other day when I saw some of those, and wondered to myself who would actually buy one of those?? Someone trying to pass themselves off, at least in appearance, as LEO? Edited by mj12