EOTech = Outstanding Customer Service

I just wanted to share a situation that occurred and its timely resolution.

I own an EOTech 512 and have for a pretty long time. The date on it is 2003. Obviously it was well out of warranty.

Long story short: I loaned it out and it took much longer than it should to be returned. Well... I recently got the unit back it wouldn’t turn on. No problem thought I, and I set about replacing the batteries. Problem was, the battery compartment, batteries, and contact points were corroded with rusty looking battery ooze.

Lesson learned: I won’t be loaning out my gear like this again.

I cleaned it as best I could, but had no luck whatsoever. Doom on me! :wall:

I contacted Mike Kroll via customer service at EOTech. I explained what had happened to Mike.

His initial reply was for me to order a new contact kit and a new battery compartment. Fair enough and good advice. I am not the original owner, but have had the unit since ’04. It’s seen some use and abuse.

EOTech does have a repair service. The cost of a rebuild runs a bit more than $150.00. Still a bargain as a new EOTech 512 runs $415.00 currently.

I e-mailed Mike and asked if there was a retail vendor as a source he’d recommend. He promptly e-mailed me back, asked for a mailing address, and sent the parts to me “free of chargeâ€.

From the time I first e-mailed Mike to having the sight repaired, up and running like new was 6 days…and I was at work the majority of those days.

I’m impressed. Customer Service with quite a few companies these days are simply automated e-mails and recorded or computer generated voice prompts. Not EOTech! This is Customer Service at its best. His actions demonstrated Integrity that went above and beyond as far as I’m concerned. This is the way it should be, but rarely is these days.

Hat’s off to EOTech and Mike Krull. Well done and greatly appreciated. :hat:

Disclaimer: I have no business connections whatsoever with EOTech. But I am a happy shooter! :up:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a new 512 several years ago and broke it a few weeks after the purchase. It was my fault (I bent the battery compartment latch all the way forward and cracked it). I contacted customer service, explained what I did, and asked to purchase a new one. They mailed out two new levers and a couple of roll pins at no charge (just in case I did it again). Excellent customer service.

Edited by sbeck37923