so it begins

Well, as a super late fathers day gift I am finally taking the bride shooting tomorrow. Plus, just got my first .223 so I am looking forward to breaking it in.

She has never shot a firearm before so we will be taking it light with a .22 for a few dozen rounds and then will work up to shooting a .380, .38, .40 and will let her throw a few .223 just for grins. I am hoping to get her into it enough to get her HCP. Wish me luck, will be at chmr

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HvyMtl

Enjoy, focus on her having fun. Let her do it, instead of you doing it for her (after she understands the safety aspects. Mistake I made with a GF.)

Best wishes!

Guest vca2004

If she doesn't like the .40, let her try the .380 again so she can build confidence first if you want her to get her permit. She'll ask for the bigger guns on her own once she's more confident. And then you get to buy two of everything :dirty: .

oh, awesome. she got fattiged but after she got use to the noise and the recoil she actually did great. What I think settle most of the anxioty was when we got there we pulled up next to a nice elder couple, had to been in the 70, 80s. I think when she saw a sweet ole lady punchin holes in targets she figured she could handle this. She was intimidated by the AR but after she pulled the trigger and found how smooth it shot she actually really liked the AR the best I think. I do think I am going to put a forward grip on it to make it easier aim for longer periods

Guest vca2004

Great! I'm glad she enjoyed it so much :P . Did she request her own gun yet? Is she going to shoot just every now and then or is the goal to get her a permit?

Good for you 1pointofview, glad She likes to shoot.

My OL likes it as well, "She" now ownes a 44 cap and ball and a 45 Long colt rifle

and Her carry Ruger LCR in 38.

Edited by RED333