Don't let your girlfriend / wife shoot your favorite gun

kesava

Unless you can afford to buy a replacement. Me and my girlfriend went to G&L. I am prepping her to get her Carry Permit and she is really excited about it. Girls who like guns are hot ;) . She has also been asking about keeping one of my guns at her place since I am not there everynight. She would feel safer. I wanted her to get familiar with the gun I wanted to leave with her. My very reliable, ugly, not-so-fun-to-shoot kel tec 380. She looked at it and asked, "why can't I keep that one?" and pointed at my Kahn PM9 i had holstered. In my mind, I said "Hell no, devil woman." But, my actual words were, "well, I have become very efficient with this weapon and it's my EDC. I can even put it in my pocket if I need." She looks at the kel tec and replies "That green one is smaller, I am sure you can get that in your pocket too. Let me shoot both of them so I can better decide."

At this point, I knew all hope was lost.

She fired the kel tec once. Put's it down. It was a dead center mass shot... there was hope.

She takes the Kahr. Fires it once, and then again, adjusts her footing and proceeds to empty the mag, reloads and works out a nice 5inch spread with 13 rounds and gun she's never fired before. Infact, before that day she'd never fired a gun.

She says "I'll keep this one"

"Don't you want to try the glock?" I replied.

"Nope, I love this one."

She loves the trigger. So, I let her try out the new LCR, which she loved. So, I might be able to get my gun back, some day...

Took my wife to the range years ago and she fell in love with a Glock 19. Finally found a good deal on one (unfired), so I bought it for her. Brownie points!

Problem is, I fired it before she got to (Brownie point deduction).

Hoping she'll get to shoot it this weekend so I don't have to hear about my indiscretion (as often) anymore.

I feel your pain.

must be a G&L thing. my wife shot my Sig P938 last weekend ... only thing that saved me is there is no red on the weapon ... red being her favorite color (she has The Lady Sig).

sent from ...

Yall are making me bust a gut laughing so hard.

In the bottom of your hearts you woulg give an arm and leg for them, tell the truth.

I know I would go to the ends of the earth for mine, She likes shooting, starting

to looking reloading, has been watching me and asked if She could help. so I say "Hell Yea".

She has a 45 colt rifle made after The "Rifleman" rifle, a 44 ball and cap and Her EDC, a LCR in 38S.

She is mine, all mine, be proud of your OLs, I am proud of mine and yalls.

Edited by RED333
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife has claimed my Sig 226, my g19 my sp101 and my colt ar. Basicly my favorite weapons are hers ..... well that's what she thinks, but I work nights and I know if a idiot breaks in at night while I'm working she will hold the fort. The sad thing is at ok corral range she can spank the 8in circle of steel at 200 yards with the colt. My wife is a great shot is that common? I know I have a winner.

My wife grew up shooting. It's one of the things we talked about during our first dates. I'm pretty sure we ended up at the range together somewhere shortly after. My wife is pretty effecient, she loves her Glock 19 and can shoot it pretty darn well. Other than that, she pretty much doesn't/hasn't cared for any other gun. I will say when she shot my old Auto Ordance 1911, she took to it like snake oil on a snake charmer.......