ANOTHER Shooting in Milwaukee

They are calling it a case of possible domestic terrorism. Apparently the shooter had a 9/11 tattoo. Many ignorant people seem to confuse Sikhs with Muslims. They are not. Also two semi-automatic handguns were found at the scene.

Edited by Moped

They are calling it a case of possible domestic terrorism. Apparently the shooter had a 9/11 tattoo. Many ignorant people seem to confuse Sikhs with Muslims. ....

Wow. I expect the Progressives to sponsor a bill that all prospective domestic terrorists must take a certification course in basic racial and religious identification.

But seriously, if true, what a further sad irony for that Sikh community, to be misidentified as the "correct" targets in the first place.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Admin Team

How terrible.

A lot of cab drivers in New York are Sihks. After 9/11 I witnessed a huge amount of humility in their community as they were misidentified time after time as being Muslim. They either walked away or quietly explained that they were not Muslim. I never saw them respond in kind.

Racism sucks.

This is especially sad. Those folks are real peaceful.

Definitely.

At least this one got what he deserved. Shot to death where he stood. Kudos to the cop that did it.

Agree 100%. Just wish he could've been taken out before he killed anyone else.

Racism sucks.

Agree 100%, but would widen the comment to say that bigotry sucks.

Anytime we judge people's motives based on the color of their skin, the religion they practice, or any other criteria than their character; we do a great injustice to the human race.

Edited by quietguy

News said he was an active duty soldier with ties to some supremacy group... Not sure why I'm posting it though.. this is one of the few places where people actually keep up with current events on their own.

Between now and the election we are going to be seeing every single gun related event on television. This is definitely bad but we are going to see more and more by the media because of their agenda. All we will see is guns are bad, guns are dangerous and Obama will make a promise weeks before the election to institute some sort of gun control if reelected.

Dolomite

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/06/13141505-home-searched-as-police-seek-motive-for-deadly-shooting-at-sikh-temple?lite

Authorities said the gunman had used a 9mm semi-automatic handgun, which was recovered at the scene.
"But we know the more assault weapons we distribute the more situations like this we will have," he said. The U.S. had a ban on certain assault weapons but it expired in 2004.

Am I missing something here?

CNN is saying he's a vet, not active

When I saw that report I was thinking that he must be severely low in IQ to not understand that there is a huge difference between Sikhs and Muslims, as I'm assuming his attack was intended to target Muslims. I just can't think of a reason why someone would have anything against Sikhs. Not that targeting innocent Americans that believe in Islam is okay, but at least it would make sense in the demented mind of a guy like this. Considering that just about anyone that joins the Army or Marines has or will see service in a Muslim country it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't know the difference.

When I saw that report I was thinking that he must be severely low in IQ to not understand that there is a huge difference between Sikhs and Muslims, as I'm assuming his attack was intended to target Muslims. I just can't think of a reason why someone would have anything against Sikhs. Not that targeting innocent Americans that believe in Islam is okay, but at least it would make sense in the demented mind of a guy like this. Considering that just about anyone that joins the Army or Marines has or will see service in a Muslim country it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't know the difference.

Apparently the beard+turban mode of dress is very similar and many people confuse them visually, at least the men. The women dress very differently.

They're saying he was a white supremacist. So, I guess they met his criteria. Of course, it was really the gun's fault.