Full auto next door

I think I knew before I started this thread that there was nothing I could do and just needed you guys as a sounding board. So thanks for tolerating my rant.

The thought of impeding someone's rights is distasteful to me; I just wish people would be more responsible about exercising them sometimes. The fact that these neighbors are poopyheads doesn't make these situations any easier to tolerate.

I've always believed that people have a right to a certain level of peace and quiet, free from UNREASONABLE and UNNECESSARY noise. Lawn mowers and other power equipment is necessary from time to time. I don't even enjoy the sound of mine, but I have to use them unless I want to be surrounded by jungle.

I think I knew before I started this thread that there was nothing I could do and just needed you guys as a sounding board. So thanks for tolerating my rant.

The thought of impeding someone's rights is distasteful to me; I just wish people would be more responsible about exercising them sometimes. The fact that these neighbors are poopyheads doesn't make these situations any easier to tolerate.

I've always believed that people have a right to a certain level of peace and quiet, free from UNREASONABLE and UNNECESSARY noise. Lawn mowers and other power equipment is necessary from time to time. I don't even enjoy the sound of mine, but I have to use them unless I want to be surrounded by jungle.

I'm pretty much in the same boat on a-hole neighbors. I'd love to go a few rounds with mine but have been denied my requests for a fair and gentlemanly fist fight. Even if I got my butt kicked I'd feel better about landing some good licks, but I probably wouldn't lose, which is why my offer was denied.

Buy more land or move I can't see my neighbors but sometimes I hear mine in the distance. Hopefully I can buy their property eventually and be more isolated.

No land available, plus it's too expensive. And why should I let someone force me off my property?

I wouldn't consider it being forced off your property so much as making money to let someone else deal with the noise. I'm more of a peace and isolation person. I don't like noises be that from a gun, mower, or party. Perhaps you don't mind the noise as much as who is making it, which makes the idea of moving a more likely solution in my mind.

My last move was 100% because of bad neighbors. Lived in the house for eight years with normal noises. Dogs, radios, and occasional party didn't bother me. Then the new neighbors move in. Sanding and buffing cars outside at 2am, kids running through the back yard all night long, and hitting a baseball training aid for hours in the middle of the night drove me crazy. During the day (while they slept) they pushed a caged parrot to the edge of the driveway. While my house was trying to watch a movie or have dinner all you could hear was the bird screem. I don't regret the move at all. I can put up with a lot of noise as long as it's not in the middle of the night. Now my new neighbors shoot, garden, run mowers and all that stuff, but do it in a respectful manner.

Guest 270win

If you live in the country there is not much you can do about people shooting on their property. That is the whole point people move to rural areas is to be able to shoot guns, have bonfires, fireworks, and work on trucks. I had people once complain on me for shooting and the complainers were told they needed to move in town if they didn't like people shooting.

We put our house up for sale 3 years ago because of problems with neighbors. My problem neighbors are my family and we were willing to take a $60K hit to get out of here. Unfortunately the failing housing market coupled with my injury made it impossible for me to get financed for another house. We had actually planned on moving in the middle of the night to prevent them from following us and knowing where we were moving to.

My problem had nothgin really to do with noise. It had to do with threats of killing my family and I. And then a relative tried by grabbing an AK47 and heading our way. This was my brother and this was because I quit giving him money for his drug addiction.

Those who have been on here for a while know all about what happened as well as how screwed up my family is. A little noise is annoying but it can be much, much worse.

Dolomite

I know when i visit my dad in Tullahoma, it sure is more peaceful than my neighborhood in Lincoln county. But i live out in the country in a subdivision( which isn't the

ideal place for me to be able to shoot my guns). But most of my neighbors are at least considerate of those of us who have to go in early to work. I only have a few,

teenagers( maybe young adults) who drive by with their systems at full blast, ( not so much when it starts getting colder) and the one neighbor who has a POS 80's

mustang which sounds like top fuel drag racer when he drives by late at night. But the real ticker is the air cannons the local farmers use to scare off the varmints who get

their crops. But it only runs late at night and is about like a potato gun going off( but three timesin a row every 15 minutes). End of rant.

As for the poster who had an annoying neighbor ride his atv thru everyone's yards( just a board with nails thru it solves that problem or maybe a fence)but one quick call

to the sherrif makes them stop, but brands you as a tattletale. Best to try to work things out with the offender and if everything fails, then call the sherrif/police but only as

a last resort.

Edited by Wyldk2

Ha ha . . .

Buy a car alarm that's noise sensitive and a 12 volt battery to run it. Set it up on your property with the speaker aimed his way . . . when he starts firing, the alarm goes off . . . Whoop - whoop - whoop / ee-aah - ee-aah - ee-aah / beep - beep - beep / reset / step & repeat. . . .

Fun to think about, not so much fun to do.

I know when i visit my dad in Tullahoma, it sure is more peaceful than my neighborhood in Lincoln county. But i live out in the country in a subdivision( which isn't the

ideal place for me to be able to shoot my guns). But most of my neighbors are at least considerate of those of us who have to go in early to work. I only have a few,

teenagers( maybe young adults) who drive by with their systems at full blast, ( not so much when it starts getting colder) and the one neighbor who has a POS 80's

mustang which sounds like top fuel drag racer when he drives by late at night. But the real ticker is the air cannons the local farmers use to scare off the varmints who get

their crops. But it only runs late at night and is about like a potato gun going off( but three timesin a row every 15 minutes). End of rant.

As for the poster who had an annoying neighbor ride his atv thru everyone's yards( just a board with nails thru it solves that problem or maybe a fence)but one quick call

to the sherrif makes them stop, but brands you as a tattletale. Best to try to work things out with the offender and if everything fails, then call the sherrif/police but only as

a last resort.

Carefull,

My buddy owns a farm in Lincoln county, we shoot all type's of legal FA out there, if we knew we were bothering someone, we'd break out RPG's and mortars if we had them :devil: ....

what do you sell?

seen your add for pmc, do you buy by the case or pallet?

He buys them by neither. More like storage container.

That is how he can offer us the best prices anywhere. And you will not find a more honest man to deal with. He is a shooter and has all the knowledge you could need, all you have to do is ask him.

I cannot say enough great things about David. He is trully one of a kind in this world.

Dolomite

I can borrow that .50 bmg I shot the other night but you have to provide own ammo if you wanna shoot. Actually I think jimmy still has a bunch of blank rounds that would do good if you don't have a backstop for .50.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

Same here. I had a pretty killer system and the change in music taste as well as kids pushed me out of it.

Yeah I had the same thing going on in high school. I also had the change in taste. But I gotta say, AC/DC sounds pretty damn good on a good sound system. But back to the topic, calling the cops is the last thing i would do.