best .22 handgun

Guest Mugster

Which .22 handgun make is the best?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which .22 handgun make is the best?

• ruger
    • S&W semi or wheelgun
    • sig mosquito
    • walther p22
    • other...name your poison

Guest tlondon

I had a mosquito and hated it. it jammed about every 3rd or 4th round, so I sold it and the guy that bought it has not had a problem with it. Go figure. (I guess it was the operator). I like the ruger mark2 or a browning buckmark.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY FIRST REAL/TRUE LOVE WAS A HIGH STANDARD SPORT KING.

THAT WAS A LOOOOONG TIME AGO ---- WISH I HAD IT TODAY.

SPOILED ME FOR SEVERAL OTHERS OVER THE YEARS.

THERE ARE A FEW DECENT ONES OUT THERE YET. HIT & MISS THOUGH. [NO PUN INTENDED]

THANKS,

BOB

Guest Papabear

Lots of good .22 guns out there. For the price the Beretta Neos is a good little gun. Easy to break down and clean and has been reliable for me. I have gotten to be a big .22 shooter these days. Good fun and a cheap trip to the range ammo wise.

Ruger Single-six in 6 inch is great. Have put many rounds through it. Began two years ago to check. Up to 3k and still accurate. Just wish I could shoot better. I do shoot it much more now that a trip to the range could easily cost $40. With this baby it is still just a few bucks. I like it more each day.

• 2 years later...

My favorite is my Browning Nomad... this was my dad's plinker and it's still dead accurate and loads of fun to shoot. I recently bought a Ruger Single Six and am having lots of fun with it as well. I love the 22 Magnum chamber option. I have a friend who has asked me to sell her deceased husband's Ruger Mark I, so I've done a bit of shooting with it to try it out. Also a very nice gun, lots of fun to shoot. Once you get the hang of its disassembly and re-assembly I give it two thumbs up as well.

So yes, I am enjoying going to the range and shooting lots of 22's at a low price, but I always make sure to bring along my S&W 686 and some 357 mags for the big bang thrill.

Finally, there's another way I keep up my target skills without even a trip to the range: I've got a S&W 586 air pistol (CO2 cartridge, ten pellet magazine) that is incredibly accurate, feels just like a real 586 (weight, size... just not the recoil). I can shoot this for hours and have lots of fun with nearly zero cost! Highly recommended.

Actually forgot to make my choice for the poll. Ruger has a high quaility, low price you can't beat. Brownings are wonderful. But my handsdown favorite is the High Standard Olympic that my father shot with. A close second is my K22 Masterpiece.

Edited by hipower
Guest Glockster27

My vote is for the Sig Sauer Mosquito. Once you get the right ammo it is a very nice weapon to shoot. Some people say the magazines are pricey, BUT so is every Sig magazine. My 11 year old son loves this weapon and will put 300 - 500 rounds through it every time he goes to the range with me (which is every time). The enjoyment he gets from shooting it makes every penny worth it to me.

S&W 22A. I really like it, accurate, eats most anything, smooth trigger. Also have two barrels for it, a 4" and 7" with a Red Dot that's easy to swap and it's easy to clean.

Got a itch for a BuckMark and/or a 41,... and a PX4, P238 and...it never stops. :popcorn:

Guest FroggyOne2

Well having learned a lot more about .22's.. Here is the list in order

Pardini

Walther SSP

Walther GSP

Benelli 95

IZH-35

S&W 41

Ruger MKII (with Volquartsen modifcations, ie trigger, sear and a Clark Custom hammer bushing)