New Beretta 96G ELITE

As some of you have noticed, I'm completely addicted to Berettas. I love their beautiful lines, how easy they are to work on and customize, and the way they feel in my hand. Here's the nicest addition to my collection so far. A member on another forum posted a copy of an ad from an out of state dealer. The ad didn't specify new or used so I naturally expected used with mabe some scratches or wear, but it was priced so low I had to grab it. When I picked it up at the FFL, I was astounded to find a brand new 96G Elite waiting for me. At first I was worried that they might have sent me the wrong pistol & that I might have to send it back. Thank goodness this was one of those rare occassions when something turned out to be better than expected. The finish is flawless & untouched. She's not going anywhere!

The Elite model was a limited production manufactured by Beretta for only three years ('99-'01) & are becoming rare. The Elite pistols are "G" models which means they have a decocker only instead of a safety & featured a skeletonized hammer, front slide serrations, a wider, stronger slide, beveled mag well, rubber mag base pads, & 4.7" stainless barrels.

004-31.jpg

007-24.jpg

009-6.jpg

010-11.jpg

011-5.jpg

012-1.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha. I figured it would probably be a .40 since it wasn't labeled "92" but I don't know Beretta's...

I know what you mean. I'm lost when it comes to Glock's numbering system, but I've never owned one. It's too bad Beretta never designed a .45 acp version of the 92 series. It would be nice to have one in each caliber.