Trouble with benefactor membership

I tried to do the 6 month benefactor membership, but a drop down menu entitled says "associate the membership" pops up. The drop down will no let me do anything with it, and I do not know what that really means. The 1 year will let me add to cart, but the 6 month will not. Can someone explain?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Dave, Do I have to belong to PayPal to become a benefactor? If so I seem to find that payment is automatic which I don't reakky care for. Is there a direct way to join via card or check?

Ken

Dave, Do I have to belong to PayPal to become a benefactor? If so I seem to find that payment is automatic which I don't reakky care for...

What do you mean "automatic"? PP just charges your credit card like any other online purchase, you'll see it in monthly cc statement. You'll get email receipt too pretty sure, even without making an account think you have to supply an email addy.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator
[quote name='Pengnpup' timestamp='1351857918' post='837664']
Can not get a six month benefactor to work. I have tried several browsers. Nothing works.
[/quote]

See my reply in your other thread.

The problem here seems to be that folks have previous memberships which expired, and rather than renewing them they are trying to buy new memberships. The software isn't "smart" enough to figure out what is happening and is blocking them from proceeding. The solution is for the member to either access the [url="http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/store/"]TGO Store[/url] , locate the original subscription and renew it, or have me cancel the subscription and they can buy a new one. Obviously the former of those two options is going to be the fastest way to resolution -- provided it works.

I will contact the software's vendor today and see if they can recommend a settings change or perhaps can alter their software in a way that will prevent this from happening again.
  • 4 weeks later...