Cross Breed Holsters IWB SOB

Guest jcoyle6

Guest jcoyle6

Ok, so I just got my first IWB holster. I shopped around the 'net and came acroos Cross Breed. My IWB SOB just came in today and like all new leather and kydex, and or kydex would be a little stiff and take some getting used to. What do you guys have to say about them? I tell you getting used the the specific draw on this holster will take me some time to master as well as the proper placement and belt... I dunno so far I about give myself a wedgie every time I try to draw at any sort of repectable speed. Any help would be great.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdog

Man those exposed rivets on the back of the holster, look uncomfortable. Have you tried driving with that thing on ? Let us know how it works out.

i have an original IWB from CB, the rivots aren't noticed at all. i carry about 2 oclock with my SC. i can sit in the car no problem, the leather will take a week or two to break in, and when it does it's even better. i worked the kydex over to get the exact fit i wanted and continue to do so as the leather softens. i can't imagine SOB to be any different. i used to carry that way although with a Desantis Tuck this, and was very uncomfortable in the car, usually took it out to ride, whiched sucked. it's a tough draw no matter the holster. did you get the quickclip? or the double clip (clip on each side of the gun)? wear the holster as much as possible even without the gun, to let the leather break in. then if you need to adjust the kydex to get the retention you're looking for. if you haven't messed with kydex before, pm me if you decide to do so, i'll give you some tips.

Guest DeeZee

I have 2 crossbreed IWB's and all I can say is that the only drawback IMHO is that they're not the prettiest things to look at. As far as IWB's go Crossbreed makes an extremely comfortable and durable package that wears like a champ for 14+ hours a day.

I bought my 1st with adjustable cant so I could get the exact height and cant I needed for a comfortable ride and maximum concealment. When I ordered the second for a different piece I just let Mark know exactly what I wanted and he put it there with rivets.

I can also tell you that Mark will do what he has to do to make a customer happy.....that in my book speaks volumes.

Guest jcoyle6

Well I have been wearing the holster all afternoon (can't carry in institutions of higher learning, bummer) and it feels ok. Proper placement helps with draw as does a little forward leaning. The leather backing makes it hard for my thumb to wrap around the grip, I am thinking of trimming the leather to allow for more access.

I chose the SOB because I was hoping it would keep the grip right above my left butt cheek. I really wanted a check six IWB style holster and this was the closest thing I could find to it. I don't know it just seemed like a good carry location. Not so great for printing, but would be easier to access. I understand the peril of storing something on your spine but I had to check out the carry option myself.

This holster conceals very well but I have yet to sit in my car. Sitting down is not bad, the holster prints but thats to be expected. I am gonna give it a week to see what type of adjustments I want to make to it. I'll keep the updates posted. Thanks for the info.

The leather backing makes it hard for my thumb to wrap around the grip, I am thinking of trimming the leather to allow for more access.

don't try to grab the grip INFRONT of the leather, grab the front of the grip like normal with your fingers, then slide your thumb BEHIND the leather (between your back and the leather) as you pull the gun out, your thumb will fall into place on the grip. try it a few times and you'll see what i mean

Guest jcoyle6

Well I have got this holster all figured out. I got the draw and position thing squared away. It conceals extremely well. Working in a liquor store, and having to bend over a lot to pick up stuff printing is an issue. But I just don't think most people pay attention to the printing or don't recognize it for what it is. Or if they do, they don't mention it. I digress.

Downsides. Sitting is okay. Sitting in a car not so good. It does require that pants are pulled up a little high when sitting in a vehicle but the holster is very comfortable to wear.

I would reccomend CrossBreed to anyone who is looking for an innovative IWB holster.

Guest db99wj

I don't think printing in a liquor store would be a problem. I've been to a few (3), friends that I know own them, and they all carry, have one under the counter and usually have a shotgun in the corner. course this is Memphis. One even said the Alcohol folks said something but they could not show in law where it prohibits the owners and employees from not carrying.

Guest grayfox

Take it from someone who has been there, the first time you fall, or get slammed to the ground on your back, you'll put it in the drawer. They look great, but in a fight (not all fights are gunfights), you could get hurt real bad.