Caster

Loveless cafe

Just ate there the other day and never noticed the gun buster. Oops!

There's half a million stickers and crap all over the door, but it's there. Well, no more Loveless for this lead poisoned nutcase.

That sucks big time. I love Loveless, can't believe an institution like that would post. Seems they've forgotten where they are and where they came from.

As a side note, anyone remember when there was a trailer of ill refute in the back lot? Long before my time but a friend of the family was a long haul trucker and apparently used to find "company" out there when passing through.

Damn...I love Loveless Cafe but if they are posted I guess I'll never eat there again.

It's been a while since I was there last - didn't notice a sign before. I wonder if it's been there and I just didn't see it or if it went up recently. And if recently; I wonder why?

is it worth sending them a letter asking to reconsider?

No, it's not worth it. They have an hour wait time, ANY time. They have SOOOO much business, what do they care if they alienate a very few?? It's like telling walmart you'll never come back. They'll offer you a parting soda:

Picture1-7.png

Edited by Caster
  • Like 1

Damn...I love Loveless Cafe but if they are posted I guess I'll never eat there again.

It's been a while since I was there last - didn't notice a sign before. I wonder if it's been there and I just didn't see it or if it went up recently. And if recently; I wonder why?

It looks like it's been there a good while. It's so clustered with stuff, it looks like the wall of a hippy club there's so much crap hung everywhere.

If I recall correctly i'd say at least a year & a half. Took the inlaws last year sometime & saw it then. Haven't been back since. Good sorghum, too bad. Think I read somewhere else they had an ownership change & that's when it got posted.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Went there for the first time back earlier this summer with my family. Honestly didn't think it lived up to the hype. Kind of felt like I wasted a bunch of time and money to essentially get the same breakfast that we would have/could have made at home. :shrug:

• Like 2

Yeah, it's not a bad restaurant, but for some reason Oprah and the Food Network make it out to be some kind of magical wonderland. Over hyped would be an apt description,

• Like 4

I never have understood how everybody thinks the food at Loveless Cafe is anything special. The biscuits sure are nothing to write home about. My wife has been baking biscuits from scratch for sixty years and they put Loveless biscuits to shame. I guess the rest of the meal was ok but I can get that quality food at about any small town restaurant for breakfast. They even had lousy silverware that bent when trying to stick a fork in a piece of country ham that needed cutting.

• Like 2

Id rather have cracker barrel but then I understand the pancake pantry place people even less than loveless. Now that place I hate gah

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I ate there for the first time for my bday and enjoyed it but it was nothing special. The biscuits are more like rolls to me. Different but not like momma made. But at this point it is not worth the drive to support a place that feels the need to push a policy out of ideologically instead of reason, their choice as well as mine

Add me to the list of those who don't understand the hype. I think everyone gets all caught up in the history of the place, and that somehow tricks their minds into believing the food is better than it really is.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." ~ Albert Einstein

• Like 1

I've never been there. Heard about it for years, but never made it to my gotta do list. I sure won't go now unless somebody drags me in there.

That sucks big time. I love Loveless, can't believe an institution like that would post. Seems they've forgotten where they are and where they came from.

This is what Nashville is becoming. It's sad but I see these signs everywhere.

Dfsixstring

SR9c

LCP

RST4S

This is what Nashville is becoming. It's sad but I see these signs everywhere.

Dfsixstring

SR9c

LCP

RST4S

I hate to say it but honestly Nashville sometimes reminds me of a nicer LA.

The state laws are much much much better than Ca, but I have this sneaking suspicion that overdevelopment will eventually make alot of things go bad here.

I know there's more traffic now than when I lived here 5 years ago, and theres even a Whole Foods market.

Trust me, Whole Foods is the first sign of the yuppie takeover.

Trust me, Whole Foods is the first sign of the yuppie takeover.

That may be, but if memory serves, didn't the founder refuse to cave to pressure from the Brady Bunch when they demanded that he take a stand on concealed carry? I seem to remember him being in some hot water from anti-gun groups. Can't find anything when I Google it, though.

Sounds about right. I know that one of the co-founders (John Mackey) is a proud capitalist and has conservative views on lots of things, most vocally healthcare reform.

Well fellas, I'm going to beg to differ...

Thirty-two years ago when I got hitched, my wife couldn't boil water.

Fast forward thirty-two years... Now not can she only boil water, she can burn it every time too.

Loveless biscuits are something to write home about. DEAR WIFE...

• Like 1

I looked for a sign yesterday but couldn't find it. All the stickers they had on the front door were removed. Wait time was over an hour, so decided to eat elsewhere.

I looked for a sign yesterday but couldn't find it. All the stickers they had on the front door were removed. Wait time was over an hour, so decided to eat elsewhere.

Last time I ate there, I ordered it to go and sat outside at 1 of the picnic tables.

I like to eat there it changed hand several years ago i have covered the gunbuster sign with a corvette club sticker
  • Like 5

I like to eat there it changed hand several years ago i have covered the gunbuster sign with a corvette club sticker

Too funny! That's one way to solve a problem. Corvette stickers all around, and pass the bisquits!