Chest rig

Looking at HSGI chest rigs and taco pouches. Anyone have any experience with their products?? In the market for a setup to take some shooting courses and weighing options since I would be dropping a bit of money on this type of equipment. Thanks in advance for any info....

VTAC Brokos is a nice way to go with a belt set up. I've read good things about the HSGI sure-grip, and TYR apparently has a new, nice belt setup out. I wouldn't give risk giving any of my money to John Willis. If you do, I hope you actually get your product. There are too many verified stories of him ripping people off and his other online shenanigans.

For chest rigs, look into ATS, Mayflower, Tactical Tailor, the HSGI/tacos seem to be really nice..... I also wouldn't get anything in 1000 cordura anymore either. 500 is a very nice, lightweight, and durable compromise. That's just a personal thing through use though.

I would also recommend trying to pick things up used, especially if you're not 100% on what you want/need.

Thanks for the info. I have ordered a couple of things from John and had no issues. Maybe the horror stories are put to bed. As far as his online shenanigans, I can't really blame him for calling people out that order and then don't pay. I would be pretty pissed if I spent time making something for a person who then didn't pay for the goods I spent my time on. I guess thats just a matter of perspective ...

Lol, I think you should read more on his actions. More like people sent him money and he never sent them their orders. There's correspondence of him acknowledging it before things went south in a bad way. It wasn't limited to one person either.

I guess it is perspective. Enough to keep me away from the guy. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest tennesseevolz

ATS near Fort Cmpbell, and on the web has some slick set ups- check out the low profile m-4 rig along w/ the war belt / insert, you will be set - they are also stocking the Tacos

Guest HillyKarma

Blackhawk has some nice chest rigs

Yeah, I have a close friend, Lance Corporal Anthony Cotto, who's serving with F.A.S.T. Co., and he swears by Blackhawk Equipment above all else.