Current turn around time.

Guest tommy62

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year several HCP holders were getting permits in 2-3 weeks. I'd wait a month before calling to check on the status. The number of applicants and vacation schedules at Dept. of Safety will affect wait times. I waited (impatiently) for 3 months before calling and it arrived within four days of my call.

From most reports, if no glitches in background checks, under a month, a few miracle reports of around 2 weeks.

My renewal has been over 3 months so far, though. Go figger.

- OS

So I called yesterday. Gal couldn't give any reason why it hadn't been issued, said would have to refer it to someone else. Supposed to call me. Nada yet.

I'm always on the outer edges of life's bell curves though. Original permit took right at 3 months, seems only phone calls and emails shook it loose even then.

- OS

My renewal took 3 weeks. Went without for a week, but I was on vacation out of state and not needing to carry then. Staying with family that have the same views about home safety is nice. Procrastination got me. Could have done it early but just kept putting it off for some reason.

So I called yesterday. Gal couldn't give any reason why it hadn't been issued, said would have to refer it to someone else. Supposed to call me. Nada yet.

I'm always on the outer edges of life's bell curves though. Original permit took right at 3 months, seems only phone calls and emails shook it loose even then.

- OS

After calling Monday with no info forthcoming, and phone call promised, called back today (Wed), said "issued yesterday".

For me at least, it's the same ole dysfunctional process as it was 4 years ago. Will be 3.5 months since I got acknowledgement letter, and seems if I had never called it would never have been issued.

- OS

Guest bkelm18

Just got my renewal today. Took about a month. New permit style looks odd. Made of thinner plastic too. Seems kinda flimsy.

Edited by bkelm18
Guest BungieCord

24 calendar days by mail.

I received the receipt by mail in four calendar days, and the expired HCP is valid if you also are in possession of the receipt for its renewal.

Guest tchristian

hmm...Turned in my paperwork and prints at the end of june...never received an acknowledgment letter or anything, and still dont have my permit. Guess I'll give them a shout tomorrow.

Edited by tchristian

Just got my renewal today. Took about a month. New permit style looks odd. Made of thinner plastic too. Seems kinda flimsy.

I agree Bkelm I noticed that when I pulled it out of the envelope.

Mine took about 3 weeks this time.

I was fingerprinted in Covington for my permit last Wednesday, I will update when I get it in the mail.

UPDATE - Got it in the mail Saturday. Fingerprinted Aug 22, date of isssue is Sept. 4, in the mailbox Sept 15.

Edited by PWNED
  • 3 weeks later...

30 days so far here...i called yesterday and she issued it while i was on the phone like it was just sitting there waiting for someone to click issue.... but my dads was issued 10 days ago yet we went together to the dmv and fingerprinted together....so im looking at another 7-14 days according to who i spoke with...ill be looking about 45 days from the day i paid and got fingerprinted

Edited by mcordell

30 days so far here...i called yesterday and she issued it while i was on the phone like it was just sitting there waiting for someone to click issue.... but my dads was issued 10 days ago yet we went together to the dmv and fingerprinted together....so im looking at another 7-14 days according to who i spoke with...ill be looking about 45 days from the day i paid and got fingerprinted

Once it's "issued", it's usually 4-5 working days in your hand.

- OS