Combat Pawn and James Yeager

I was watching the show tonight and in walks James Yeager. He shows interest in and then test fires a suppressed Uzi. While shooting he flipped it upside down and decided to impress the salesman by hitting the target while shooting upside down. Not really that hard to do.

Then he decided to buy the suppressed Uzi for $2,300 out the door. And then he walked right out the door with it. I guess it was either a fake can and the show edited the sound or just plain BS on the part of the writers. I do kow last week they put a FA sound file with a semi auto gun. $2,300 for it is a real reip off.

But as usual it was more of the usual James Yeager, ooh look at me, BS he does.

And just so everyone knows. I watch the show to learn, after all everything on the show must be real and factual.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

You know they get special treatment and not waiting period for the "Can" for class 3 paperwork. However it scares the hell out of some people showing them that people can just buy a "Can" and wake right out the door with it. You know in Hollywood movies those things are evil.

I was watching the show tonight and in walks James Yeager. He shows interest in and then test fires a suppressed Uzi. While shooting he flipped it upside down and decided to impress the salesman by hitting the target while shooting upside down. Not really that hard to do.

Then he decided to buy the suppressed Uzi for $2,300 out the door. And then he walked right out the door with it. I guess it was either a fake can and the show edited the sound or just plain BS on the part of the writers. I do kow last week they put a FA sound file with a semi auto gun. $2,300 for it is a real reip off.

But as usual it was more of the usual James Yeager, ooh look at me, BS he does.

And just so everyone knows. I watch the show to learn, after all everything on the show must be real and factual.

Dolomite

So... I had to Google "James Yeager". I would not recognize him any more than this "Snookie" that is commented on in FB. Apparently, he and this "Snookie" have much in common.

<my wife thinks reality TV shows are "real". Me, I have not watched TV in about 5 years. I am convinced it has worked as well as a high fiber diet. My mind is a lot clearer nowadays.>

Seems odd, maybe they're taking the opposite approach to American Guns? Slick Rich would try to have you believe that $1,200-$1,500 worth of guns is worth about $10,000 after he "works" on it, while this new show is radically downplaying costs.

Either way, just remember while watching. Crap load o' crap, straight from crap town.

Haven't even bothered with this new show and honestly I doubt I will, I get the outdoor channel and can just watch one of MidwayUSA's shows. Drama free, and the prices they mention are MSRP.

Also who is this Yeager guy? Am I supposed to care? If he can shoot a playing card in half, out of someones hand, one handed, hanging upside down, double action like Ed McGivern, I'll probably start giving a crap. So can he? Didn't think so. Crap not given.

<Edited due to pre coffee confusion>

Edited by TrickyNicky
Guest TankerHC

Heck with it. Was going to go with a James Yeager post. But its simple. Google John Giduck. Two of a kind.

Edited by TankerHC

Also who is Chuck Yeager? Am I supposed to care? If he can shoot a playing card in half, out of someones hand, one handed, hanging upside down, double action like Ed McGivern, I'll probably start giving a crap. So can he? Didn't think so. Crap not given.

Chuck Yeager is a legend. He was also the first pilot to break the sound barrier. I would be very impressed with being able to meet him.

Which has nothing to do with this…biggrin.gif

Also who is Chuck Yeager? Am I supposed to care? If he can shoot a playing card in half, out of someones hand, one handed, hanging upside down, double action like Ed McGivern, I'll probably start giving a crap. So can he? Didn't think so. Crap not given.

Chuck Yeager is a legend. He was also the first pilot to break the sound barrier. I would be very impressed with being able to meet him.

ding ding....Hence my comment about Snookie having something in common with James. There is legend, and there is legend in one's own mind.

Chuck Yeager (not James) is the one remembered in history. The other two will fade out of pop culture to obscurity.

Chuck is the one who discovered that it is possible to fly faster than a bullet, and did so believing that the instant he broke the sound barrier, that he would probably die when the plane broke up. That...is legendary.

James Yeager is not in Pop Culture at all. He runs a training company in Camden, TN and is a controversial figure in the firearms blogosphere.

That meets the definition of pop culture (in the gun world). And yes, I am aware of who he is.

Popular culture is the totality of ideas, perspectives, attitudes, memes,[1] images and other phenomena that are preferred[citation needed] by an informal consensus within the mainstream of a given culture, especially Western culture of the early to mid 20th century and the emerging global mainstream of the late 20th and early 21st century. Heavily influenced by mass media, this collection of ideas permeates the everyday lives of the society.

Despite most people owning guns in the US people with our general opinions are not the mainstream.

Maybe Mr. Yeager is striving for a Hollywood career?

I'd like to see him replace Vin Diesel in a new shoot everything up action "B" movie titled, "Yeagerism Returns"!

When you positively absolutely have to kill every bad guy in the room, nothing less than an upside down Uzi will do Scooby Doo, where are you?

Personally, I think he would make an excellent bad guy actor in action movies, don't you? Rambo, the Terminator, Braddock, Rocky, Moe, Larry and Curly all rolled up into one?

Edited by Dennis1209

Doh! Guess my brian wasn't working, theirs a raisin I shouldnt be posting before I've had my coffee.

Now on a side note my dad met Chuck Yeager once... Now there's someone worth talking about.

Oh he's the guy who Mike speaks so highly of running that outfit in Camden.

It's good training. James can be an ass sometimes but he runs a good company and offers top tier training classes to folks regardless of their professions.

Mike

Edited by Mike