How to Renew your C&R License

This was copied from garandgear.com I take no credit for this what so ever.

Renewing your License

Your C&R FFL License must be renewed every (3) years. The BATFE will mail to your registered address a renewal form (ATF Form 8 - 5310.11) 90 days before your license expires. Should you not receive a notice of renewal it is your responsibility to find out why and obtain one yourself. You may NOT purchase or dispose of C&R firearms after your current license expires; even if waiting on your renewal application to be processed.

Your must complete the [ATF F 5330.20 — Certification of Compliance] form when submitting your renewal application. This must be done even if you sent one in with your initial application. If this form is not included with your renewal application it will be returned to you. This form is used to determine your citizenship and eligibility and it should be included with your renewal package.

Fill out your renewal application without your billing information. Make a copy for your Cheif Law Enforcement Officer. Then complete the billing information.

1. Complete both sides (pages) of the form (5310.11) without the billing information as shown below.

4ab30ed4-7830-dfe5.jpg

[Page 1]

4ab30ed4-7849-5bb4.jpg

[Page 2]

2. Photocopy both sides of the forms and set the copy aside. This copy will be mailed to your chief law enforcement officer. A cover letter for your CLEO can be Downloaded.

3. Complete the billing information section on the orginal form.

4. Enclose the completed and signed form 5310.11 with your certification of compliance form in the envlope provided with your application. If you didn't receive an envelope mail your application forms to:

ATF

P.O. Box 409567

Atlanta, GA 30384-9567

5. Your new license should arrive within 30 to 90 days after submission to the BATFE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by luke9511
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest aircorpnut

have a question for the guys in nashville. i'm in old hickory & always dealt with the lakewood pd for my cleo part. when i would deliver the copy of my remewal to them, the chief would look it over, then shred it. my last renewal was after the dissolution of lakewood. after 4 calls to metro, i was instructed where to send it. it came back a week or so later with a letter stating that it needed to go to the atf. anyone else have this happen & where/who do you send your copy to?

have a question for the guys in nashville. i'm in old hickory & always dealt with the lakewood pd for my cleo part. when i would deliver the copy of my remewal to them, the chief would look it over, then shred it. my last renewal was after the dissolution of lakewood. after 4 calls to metro, i was instructed where to send it. it came back a week or so later with a letter stating that it needed to go to the atf. anyone else have this happen & where/who do you send your copy to?

The CLEO of all counties in Tennessee is the Sherriff, with the exception of Davidson; the CLEO there is the Metro Chief.

Your C&R does not require the CLEO to sign off; it is more of a courtesy from the ATF and an opportunity for the CLEO to let the ATF know if you are a nut case. The only requirement is that you send the CLEO in your area a copy.
If you are in Davidson County; send it here. What they do with it is their business.

Chief of Police
Metropolitan Nashville Police Department
200 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, TN 37201
  • Like 2
  • 10 months later...

Looking for a little help with my C&R renewal form.  The new form, revised in June of 2014, asks for "Hours Of Operation".  There used to be a check box for C&R.  Now there isn't, only one for gunsmithing.  It says I have to provide at least one hour in which I can be contacted by ATF personnel.  Has anyone else recently renewed and if so, what did you put in this area of the form?

Thanks for any advice.