Ron Paul washes his hands of Keynesian, fiscally irresponsible Republican party

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

http://www.examiner....epublican-party

On Aug. 31, Congressman and Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul officially washed his hands of the GOP, just as the 2012 Republican convention comes to a close. Citing the party being no different than the Democrats in fiscal spending and irresponsibility, the Texas Congressman denounced fully that the GOP in its current form was no longer his.

“

*REP. PAUL SAYS BOTH PARTIES KEYNESIANS, GOP 'NOT HIS PARTY'

*REP. PAUL SAYS FED PRICE FIXING

*REP. PAUL SAYS FED FLOODING MARKET WITH MONEY - Zerohedge via Bloomberg

The irony of today's announcement by Congressman Paul is that it was the Republican party who first rejected him, long before Paul's decision to wash his hands of the GOP. During the primary campaign season, multiple Republican committees in states across the country used rule changes and local law enforcement to ensure the Texas Congressman did not succeed in winning primaries. Couple this with the fraudulent attempt to keep Ron Paul from being nominated at the Convention by stealing his delegates in Maine, and in other states, and it is no surprise that the soon to retire Congressman has had enough of the corrupt political party he supported for more than 30 years.

Congressman Paul's assessment of the Republican party being no different than the Democrats when it comes to government spending and Keynesian economic doctrine is easily exemplified in Mitt Romney's vice-presidential candidate, Paul Ryan. As Chairman of the House budget committee, Ryan backed the raising of the debt ceiling in August of last year, and voted for TARP and the Obama stimulus packages which has increased the national debt by more than $2 trillion. His recent speech on cutting spending is actually just a proposal to cut future increases in spending, and not remove much from the over $1.4 trillion annual deficit.

As the Federal Reserve finishes up its annual meeting in Jackson Hole, Wyoming today, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke has the support of both Republicans and Democrats, no matter the campaign rhetoric. Through their willingness to bail out the banks during the credit crisis of 2008 under then President Bush, to the voting in of the failed Dodd-Frank act which actually lessens restrictions on the financial industry, the proof lies in the desire of both parties to continue to spend money it does not have, and create an ever growing debt than is unsustainable.

In the twilight of Ron Paul's political career, the time to play nice within the Republican party is over. Just as the highly suspicious TSA interrogation on Congressman Paul and his family occurred at the same time Mitt Romney was winning the nomination, so too was the establishment sending a message to Paul that his contributions were no longer welcome in the political party he dedicated his life to defending.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

So he's taking his ball and going home?

You beat me to it! Was thinking the same thing. This echos a school child taking away the game ball and running to the teacher with complaints that he didn't get picked for the team he wanted to be on so they would be told to play fair.

Guest ThePunisher

You beat me to it! Was thinking the same thing. This echos a school child taking away the game ball and running to the teacher with complaints that he didn't get picked for the team he wanted to be on so they would be told to play fair.

Or like a wimp who cries when he gets hit by a ball in a dodgeball game, and goes home and tells mommy that the mean ole PE teacher made him play dodgeball and he's got a red spot on his butt from the ball. So they try to get dodgeball banned from PE classes.

Or like a wimp who cries when he gets hit by a ball in a dodgeball game, and goes home and tells mommy that the mean ole PE teacher made him play dodgeball and he's got a red spot on his butt from the ball. So they try to get dodgeball banned from PE classes.

Yep. Now he'll just fade away. He's done.

Yeh, he may be taking his ball and going home, but he is right about the keynesians(sp?) in both parties

being willing to destroy a currency. That's one of the things I really do agree with him about.

Maybe this time he was loud enough to spark a debate that will deal with the subject that will slow down

the inflation we're headed toward. It's going to be bad, otherwise.

I don't care for his tactics, sometimes, but if he had focused on his message and worked on his delivery,

he might have accomplished something else. It's time to move on. His son can do fine things if allowed to

work within the party structure to get conservatism back in the mainstream.

Unfortunately, I believe we are well beyond getting this country back on the right track. To do so, it would require sacrifice and belt tightening on the part of less than wealthy Americans who depend on government for something.

When the majority of Americans discover they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury, it's party time.

The statistics I've seen show 50% of Americans pay no income tax at all. More than 50% of Americans receive some sort of government handout that includes; earned income tax credit (free money), welfare, WIC, Section 8, Aid to Dependent Children, Social Security, disability, corporate bail outs, disaster relief and buy outs, on and on and on and on...

Let the good times continue to roll...

Our founding fathers need to collectively roll over in their graves again and shake Washington up again.

Afraid I have to agree with you Dennis. I think it's too late to fix the problems. I hope that the Republicans will at least spread the pain over everyone. I think if the Democrats stay in power the gov. tit suckers will still get their's while everyone else will bear the pain. The pain needs to be shared. It can't be avoided much longer.

Things definitely need to be stirred

up in DC. You can't borrow your

prosperity, nor can you be everyone

else's keeper.

I pretty much expect anything nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've suspected for a long time, and have said so here on numerous occasions, that Pau was in it for the sake of Paul's ego...he was never a true Republican at heard and was only trying to use the party to get what he wanted. Now that he realizes what many of us have know for years, thet he'll never win the Presidency, his need to be a pretend Republican is gone.

His actions are understandable...he was smart enough to realize that the Libertarian party will never amount to anything more than it already is. At the same time, understandable or not, his actions seem a bit too underhanded for someone who truly has the best interests of the country at heart.

There is much that is wrong with the internal powers that be in the Republican party and to that extent, Ron Paul is correct but that's pretty much where his correctness ends.