? Home Video Surveillance ?

Looking to get a decent video surveillance setup for the house, DVR and 4-5 cameras. I'd like decent video quality and the abilit to keep at least a few days. Also being able to see it via the internet would be cool.

There are so many options, anyone used one that they have had sucess with?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out supercircuits.com they have a lot of DIY kits at decent prices where they will sell you everything that you need for a 4-5 camera setup or whatever you want. You should be able to tie in your DVR to your internet and view remotely as well.

https://www.dropcam.com

I have 3 and love them , records off site , the crooks can't steal your recording.

I like this concept. The website says you can monitor on an ipad or iphone or computer. How do you do it? After reading the website, Im a little confused...will the cam wifi directly to my network with out a DVR? And I see recurring charges on there...

Edited by barewoolf

This seems to explain it:

https://www.dropcam.com/plans

Basic lets you view a live stream, no recording, but no fees either. It's basically a live webcam.

Or pay a monthly/yearly fee for 7 or 30 days worth of recoded data.

You won't need a DVR. The camera will connect via your Wi-Fi connection to the Internet to DropCam's servers and send them the live feed of images. Your mobile device or computer would connect to their servers to view the live feed, or past recordings if you have their paid DVR service.

All you need is the camera, a Wi-Fi connection in range of the camera, and a device with Internet access to view it on.

Edited by monkeylizard